нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Escaflowne?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Escaflowne?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Force-Attuned_Krogoth wrote:
Disney has a LOT of money to throw at anime. If it goes anywhere, it will do so through Studio Ghibli.

Actually Disney doesn't have alot of money to throw at anime but because of the nature of its company it has more revenue coming in from varius things to compinsate for it. What you're really seeing is the lack of money in other distributers n stuff. And as Nobu said, it will go back to Bandai; THEY will be the ones who decide where it goes next. Unfortunatly though, there might be an option written into the contract that allows the holder to renew the contract before the property goes to the public arena of airing rights purshasing.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue May 27, 2003 3:15 pm
blade-restored

Post subject:
Spook: Basically a way of saying, "If I can't have it, no one can," right?

Anyways, I wouldn't expect much. Escaflowne has been thoroughly FOXed, Slayers has been frozen for about two years now, what do you expect? Fox absolutely despises Cartoon Network for attracting a diverse audience to anime, for succeeding where they failed, IMO.
PostThu May 29, 2003 8:58 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
basicly disney doesnt have a place for escaflowne or slayers so they don't air it. it was fox kids who took it and ruined/hid it. They are just two of like 30+ shows Disney got int he deal. It would be bad business for Disney to release the series rights back; they don't know what the future holds they might decide to make an adult-based (aka late teens) animation block somewhere and those two would both fit in there nicely.

PostThu May 29, 2003 9:04 pm
JShaggy_v1

Post subject:
This is why you will never see an anime show of quality on ABC, ABC Family, or Disney. They just ruin the shows for everyone (even if it was FOX's fault).

Damn those people at Disney!
PostThu May 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
JShaggy_v1 wrote:
This is why you will never see an anime show of quality on ABC, ABC Family, or Disney. They just ruin the shows for everyone (even if it was FOX's fault).

....dude you said the wrong thing there. You're just pulling shit out of your ass. There was nothing disney did wrong and hell, they treat anime a hell of a lot better than most. Be fucking happy Disney is here, without it you wouldnt have your anime; not in the form it is today. You the good people at Disney alone when it comes to anything animated that has anything to do with them. They do some of the finest dubbing this side of the... well.... anywhere. I'll take a disney dub over anyone elses. Maybe we should tell Disney to stop bringing anime over, that they should actively go out and take away everyones copy of any anime Disney has touched in any way, shape or form. Go fucking on ahead, reply to this. Give me something else to get pissed off about... ignorant little shit.

PostFri May 30, 2003 12:00 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I knew Spook would go off. And he's right.
Don't hate the company, hate the people running it (into the ground).
JShaggy_v1 wrote:
This is why you will never see an anime show of quality on ABC, ABC Family, or Disney.

All I have for a counterpoint is, "Tokyo Pig is hilarious!"
Nabeshin Rules!
Very Happy
Sorry I can't be more eloquent...
PostFri May 30, 2003 12:30 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Disney did not ruin Escaflowne or Slayers. They bought Fox Kids, and both shows were owned by Fox Kids. And with Spook around, don't ever knock Disney for aynthing except those dumbass disposable DVDs that they're going to produce. Why shouldn't you? Because no only will Spook make you feel dumb about it, but he's also undeniably correct, and will prove such with countless examples. Disney has done more for you than you could imagine.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri May 30, 2003 7:55 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
All I can really say now is "I am the king" Very Happy

erally, if disney pulls a dumbass move I am right there with everyone calling them on it. Problem is that Disney has been around so long that people think they are all powerful and insuch make assloads of discissions around that idea. Well Disney's not and they know it. They just happen to be a big part on modern american history and one of the biggest players in animation history. Disney's animation has not only inspired almost every animation you have ever seen but it's inovation and imagiineering has caused huge advances in the technology and standards in many fields (mostly animation).

...wow, and all I wanted to respond with was the first line.

PostSat May 31, 2003 1:13 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
JShaggy_v1 wrote:

....dude you said the wrong thing there. You're just pulling shit out of your ass. There was nothing disney did wrong and hell, they treat anime a hell of a lot better than most. Be fucking happy Disney is here, without it you wouldnt have your anime; not in the form it is today. You the good people at Disney alone when it comes to anything animated that has anything to do with them. They do some of the finest dubbing this side of the... well.... anywhere. I'll take a disney dub over anyone elses. Maybe we should tell Disney to stop bringing anime over, that they should actively go out and take away everyones copy of any anime Disney has touched in any way, shape or form. Go fucking on ahead, reply to this. Give me something else to get pissed off about... ignorant little shit.

Don't get so aggressive, breathe spook, breathe.

Welcome to the board Shaggy.
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostSat May 31, 2003 6:05 am
blade-restored

Post subject:
I was actually talking about Fox Networks' attitude before Fox Kids was assimilated into Disney. They would mention ABC's block of Saturday morning programming, and CBS', and Disney's, but they wouldn't even mention CN in the same breath. =p
PostSat May 31, 2003 6:16 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Just an "In case you didn't know" type thing, Disney owns ABC. Of course, if you did already know that, sorry for the useless post.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat May 31, 2003 8:38 am
blade-restored

Post subject:
I know. =)
PostSat May 31, 2003 6:53 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
dillpops wrote:

1) You know, or should know, that bashing and hating something just to bash and hate it will set me off. Let alone if its an american animation company (especially disney, alot of otaku shit heads like to bash disney for no reason what so ever. example: see above shaggy post).

2) He's been around for a goodly while, just not a real poster.

3) It's not like I reserve those outbursts to newbies and you know it.

PostSat May 31, 2003 8:21 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
dillpops wrote:

1) You know, or should know, that bashing and hating something just to bash and hate it will set me off. Let alone if its an american animation company (especially disney, alot of otaku shit heads like to bash disney for no reason what so ever. example: see above shaggy post).

2) He's been around for a goodly while, just not a real poster.

3) It's not like I reserve those outbursts to newbies and you know it.

Hah! I know it but you have to learn to control your temper!
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostSun Jun 01, 2003 5:16 am
king

Post subject: spooky
spooky i'm the king Very Happy
PostSun Jun 01, 2003 11:00 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: