нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Old Toonami vs. New Toonami
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Old Toonami vs. New Toonami
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonic_Ghost

Post subject:
*plays the Toonami Black Hole Megamix*

Now that is what I call nostalgia. Cool
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 10:35 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
which would be more nostalgic, BHM, or DSB?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostMon Sep 19, 2005 12:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sonic_Ghost

Post subject:
I have yet to listen to DSB but I have to get that CD.

I've heard BHM first; I looove to sleep to that album every night.
PostMon Sep 19, 2005 3:11 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I like DSB better
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostTue Sep 20, 2005 10:57 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject:
I've never heard DSB. I have only heard BHM and instantly I became a fan. The music was incredible. I could listen to BHM all day...
PostMon Sep 26, 2005 10:36 am
cartman414

Post subject:
If there's one thing I liked about the old Toonami better, it's that it also aired on weekdays. They should bring it back, at say, 9-11 pm on Mon-Thurs. nights. Much better for longer than average series like many of the Gundams.

And no, this isn't one of those "Bring Gundam back" type posts. I just used it as an example of a 26+ ep. series.
PostThu Sep 29, 2005 2:00 am
Aioros_Gold_knight

Post subject:
i think that one of the good things was the time during the afternoon, it was something nice i could come home to after school. not only is 9-11 a shorter period of time, i believe it used to be 3 hrs, but that time slot would be a little wasted on some viewers.
PostThu Sep 29, 2005 6:45 pm
painkillerjan

Post subject:
love the new look but hate alot of the anime ther showing but for nurato,igpx
and i go with dsb.
PostWed Feb 08, 2006 2:51 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nuava

Post subject:
It's true that I loved old Toonami with Moltar, Johny, Voltron, and Snarf. But I love new toonami just as much if not more. Toonami has changed along with how the tastes of the viewers have changed, they really seem to understand what are the best shows to show at the right times, and the best way to show them. I hear alot about how some shows seem dated now and I think that's why Toonami has to change and evolve. As much as I like my old school, you never really learn anything new.
PostThu Jun 01, 2006 3:46 pm
haro

Post subject:
too be quite honest, i dont think the show has gotten any more or less mature. i would like it to slightly grow up a bit, but i have adult swim for that. my concern is that topics seem to be getting off the rails of the original toonami. i miss the giant robots of gundam and the brief time robotech was on...
btw, does anyone remember a toonami where there was no tom? i get this image of a villain from space ghost or someone looking like that running it for a bit of time. mind u this is right when toonami tho i dont remember that far back very well

edit, thats who it was, moltar. i need to learn to read lol
PostSat Jun 24, 2006 10:42 pm
painkillerjan

Post subject:
you mean when sara was hosting?
PostSun Jun 25, 2006 12:05 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
This thread is newbie glue. Which is fine if you get intelligent answers, which these last ones have been. But it amazes me its like watching your bug lights outside

(imagines new posted falling over the ground scorched)

See it works.

But yes it would be nice to see more robot shows. Zoids would be the right age group probaly. But let me remind you of a mix of robots and kids. D.I.C.E. And I can show you reasons why it can hurt people.
PostSun Jun 25, 2006 9:00 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DorothyCatalonia

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Quote:
I start this petition, with the classic Toonami of my elementary school days in mind.

So you want Toonami to air shows that appeal to elementary school kids?
We can do that. Cool
Well, let's see. Old Toonami = Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Gundam Wing, ect, ect... New Toonami = Pokemon, Pokemon, Naruto, some show that is appearently about racing giant robots...

You tell me which one sounds more elementary school grade to you.

And what is the new adult swim? Before it was Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, ect.. Now its like Robot Chicken, that show with the talking baby, and other American/Canadian programs representing the decay of North American culture.

I thought Toonami was supposed to be real, although mainstream, Japanese Anime? Not cheap, stuffed carnival animal Anime. Back-to-back Pokemon? -.- Common.[/i]
PostMon Jul 03, 2006 4:01 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Way to pull a joke post out of context there, Dotty. Wink

DorothyCatalonia wrote:
Well, let's see. Old Toonami = Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Gundam Wing, ect, ect... New Toonami = Pokemon, Pokemon, Naruto, some show that is appearently about racing giant robots...

You tell me which one sounds more elementary school grade to you.

Sounds about even.

Quote:
And what is the new adult swim? Before it was Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, ect.. Now its like Robot Chicken, that show with the talking baby, and other American/Canadian programs representing the decay of North American culture.

Yeah, it's really improved over the years, especially when they added Futurama. Although Venture Brothers is probably the best new show on the block. Smile

Quote:
I thought Toonami was supposed to be real, although mainstream, Japanese Anime? Not cheap, stuffed carnival animal Anime. Back-to-back Pokemon? -.- Common.

No, Toonami is about the best in action cartoons, which means I agree that Pokemon doesn't really fit on the block, but if Pokemon USA wants to give CN money to show it, they'd be fools to pass up a steady ratings-grabbing franchise for the Toyetic Hour.

And be assured that Pokemon is every bit a real anime, just like Sazae-San, Doraemon, Tama & Friends and Anpan-Man. Wink
PostMon Jul 03, 2006 7:25 pm
DorothyCatalonia

Post subject:
Yes, Dragon Ball Z may be very childish: but that isn't my point. Shows like Yugioh, Pokemon, and anything involving people controlling or training small animals or puppets to do magical attacks is directly targeted at an age 7-10 audiance.

Shows like Outlaw Star, Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, and Sailor Moon no longer air becuase the near-pre-teen audiance couldn't understand or relate to the concepts behind them. Cartoon Network is like the disney channel. Its for nothing more than babysitting the young, and immature.
PostMon Jul 03, 2006 8:51 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: