нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - full metal alchemist im lost
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
full metal alchemist im lost
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitsuneKyuubi

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Rumiko Takahashi gets ideas sparingly. She creates a world and then beats the dead horse till she wears out her beating stick.

Inuyasha is still good actually. The Band of Seven is probably the most interesting cast of characters I've seen for a while.
I'm not saying I hate it completly, because Inuyasha was one of the first anime's I've seen. But I guess since all the old episode replay a lot, I get tired of it. But I still watch it.

She's always pissed.~Kitsune
PostThu Jul 28, 2005 10:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Banf of Seven IS an intriguring group of characters. But Inu Yasha has fallen into a pattern and lost its flair. It's now "Oh, the Monk can't use his uber Black Hole because of the poison insects, Naraku has outsmarted us AGAIN, Kikyo is here?!?!?! Inu Yasha can't beat them with the Iron Reverb Soul Stealer so he tries the Wind Scar oh wait they dodged that but now they blast him HAHA BACKLASH WAVE pwned."

So I've kinda lost interest. They stopped adding heroes a while back (the first episodes were the best, what with the team forming and the finding of hte sword and the learning how to use the sword.) Now it's just repetitive.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Jul 29, 2005 6:32 pm
chibi-alchemy-girl

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Rumiko Takahashi gets ideas sparingly. She creates a world and then beats the dead horse till she wears out her beating stick.

Inuyasha is still good actually. The Band of Seven is probably the most interesting cast of characters I've seen for a while.

agreed. the band of seven is probably the best thing to happen to it since it showed. honestly. they're awesome. bankotsu is my personal fav Wink
PostFri Jul 29, 2005 6:43 pm
Kasuga_Ayumu

Post subject:
So...first we're talking about Full Metal Alchemist and now we're talking about the Band of Seven from a total different anime? Confused

Anyway, Full Metal Alchemist is another great anime. Probably my number one favorite at the moment. I have only seen what has aired on TV so far. BUT, I do have the oppurtunity to see the end of the anime.

My mom was a huge fan of it and downloaded all the episodes and most of the manga way back when it first came out. She saved it all in a ZIP so I still have them around. I'm just to lazy to make time to watch them all.

I haven't seen any of the japanese version at all, only the english. It doesn't seem as bad as One Piece (I know, has nothing to do with this but still - It's by far the worst of all dubbings I've seen yet) & Inuyasha. Mom said the dubbing of FMA was horrible. I don't know.
PostTue Aug 02, 2005 1:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Granted, I've never heard the original Japanese version of FMA, but I think the English voice actors are doing a great job. They really seem to be able to make the characters come alive. Hmm...I guess this post was pretty useless(with it being redundant and all), wasn't it?
PostTue Aug 02, 2005 3:02 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
Kasuga_Ayumu wrote:
Mom said the dubbing of FMA was horrible. I don't know.

With all due apologies, please ask your mother where she gets her recreational drugs, as I would like some. FMA has one of the BEST dubs ever done. They really make the characters come alive. And I'm especially impressed with Al's VA, considering that he's about the same age as Al.

My major complaint with FMA right now? That we won't see Conqueror of Shambala for at least a year. No Fair. (pout)

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostTue Aug 02, 2005 4:08 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've seen the original Japanese (about th\e only one I have) and I know why your mother is saying that. The voices of the Homunculous are VERY different in English than they are in Japanese, and the same goes for some of the other main characters.

The voices in the english are not BAD. In fact, they're really good. It's just that if you're used to the Japanese, it's distracting.

So I understand why she says that.

At the same time, the english dub is really, really good.

Oh, and if you do break down and watch the remaining 20 episodes, I suggest you just stop at Episode 50. FMA gets better and better and better (it's damn near ADDICTING at some points) and then I was very dissapointed with the last episode. Granted, the execution of what happens is exquisite. Just the plot. Grr.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Aug 02, 2005 4:24 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
I've seen the original Japanese (about th\e only one I have) and I know why your mother is saying that. The voices of the Homunculous are VERY different in English than they are in Japanese, and the same goes for some of the other main characters.

That's probably because the concept of the Seven Deadly Sins is something that's a mainly Western phenomenon, so we sort of have preconceptions of how someone who embodies one of them should sound. Honestly, the English VA for Lust hits the character perfectly - she puts a deeply seductive tone into every bit of dialogue. And Gluttony's VA plays it right as well.

One thing that I've really liked about modern ADR directors is that they've become less concerned about how the original VA sounded, and more concerned about how the characters should sound, especially when you consider their background. One of the best examples of this is Read or Die, where the characters have the proper accents for their backgrounds.

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostTue Aug 02, 2005 4:33 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
Hmm...I just picked up the second FMA game, and I must say, the lines in this game are hilarious:

"If beating up psycho cultists is wrong, then I don't wanna be right!" - Ed

"If your security was as tight as your ass, we wouldn't have had to get involved!" - Ed to Roy.

But the best part (so far, anyways) is a little gag when you get up to the confrontation between Roy and is team vs. Scar. As you know, Hawkeye flat out tells Roy that he is useless in the rain (can't make sparks). Well, the next time when Roy speaks in the game, the name box, which should say "Mustang", instead says "Useless". Gotta love programmers with a sense of humor. (Edit - It gets better. In the next scene (where Ed decides to return to Resembool), after Ed is called a brat (by Havok), a shrimp (by Hughes), and useless (by Roy), his name gets switched to "Useless, Bratty Shrimp".)

PostWed Aug 03, 2005 3:03 pm
primalbliss

Post subject:
Is there a set date yet of when FMA will be showing new eps?
PostTue Sep 20, 2005 7:49 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
They started last Saturday.

JJc, I think you can start now... Wink
PostTue Sep 20, 2005 7:53 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
But these are still just the episodes leading up to 26 right?

Any news on the movie? And whether there will be a new season? I keep seeing references to episodes up to 42
PostTue Sep 20, 2005 9:07 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
But these are still just the episodes leading up to 26 right?

No, episode 26 premiered on Saturday.

Quote:
Any news on the movie? And whether there will be a new season? I keep seeing references to episodes up to 42

The movie's been out in Japanese theatres, no news yet of a US licensing deal for it.
And no new seasons, just 51 episodes and out.
PostTue Sep 20, 2005 10:46 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
JJc, I think you can start now...

Yea, I sorta forgot what it was I was going to comment on though...

...louzy short-term memory...
PostTue Sep 20, 2005 12:08 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
Thread, rise from your grave!

So, we're in the final section of the series, and we've been slammed with a tectonic shift in the plot. Al's the Philosopher's Stone, Ed's ready to start a one man war with the State, and Roy's done waiting - the coup is on. Oh, and let's not forget that Daddy's back.

So, how does everyone else feel about where the series is?

PostSun Jan 22, 2006 9:18 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: