нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - OMG......
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
OMG......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject: OMG......
Unless you've been living under a rock today, you'd know that the Space Shuttle Columbia has just broken up on re-entry back to earth. This was the shuttle's 28th mission and is Nasa's oldest shuttle at 24 years. Seven crew members were lost including the first Israeli astronaut.
PostSat Feb 01, 2003 2:19 pm
HLB

Post subject:
I just found out a little earlier...omg...it's like the Challenger..isn't it? Sometimes history does repeat itself in the most horrible ways Sad
PostSat Feb 01, 2003 2:50 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hell yes history is repeating itself. Only 4 days after the 17th anniversary of Challenger this happens. Another sad day in America's history indeed.
PostSat Feb 01, 2003 3:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
Rargh. I just came for some comfort over from the SA boards. People there are so jaded they don't seem to take into account that people died.

I'm sad. I've had an interest in the space program since I was a little kid. Untill I discovered I had very little talent in the sciences (about 9th grade) I wanted to be an astronaut. -sigh-

Man, this just ruined my day.
PostSat Feb 01, 2003 4:06 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I heard this less than an hour after it happened. Scary more than anything. And it's on, like EVERY CHANNEL, CONSTANTLY. Giving info about a tragedy is all well and good, but getting SOAKED in it EVERY TIME something happens bothers the hell out of me. They just repeat the same 'facts' over and over and over . . .

But this was a really sucky thing ot happen.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Feb 01, 2003 6:16 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yes, it sucks, and I don't like the fact that the people died, but I think we've got a pretty good track record going. Since the 70s, there have been hundreds of shuttle missions, and all the shuttles are the same basic design, but very, very few fatal incidents (Have there been any other than the Big Two?). To have a space shuttle last for 24 years, and a large number (Zechs, I believe it was 28 missions since the last major overhaul/upgrade) of successful flights, ended by one tragedy is not cause for very much alarm. Inspection, yes, but panic, no. Fortunately, I don't think it will hurt the space program much. NASA recovered from the Challenger, and, for all that they are speaking too much, the media is giving the right idea. It's clear there was a problem, but it's being investigated and fixed, and life and exploration will go on.

VIVA LE US!
PostSat Feb 01, 2003 7:22 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
Out of all the peices of the shuttle they have shown on TV, not ONE of them had made a crator or hole/dent where it landed. Now they say they have found remains of a body? wtf? How can a body survive re-entry? Better yet, how can a skull, a torso and a leg land right next to each other.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostSat Feb 01, 2003 10:24 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't know how. I thought they would burn up in our smoggy atmosphere.

It's sad that the space program only gets media attention when something goes wrong.
PostSat Feb 01, 2003 11:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
sadly people don't realize there is so much left to space, and they have their noses stuck in their own and their neighbors business. Too busy to nitice i guess...
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSat Feb 01, 2003 11:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
there's no real rush to get into space I feel, I mean we haven't even explored our oceans entirely.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Feb 01, 2003 11:59 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: OMG......
Zechs wrote:
This was the shuttle's 28th mission and is Nasa's oldest shuttle at 24 years.

Well, THAT explains how the shuttle was destroyed. It was very old and was used an awful lot.

And yes, that's sad news about the astronauts. Sad Condolences to them and their friends and families.
PostSun Feb 02, 2003 12:08 am
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
there's no real rush to get into space I feel, I mean we haven't even explored our oceans entirely.

Well, there's a technical reason for that. In space, you'll never have a pressure differential of more than 1 bar, and you can use tensile strength to overcome it. Under (or rather, in) the sea, the differential gets greater the farther you go down (I believe it's 1 bar/10 m), and oxygen becomes more toxic, and you need more struts to keep from being collapsed. It's a big, fat, hairy deal.

Also, space tends to be a little larger, so we're not yet painting ourselves into a little corner of discovery. It's safer (for NASA) this way.
PostSun Feb 02, 2003 12:14 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: OMG......
Daikun wrote:
Zechs wrote:
This was the shuttle's 28th mission and is Nasa's oldest shuttle at 24 years.

Well, THAT explains how the shuttle was destroyed. It was very old and was used an awful lot.

And yes, that's sad news about the astronauts. Sad Condolences to them and their friends and families.

To an extent, but Nasa says that with the total rehauls and the massive upgrade that age was probably not a factor. Plus, even thought the columbia is the oldest shuttle the Discovery has been on many more missions.
PostSun Feb 02, 2003 1:28 pm
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
Ya know, I was actually thinking about this awhile back.

Should we establish a government agency for the exploration of the oceans?
PostSun Feb 02, 2003 1:30 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Not really. We have found the oceans.

This tragedy shows just how dangerous space travel is. We have a long way to go before conquering the final fronteir.
PostSun Feb 02, 2003 1:44 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: