нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - I'm weak. Oh so utterly weak.
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
I'm weak. Oh so utterly weak.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So, how do feel about the PSP
Have it, love it, if you don't like it, you can go die.
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
I want. I so want.
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Looks cool, but I'm waiting for a price drop.
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Meh. Just an overgrown GB.
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Sony should look for other fields to rape.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AngelHedgie

Post subject: I'm weak. Oh so utterly weak.
I said I wouldn't do it. I was firm, resolute, confident. Besides, without a preorder, I was screwed anyway, right?

Never underestimate the power of living in the middle of nowhere.

And that is how, after a night shift lengthened thanks to my relief calling in sick, I am now the proud owner of a PSP.

(hugs PSP protectively)

All I'm going to say is that this system exudes cool. Where the Game Boy line has always had a very toyetic feel to it, the PSP is sleek, mature, sexy...soft, supple curves welcome your tender embrace...

Pardon me, I need to go beat my inner libido back into its cage.

(sounds of a violent struggle)

Okay, where was I? Oh, yes. The screen. A screen made in heaven, to make good little boy and girl gamers scream in glee. A beautiful, clear, sharp screen that shows crisp, clear video...

(wipes drool off chin)

The games are well done as well. Personally, my latest addiction is Lumines, which is basically what you get when Rez and Tetris make sweet, sweet love. (What other puzzle game has a level theme based on the tileset from Dragon Warrior? What other puzzle game would dare?) The PSP incarnation of Ridge Racer is one of the best versions of the game to be made. Sony has thrown down the gauntlet to the Big N, and Iwata better realize that the PSP is not going anywhere.

As for multimedia...well, you start by going here, and then you begin filling your flash memory with delicious, delicious video. I transcoded Tyler's AMV to my PSP, and it played nicely. A copy of the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children trailer (the movie will, mind you, will be coming out on UMD) played cleanly on the little machine that could.

So, what are you folks waiting for...you need to get one of these machines!

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostSat Mar 26, 2005 12:07 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
As much as I acknowledge the kinkyness of the PSP, I'm not planning on getting one. I haven't even used my GBA-SP in about a year. Well, aside from some Four Swords and a smidge of Crystal Chronicles. But there hasn't been nearly as much Four Swords as there should have been . . .

Any way, the only games that I'm looking forward to right now are City of Heroes (Can't let myself get it until AFTER exams, or else I WILL fail my classes), the new Legend of Zelda, Wanda and the Colosses (Dont' know about it? Get Ico. Get a group of friends. Set aside 10 hours. Play through Ico in one sitting with your friends. Wanda and the Colosses is from the same people. It. Will. Be. Teh. Shit. Yes, 'teh'.) and Spore.

Spore will be amazing. The Sims is a shitty, shitty game. But Spore will be fantastical.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Mar 26, 2005 2:20 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
I will buy a PSP if the following conditions are met:

1: Pricedrop to $149
2: Someone figures out how to run homebrew software off a memory stick (Web browser, IM client, etc.)
3: Someone figures out how to get around the shitty "320x240 MPEG-4 Simple Profile only" memory stick video limitation (UMDs can playback 480x272 H.264 files. wtf).
4: Some company makes a weird strange "any memory card to Memory Stick converter" to allow me to use like, a CompactFlash card with the PSP.
PostSat Mar 26, 2005 3:59 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
If I had any use for a gadget like that, and if the price dropped, I'd consider it.
PostSat Mar 26, 2005 4:12 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd like one only if it ran an snes emula... wait a minute. Why would I want one? I have a laptop that can pla dvds, nes, sega, snes, n64, arcade roms, divx, vcd, svcd... just about anything i want it to. who'd be dumb enough to waste cash on a psp?
PostSat Mar 26, 2005 4:47 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Because it's smaller than a laptop.
PSP = great for DMV waiting and other useless idle time.
My GBA SP saved me from insanity while renewing my license.
PostSat Mar 26, 2005 8:06 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Same here. But until the price drops, I will take my laptop with me for all my gaming needs on the go.
PostSat Mar 26, 2005 8:50 pm
Alshoff

Post subject:
I wonder if Sony will release some of those perverted hentai games like they did for the original Playstation.
PostSat Mar 26, 2005 10:34 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I really don't care for the PSP at the moment... sure it looks cool. But thats about it. I really don't care if it can play movies or MP3s. The only thing I need a handheld for is games. And the only PSP game I am interested in at the moment is Metal Gear Acid, the rest are either gloried ports or sports games(expect a few games). And I refuse to even consider buying one until the price drops... 250$ for a starter kit that contains stuff I'll never use is just stupid.
PostSun Mar 27, 2005 4:18 pm
Gerbera345

Post subject:
I'd love to get one but I'm being ass-raped by 'The Man' currently so I'm going to have to wait a while.

I'm also going to wait a while for the price to go down. Eventually a non-value pack one will come out or some store with have a sale on the goobers and I'll get one.

I'm also wondering how long it will take till games like Xenosaga and such come out on the little guy.
PostWed Mar 30, 2005 6:46 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
I'm also wondering how long it will take till games like Xenosaga and such come out on the little guy

When I think about it. I find it odd that a Xenosaga game is coming to DS... but not the PSP. Atleast now anyway.
PostWed Mar 30, 2005 10:08 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: