нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
God it is terrible, isn't it? They could have made this the best show on there. I was never one for the dub, but the history of the Revolution was just that, history and should not have been edited. Now we can argue with the fact that Shishio was never around. Great but I'm not getting into another 'it's art and shouldn't be censored' arguement cause well yeah we could go there easily, but if it seemed too violent, it should not have been on toonami in the first place..dubbed or not..they could have done an amazing job..why of alll the shows did they have to ruin this one? The english opening that isn't even playing at this point in the series. Heart of Sword being through the entire series (although TMRevolution is the man I met him at Otakon this year) with the opening's animation..I mean while we can argue that stuff not directly part of the history could be edited (although I am against it..I just don't want to go down that path again) if it is historic, it should be preserved. And they certainly did not. Although, I don't know..editing the parts of sojiro's past and whatnot with Shishio, I geuss it is considered historic or at least educational because you are learning things about Japanese culture and atmosphere every second in that series...ahhh screw it..IT'S THE ARTIST'S VISION SO LEAVE IT ALONE! There..I said it..

to see my cosplay pics and otakon report

http://pcomics.topcities.com/eviljim

evilpenguin.keenspace.com

thanks guys
PostTue Sep 09, 2003 7:16 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
ToonamiL wrote:
Beatdiggga wrote:
Williams Street has failed!

They made a huge mistake trying to make the Battosai a kids show. They're paying the price now by having to move it to 11:00, while still keeping the abominable Y7 rating.

Now we have a bastard show, too violent for Toonami, but unable to air on Adult Swim due to WS's policy. A true shame. Supposedly, after the end of what's left of their bastardized Kyoto, there won't be any more episodes.

So the show is like the bastard child of all the shows?

More like the bastard child of the blocks.
PostTue Sep 09, 2003 11:11 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
a recap only a day after the episode?!? don't get used to it...

saturday night:

as kenshin, sano, and yumi approach the final battleground, kenshin thinks back to the events that have led to his current situation...sano's concerned with kenshin's physical state after two battles, and the time seems to be an issue with yumi...after the flashback, they arrive to see shishio and hojo waiting...

words are exchanged between the fighters, but soon enough the swords are drawn and the fighting begins...kenshin unleashes his god-like speed, but shishio is there to counter each blow...soon enough, shishio's blade catches fire, causing the effect of both cutting and burning on impact...kenshin struggles to grasp what's causing the reaction, but soon finds the answer: the force of friction ignites the dead tissue of shishio's past victims remaining on the sword, causing the fire...shishio reveals that his sword was forged by the same man as kenshin's reverse-blade, though his is the last of the "deadly" swords...kenshin again goes for his ace, combining his god-like speed with a basic hiten mitsarougi technique, but shishio catches it with a few fingers, rendering kenshin completely vulernable...shishio pulls him close and proceeds to bite kenshin's shoulder, pulling off a chunk of his skin and eating it (though that was understandibly not shown)...

kenshin falls to the ground completely stunned, and sano's yells are the last thing we hear as the credits roll...
PostSun Sep 14, 2003 11:56 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok, that was really freaky, Shishio biting Kenshin. Really, what's his motivation for doing so. That's just . . . creepy.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Sep 14, 2003 2:37 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Ok, that was really freaky, Shishio biting Kenshin. Really, what's his motivation for doing so. That's just . . . creepy.

i think it might've had something to do with shishio playing off of kenshin's mastery of the hiten mitsurugi technique...since one of kenshin's main fighting ideals is to predict the opponent's attack, the last thing he would have expected was to be chomped on...

that, or shishio's a vampire of sorts...
PostTue Sep 16, 2003 10:31 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't care. It's still creepy . . . and it's a good thing it wasn't shown on Toonami. No little kid should see that . . . yeesh man, I'm not kidding about the being creeped out thing. And I'm older than Toonami's audience.

PostTue Sep 16, 2003 3:12 pm
masterduelist

Post subject:
its not a little kids show any way
PostTue Sep 16, 2003 5:29 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually, there are many elements that are aimed at little kids. I agree with JJ about the Toonami showing, for the most part. Mainly because if everything GOOD was sent to AS, then Toonami would die. There are only a few things that, really, they'd have to edit out. Like the bite from Shishio. Which was edited (you don't see blood spray out and whatnot.)

Really, the plot isn't that thick or intricate. It has some good moments and good lines, but it's no Big O or Blue Gender or espcially not EVA.

PostTue Sep 16, 2003 6:56 pm
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
Now, all you guys know how much I love Kenshin. I mean I joined this place to be heard and I must say that I don't think we should be trying to compare Kenshin to anything like the last post saying it was no Big O or Eva, and that's right, it isn't. It's Rurouni Kenshin. Just like Big O is Big O, and Eva is Eva. They all have what makes them stand out, although if you wanna actually hear opinions, Although I loooove Big O (It is totally Noir..and I loove Batman so this works out perfectly) I have to say I love the plot in Kenshin with the music and feelings added in. I fall more to the longer series, but let's also look at Big O and Eva. Big O, you know is going to have some really emotional eps and I wanna sit there and see those and Eva..well..it's Eva and to be honest I saw the series and movies so many years ago, I just get sick of it because everyone says it is so good, but that doesn't make it any less sweet. I think it would have been wrong to keep it on toonami because it goes back to the artist's vision and all that. Editing, editing, editing, by the end, guys they take away what was so great about anime in the first place.. I mean if it has alot of blood than it wasn't meant to be seen by kids..depending on the parent, mind you, but it in general isn't meant to be seen by kids...period! Do I ever post anything other than a paragraph? God guys, I'm sorry! I like to rant lol.
PostThu Sep 18, 2003 6:45 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
just an added reminder to the board as the kyoto arc reaches its climax, kenshin will be on tomorrow night at 11pm...those following the story up 'till now will not want to miss the next few episodes, so make sure you take the necessary precautions or whatever...

Saturday 9/20, 11PM: The Age Chooses Shishio? Kenshin's Greatest Crisis!
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 3:57 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
just an added reminder to the board as the kyoto arc reaches its climax, kenshin will be on tomorrow night at 11pm...those following the story up 'till now will not want to miss the next few episodes, so make sure you take the necessary precautions or whatever...

Saturday 9/20, 11PM: The Age Chooses Shishio? Kenshin's Greatest Crisis!

Who cares? Half the episode won't even be on, thanks to edits!
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 4:29 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beat, I'm sorry to say this, but you are rapidly turning into the whiney n00b that rants about how DBZ should not be edited with this whole Kenshin thing.

PostFri Sep 19, 2003 4:57 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Beat, I'm sorry to say this, but you are rapidly turning into the whiney n00b that rants about how DBZ should not be edited with this whole Kenshin thing.

No, I'm not. This is completely different. The programming guys admitted that putting Kenshin on Toonami was one of the worst ideas they had this year, because they mistargeted their audience. They admitted it. Where does that leave the show? On at 11:30 at Y7 standards? It just doesn't seem right. That's all.

(Sigh) I guess it's time to whip out the cash for the DVD's.
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 5:53 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:
No, I'm not. This is completely different. The programming guys admitted that putting Kenshin on Toonami was one of the worst ideas they had this year, because they mistargeted their audience. They admitted it.

i'm only responding to this because, if this is concerning the interview i'm thinking it is, there was nothing said even remotely close to kenshin on toonami being "one of the worst ideas they had this year"...

Excerpt from ANX Interview w/Sean Akins (his text in bold) wrote:

One of your most popular acquisitions as well as one of the most controversial as of late would have to be Ruroni Kenshin. What got you thinking that Kenshin would find a good home on Toonami?

We love that show. It possessed several attributes that made us think it could succeed in Toonami. It found an audience, unfortunately not the kind of audience we were looking for.

It’s been speculated that Kenshin’s move from Toonami to SVES was brought on by the fact that Kenshin’s content was too ‘mature’ to air on Toonami, is this the reason for it’s move or is there another reason for it’s move to SVES?

Kind of… It wasn’t that the content was too mature, cuz we did the edit. Just the audience it attracted was outside the demo Toonami targets. It just skewed a little too old for us. Guess that should have been an Adult Swim show…

so, yes, i will concede that he admits in hindsight that it may have fared better on the adult swim block, but "one of the worst ideas..."? come on beat, you know better than that...

the dvd's have been out for over a year anyway, and the boxsets are on their way...if you're really so against this airing of kenshin, why even watch it?
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 6:44 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm not against it airing, I just want it airing on Adult Swim. But all things considered, Williams Street is standing by their decision, riding out Kenshin till the end of the Kyoto arc. I relucantly understand their decision, because if they didn't, they would open up the fan flood gates for Yu Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Star, Tenchi, and who knows how many other shows rabid fans would want on Adult Swim.

So in the end, I'll leave this alone, and buy the DVD's.
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 10:56 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 24 of 29

Jump to: