нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
[rushed post...i'll spell/grammar check it later]

good to hear beat, and by the way, I hope you don't mind me borrowing a quote from you on toonzone...being a depressed mets fan, I need it...

[added long after i should care, for trufflers wondering about said quote: ""Inu-Yasha's been losing more than the New York Mets..."]

saturday night:

kenshin and shishio exchange dialogue about their ideals as kenshin slowly gets to his feet and recovers from, well, having a chunk of skin bitten off...talk remains cheap, and soon the swords clash once again...shishio manages to grab kenshin again, this time setting up his second technique, igniting the gunpowder in his gauntlets via his sword, causing an explosion that knocks kenshin down hard...

with the battosai out of the way, shishio prepares to move on, but saito blasts through out of nowhere, charging with his gatotsu and landing a direct blow on shishio's forehead...unfortunately for saito, after being shot in the head during the revolution, shishio maintains a metal protection around this area, leaving the wolf of mibu wide open...despite his leg wounds, saito continues to fight, but with his move already known, soon falls...

sano then takes charge, knowing he's basically got no shot...he continues with broken ribs, but a nasty punch to his forehead takes him down (what wasn't shown for obvious reasons was the sickening bloodspray coming out of his head as his lay against the wall)...with the three great fighters out, all seems lost until aoshi shows up and stares down shishio, which is where the credits roll and a lot of curse words were uttered, i'm sure...

there were quite a few things i honestly didn't expect to happen when i first saw this episode...i didn't think saito would actually land the blow to shishio's forehead, believing he would've moved out of the way or something else would've obstructed the strike...good to see the tie-in of shishio's past giving a valid reason for the headgear...

i also didn't have any idea aoshi would show up, as i had basically forgotten about him entirely...i figured kenshin would've gotten up after saito and sano bought some time, but this creates an interesting development since aoshi's obviously a capable fighter, but will he fight on kenshin's behalf?

next week's title (i forget the second part of it): Not Out Of Luck!

Last edited by JJc14 on Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total
PostSun Sep 21, 2003 9:42 am
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
The Kenshin Manga will be available from viz in either November or October and I think they are using the exact original covers from the original manga release in Japan and not just putting any random cover on. Isaw in the new Previews at my local comic shop the first two volumes, so this may mean two in one month. They look really nice
PostThu Sep 25, 2003 7:35 am
nightfall

Post subject:
AAAArgh! Isabel cut out our power until yesterday. Please, please, please post a detailed summary, someone! Please..... (body falls to floor, hand dragging across keyboard)

Also, a question concerning the DVDs. Are they unedited, but using the same voice cast? I would appreciate anyone who has bought them answering this question.
PostThu Sep 25, 2003 11:19 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
nightfall wrote:
Also, a question concerning the DVDs. Are they unedited, but using the same voice cast? I would appreciate anyone who has bought them answering this question.

Yes.
PostThu Sep 25, 2003 12:36 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc did a recap already.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Sep 25, 2003 2:44 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
CrimsonChristian wrote:
The Kenshin Manga will be available from viz in either November or October and I think they are using the exact original covers from the original manga release in Japan and not just putting any random cover on. Isaw in the new Previews at my local comic shop the first two volumes, so this may mean two in one month. They look really nice

YES!!!!

After all those months of getting my roomate to translate them... YES!
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostThu Sep 25, 2003 2:48 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
saturday night:

aoshi defends his current stance to fight shishio, as he is to replace kenshin's lost stamina from their fight prior...while it would be cool to see aoshi take him down, his name ain't in the series title, and shishio manages to remain the superior...aoshi is successful though in buying just enough time as kenshin slowly rises to his feet, goes super saiyan, and snaps...

er, wait...kenshin actually lets out his swordsman spirit, which takes the form of leaves in a blue aura, regaining his consciousness despite all his wounds...both him and shishio exchange blades once again, but kenshin pulls out all the stops, reversing shishio's gun-powder technique, unleashing a nasty five hit swordstrike combo, and following it up with the nine-point technique learned prior to the ultimate technique, sending shishio through a wall...

it is here that yumi and hoji reveal to us the meaning of the watch...since shishio's sweat glands are no longer operable, his normal body temperature is higher than that of a normal person...without proper regulation, he can only go about fifteen minutes before the temperature within him rises...yumi appears worried, but hoji remains confident in his dictator...

shishio doesn't take kindly to his current location in the wall and lets out his swordsman spirit, which takes the form of flames, and prepares his final technique to end things once and for all...we see a battered kenshin breathing heavy as both fighters go for one more exchange, which of course gets cut off by the credits...

this episode was intense, from aoshi calmly fighting the unbeatable shishio, to the exchanges of swordsmen spirit between the main protagonist and antagonist...i was rather hoping aoshi would've taken down hoji for all his "loser" remarks, but there's still time for someone to do the deed...

Next Episode (Saturday, 10/4): The Man Who Is Chosen For Victory: Shishio Vs. Kenshin, Finale
...and as karou always says during the previews, "You won't want to miss it!"
PostSun Sep 28, 2003 11:27 am
INixxI

Post subject:
Heh. I reeeely wanted Aoshi to win. He's by far my favorite character in the series, but ohwell. I'll just take pride in the fact that he made a much better showing against Shishio than Kenshin, Saito and Sano did in the previous episodes. I would have really enjoyed seeing Aoshi vs Shishio had Aoshi not just been thwacked by Kenshin's sucession technique a few eps ago.
PostSun Sep 28, 2003 2:37 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
INixxI wrote:
Heh. I reeeely wanted Aoshi to win. He's by far my favorite character in the series, but ohwell. I'll just take pride in the fact that he made a much better showing against Shishio than Kenshin, Saito and Sano did in the previous episodes. I would have really enjoyed seeing Aoshi vs Shishio had Aoshi not just been thwacked by Kenshin's sucession technique a few eps ago.

i'll agree with you, as aoshi is probably my favorite non-kenshin character in the series, but if he were to say, hurl a kodachi in hoji's general direction, he'd probably top my list...
PostSun Sep 28, 2003 2:49 pm
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
It brings up an interesting point because now Aoshi's heart is not enveloped by chaos, and he was injured and when you think about it, all the members of the kenshin gumi (group) are injured when they fight shishio.. I wonder how well or bad the fights would have gone if each man was un harmed, and each fought shishio one on one...I do not think Aoshi would win..unfortunately because if Kenshin beat him, well end of story..now I would speak about kenshin against shishio but I do not want to spoil anything..but I read something that the author said about the reason why hiko never fought everyone..because he would have beat them all..the point to having a perfect char, was not having him do much because he is too good for that..heh
PostTue Sep 30, 2003 2:57 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well that goes down sorta to a fundamental point of a lot of anime. A character only fights at his or her peak when they've just gotten they're ass kicked. It's alot like RPGs even at full health you cant take out the main boss without gaining exp from the previous fights.
PostTue Sep 30, 2003 7:35 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
saturday night:

kenshin and shishio charge amidst a very cool widescreen-formatted animation...shishio is able to parry the ultimate technique, but we learn that the attack is actually two parts, as shishio is paralyzed from the impact on the air particles around him, setting kenshin up to land the follow-up blow...

shishio lands hard, and while he's in obvious pain from the blow, reacts to it in a very different way...his body temperature continues creeping up, causing him to feel an alternate anguish, and this makes yumi run in, pleading to the battosai to show mercy...kenshin lets down his guard, and shishio takes advantage, thrusting his sword through yumi to cut kenshin in the stomach region...yumi dies smiling, knowing she's helped her man in the fight for japan...

it's a slow recovery for both heavily wounded fighters...shishio's increasing body temperature is now present in his blood forming around him in a gaseous form...kenshin's new wound temporarily knocks him out, but being once again reminded of just what he's fighting for, he gets back to his feet to fight...shishio appears to have the upper hand though, "breaking his limits" as hoji would put it, but then...

shishio's body temperature hits its peak, igniting the fats and body tissue and burning him alive...hoji is in a state of total disbelief, basically snapping and running off the battlefield, pushing the heavily wounded kenshin aside...saito, aoishi, and sano (holding kenshin), make their way to the exit to escape, but hoji's seen destroying the battleground area, believing that if everyone were to die, shishio would not have lost...

a huge explosion where the good guys stand leads us into the credits...

alright, lemme address the obvious edits...

- there was a lot of blood (both liquid and gaseous, smartass) that found its way into this episode, and i know i say that a lot, but it was blatently prevalent here...

- there's no way seeing the shot of shishio's blade through yumi was going to make it in any form, but i think one could tell what transpired through everyone's reactions...

those who want to hear a complaint from me may be satisifed in that my single issue was with how shishio died...no, i have nothing wrong with them keeping the "camera" off of his flaming corpse writing in pain, but what this led to was a shortening of his death scene, making it seem like an afterthought after this whole four/five episode battle...then again, outside of animation re-use, i don't know how they could've avoided it...

onto the episode itself, it was amazing how much they were able to stuff into just twenty-odd minutes...the animation, while looking good normally, took a significant jump in quality, and the use of widescreen in the beginning was amazing...there seemed to be an issue with the tape though, as a few scenes jumped (like shishio hitting the ground twice)...guess it was skipping a little or something over at cn...

of course, the good guys aren't completely out of danger yet, so the suspense branches over into next week...

Saturday, 10/11; 11PM: The Juppongatana Who Remain: A Choice For Life
PostSun Oct 05, 2003 10:22 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Must see this on ep on DVD... I also noticed how different his death was from what we were shown in Reflection(sp?)...well not much different just that Yumi didn't die(you see her with the other dude while shishio burst into flames, I would have liked to seen what she looked like in the OVA...).
Now I need to watch it again...

Also I forgot how much is the Rurouni Kenshin "Wandering Samurai" Boxset going to be? anyone have an idea? Damn thinking of how much I'll be spending in November makes my head hurt...
PostSun Oct 05, 2003 6:31 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
Also I forgot how much is the Rurouni Kenshin "Wandering Samurai" Boxset going to be? anyone have an idea? Damn thinking of how much I'll be spending in November makes my head hurt...

$140. Comes in a neat-looking bento box (also available separately).
PostSun Oct 05, 2003 6:40 pm
WooJae

Post subject: Humor check!
Let's roll for a humour check! Imagine that Jupongattana dancing to this tune:

http://display.lyrics.astraweb.com:2000/display.cgi?buster_poindexter%2E%2Eunknown%2E%2Ehot_hot_hot

heh...

FYI - I think the set was avail from DeepDiscountDvd for like a little over 80 or so...
PostTue Oct 07, 2003 10:53 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 25 of 29

Jump to: