нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - No, Really, I'm not dead
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
No, Really, I'm not dead
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoReallyThisIsCP

Post subject: No, Really, I'm not dead
Seriously, I'm CounterParadox. Haven't been able to log in for about 2 months. Just thought I'd pop in before the New Year and let everyone know that no, I ain't dead, now have I moved on. I've just regressed to lurker state and have been reading daily, but not posting.

It's been annoying at times.

Seriously, I had some REALLY snappy ZINGs to a few things that would have had you guys in stitches.

STITCHES.

But alas, the oppertunities have been missed.

Anyway, I'm still here. Hopefully, at some point, we'll be able to sort out my account issue.

-CP
PostSun Dec 31, 2006 12:09 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
As a browser of 4chan I thought this post was spam of a very dangerous nature at first...
PostSun Dec 31, 2006 1:05 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Good to see(or read, in this case) you back, CP. It's unfortunate that your account got all flamboozled, but look on the bright side. At least you can introduce a new generation of forum trolls to your unique brand of street justice.
PostSun Dec 31, 2006 7:51 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Guess I somehow missed out on all this. What exactly happened to your actual account cp?
PostMon Jan 01, 2007 12:13 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Does this statement still ring true? Wink
PostMon Jan 01, 2007 2:50 am
NoReallyThisIsCP

Post subject:
I have my browser memorize my password for this board because A) I come to it every day, B) I'm ANAL about who touches my computer. Really, really anal. So no one touches my computer without me being right there. C) None of my friends even know this site exists, so I doubt any would-be ne'er-do-well would touch it. And D) It's not as critical as, say, my Email accounts. Especially with Mod status, on the off chance that anyone WOULD do un-justice, I could easily set things right at my earliest convenience. Which would probably be 10 seconds after Nobu fixed it and got himself a cup of coffee.

The issue, however, comes in that now, I, erm, don't remember my password. And at some point there was another snafu with my account, and, as near as I can remember, Doug fixed it by fumbling with my password or some such.

Which means that the password stored in my browser no longer . . . works.

When I try entering any password, I get an error message about user data or some such. ANYway, I'm sure it'll get fixed at some point.

As for that link Nobu? If anything, things are more interesting. In three days, I'll be 21. There's a girl driving me NUTS (that, is usual. This particular one, however, goes against quite a few rules and conventions. It's a barrel of "not fair" mixed with "goddamnitsheshouldn'tbethatcute".) I'm part of a group project filming an hour long movie that is 95% filmed from a concept that was CREATED the first day of the fall semester and includes 22 characters (a few have no speaking parts) 12 sets and people getting shot ("Hey Nick" says the director, "It's your job to figure out how we're gonna make it look like someone's getting shot on camera. Have fun!" >_<) and is a kind of project the scale and timeframe of which has not previously been attempted at my school. Some of my friends back home are changing in ways I'm not sure I'm comfortable with. This is the first Christmas in memory that I didn't get some form of video game (would enjoy the Wii (you WAVE the CONTROL and SHIT HAPPENS CORRESPONDING WITH THE MOTION!) but have no place for it in my life) but really, the fact that I didn't mind not getting a game is probably more interesting than anything else. I recently realized that my sort of "don't give a shit" dress style is going to run into problems with the fact that I just realized, about 5 days ago, that very soon, I'm going to very much be giving a shit, and thus need to acquire quite a few new pieces of wardrobe, in addition to getting some that I already had like gloves (had nice ones, they ripped, but I just bought a new pair!) and sunglasses (had nice ones, lost them, during the summer even. Was sad.)

And to top it off, there's this GIRL, that's driving me NUTS . . .

Anyway, that answer your question? I don't think my life is boring, but you can be the judge.
PostMon Jan 01, 2007 9:21 pm
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
I was wondering where you'd gone. I haven't encountered any arguments lately. Wink
PostMon Jan 01, 2007 10:01 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
That does sound like fun. Very Happy

NoReallyThisIsCP wrote:
("Hey Nick" says the director, "It's your job to figure out how we're gonna make it look like someone's getting shot on camera. Have fun!" >_<)

That's actually pretty easy, unless you need them back for a later scene... Wink
PostMon Jan 01, 2007 11:44 pm
NoReallyThisIsCP

Post subject:
You laugh, but let me quote you part of a blog entry I wrote about it:

"3) Actually shoot our actors. That would create very, very realistic gunshot wounds on camera. However, if for some reason the camera doesn't catch it, we can't repeat it. Also, I'm not sure that having a body count is a sign of a successful film project. It very well may be, but I haven't heard any director mention that as the key to their success, so . . . let's just avoid it."

Anyone curious on the thought process behind it and how we actually DID manage to do it (I was the TOTAL MVP on that one) can read about it here: http://phoenixmovieproject.blogspot.com/2006/11/headache-be-gone.html
PostTue Jan 02, 2007 12:48 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
NoReallyThisIsCP wrote:
I'm not sure that having a body count is a sign of a successful film project.

I do know it didn't work for John Landis. Wink
PostTue Jan 02, 2007 4:11 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh, wow! Hey!

Seeing you back here is a nice surprise. Very Happy Welcome back, CP!
PostTue Jan 02, 2007 4:27 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
NoReallyThisIsCP wrote:
The issue, however, comes in that now, I, erm, don't remember my password. And at some point there was another snafu with my account, and, as near as I can remember, Doug fixed it by fumbling with my password or some such.

Which means that the password stored in my browser no longer . . . works.

When I try entering any password, I get an error message about user data or some such. ANYway, I'm sure it'll get fixed at some point.

Just out of curiosity, did you try the "Lost Your Password?" option on the 'Log In' screen? When the Infolink was originally constructed, my account was glitched in that I could not modify my password, and the auto-generated password would only work once. Basically, every time I logged off the boards, if I wanted to sign back in, I had to hit "Lost Your Password?", confirm it was my account, have a new password shot to my e-mail address, then log in with it...

Of course, if your account lists an inaccessible e-mail address, then you're kinda screwed...
PostTue Jan 02, 2007 11:30 am
NoReallyThisIsCP

Post subject:
Tried that, didn't get an email, checked both my current AND old email account, not sure what else to do.

Ho hum.
PostTue Jan 02, 2007 6:50 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
CP! I was thinking about you the other day when having a discussion on AIM about the 'lost TDA members'. Good to see you around.

ninja edit. For making it look like someone getting shot on camera, use red paintballs. Sure, it hurts.. but thats the best way to make it look. (paint pistol is relatively cheap too, works well as a prop)

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostWed Jan 03, 2007 2:02 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Dreadnot wrote:
ninja edit. For making it look like someone getting shot on camera, use red paintballs. Sure, it hurts.. but thats the best way to make it look. (paint pistol is relatively cheap too, works well as a prop)

No.
Green screen and green paintballs.
PostWed Jan 03, 2007 11:32 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: