нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - I just finished Fullmetal Alchemist . . .(spoiler thread)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
I just finished Fullmetal Alchemist . . .(spoiler thread)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject: I just finished Fullmetal Alchemist . . .(spoiler thread)
First, let me say that to those that have only seen what Cartoon Network has aired (I'm guessing you're around episode . . . 15ish?), the show will get so, SO much more awesome REAL SOON. Eps 17-25 are killers, and the ending of each will make you want to tear your hair out in anticipation for the next.

And then eps 40 or so through 50 are at least twice as tense and awesome.

However, . . . well, SPOILERS!!! Don't read on if you don't want the plot spoiled.

Got it? SPOILERS AHEAD. I REALLY DON"T WANT TO RUIN IT FOR YOU. Seriously, if you haven't seen the serious already, leave this thread until you have.

Are you gone yet?

No?

LEAVE.

Good.

Now then:

WTF?

That was not a satisfying ending. Ep 51 left me going "GAH! WHAT THE HELL!?!?!" Al is back, but the answer to the question of whether or not his soul was actaully attatched to the armor is sort of left open, since young Al has no memories from the 4 years they were searching for the Stone and such. I mean, it makes PERFECT sense that his body didn't age, but the fact that he has no new memories makes me skeptical as to whether or not his soul was really attatched to the armor.

I do think it's cool knowing what people would sacrifice for making a homunculis. It seems that Al would give himself (as is evident from when they bring his mother back, and from when he fully heals Ed) Ed would give a limb, their Sensei would give her ability to have future children in exchange for the current one that was lost. Scar's brother, as near as I can tell, lost his, um, manhood. However, what did Dante and Ed's father lose?

Or. for that matter, who made Gluttony, and why was Pride made? Envy was Ed's stepbrother, Wrath is Sensei's child, Lust is Scar's brother's love, Greed is, I think, one of Dante's past loves, and Sloth is, of course, Ed's mom. But Gluttony and Pride seem so random. And Gluttony doesn't seem like anything that anyone would bring back . . . *shrug*

Oh, and who died, Gluttony, or Dante? I doubt both . . .

But aside from these questions, why the hell is Ed on Earth? That's just stupid. They made a mistake, and put 4 years of work into fixing it, why can't he be with his brother? One of the main points of the show is the bond between he and his brother, and now they are separated until they can find a way to change that.

It makes me feel so not-satisfied. Pissed even.

In Cowboy Bebop, for comparison, Spike dies in the last episode. And as much as it sucked, it was such a fitting end. He went out in a blaze of glory, took down the whole freakin syndicate, and then finally killed Vicious. It was badass as all hell and is my most, and least, favorite episode of the series. But at least it made sense that he die.

I don't think it makes sense that Ed not be with Al after all that.

Stupid creators of FMA.

Grr.

[/rant]

Sorry, but I needed to expel that. I know I sounded like such a fanboy, but damnit, that show had me addicted, and then it leaves me unsatisfied. What bitches . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Feb 09, 2005 9:58 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
(whistling, pointing to the upcoming FMA movie that takes place 2 years after the series...)

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostWed Feb 09, 2005 10:10 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, damnit, I don't know about these things . . . anyone have any info about said upcoming movie? All I can find on it are dumb forums and japanese sites which I can't read with trailors that won't play. According to one AngelHedgie, the movie takes place two years after the series, yet I see pictures of Ed with a transmuted arm-blade-thing that's his signiture weapon as an alchemist.

Which makes me say "DAMNIT WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!"

Oh, and is the movie from the same creative minds as the show?

PostThu Feb 10, 2005 12:23 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Oh, and is the movie from the same creative minds as the show?

Same director, at least.
PostThu Feb 10, 2005 12:36 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
By splitting Ed and Al up, there's room for the previously mentioned movie, as well as sequels. The manga's still running, and even though the anime took a turn from the manga a long time ago, it still could be possible to adapt aspects from that storyline into a new series.

It's all about marketing- if it makes money, they'll do it.

Example- "Fullmetal Alchemist- the flame thrower!" *FLAMING BLAST OF FIRE* "The kids love that one"
PostThu Feb 10, 2005 10:07 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh, don't get me wrong, I WANT something after the series to take place. I want Ed and Al back together. But the screen shots I saw from the movie involve Al as the Armor. And that means that, assuming it is 2 years later, it isn't the same timeline, and thus NOT what I want.

PostThu Feb 10, 2005 8:04 pm
liberator

Post subject:
Well, since I haven't seen it and thus have little room to comment, I will say this, if Al is restored and it turns out that he wasn't in the Armor. Who was in the armor and wouldn't it make sense that they would still be in it if it wasn't Alphonse.
PostFri Feb 11, 2005 4:17 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
The question arises in the series: is Al's soul in the armor? Or did Ed, in his desperation, make a sort of replica of Al out of Ed's own memories? Trust me, watch the series all the way through, and then you'll understand my issue.

PostFri Feb 11, 2005 6:26 pm
liberator

Post subject:
The question is still valid though, if it wasn't Alphonse in the Armor, who was it and where did they come from? Perhaps I'm reading alot into the Alchemy, but it seems like to me that there is a large part of what they're doing that isn't explained through them doing calculations, if you transmute lead into gold(as has been done several times already)there is going to be loss of volume because gold has a more dense molecular structure, never mind where the energy to perform the transmutation is coming from. Armor Al could be a being from whereever the energy comes from that saw the coming of the Homunculi and came to help Ed and save Alphonse.
PostSat Feb 12, 2005 3:18 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
The energy is explained later. So I won't spoil that. However, it isn't "If Al isn't in the armor, then who is", it's "If Al isn't in the armor, than is it just a fake? A facsimile of Al created from Ed's memeories?"

The question is, is it Al's soul, or just a crude copy made out of Ed's desperation.

Either way, it acts and thinks like Al.

My own hypothesis is that one needs a soul in order to perform transmutations. However, that's never directly stated, and the aforementioned loss of memory causes me to question my hypothesis.

Damn you Full Metal Alchemist . . .

PostSat Feb 12, 2005 2:50 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok CP I just finished it as well. And really im wandering how CN will show all of it. It gets hyperviolent and really even beyond the limitations of late night cable for CN. This isnt trigun.

My guess is someone watched the first 15 episodes and said "This is a good series for us". Without watching the series run through. Im guessing around 20-25 they will start to rerun one through again.

Someone in the forums said
"God hates the elric brothers"
Let me expand that to "God hates kids". Pretty much all children in this story are just plain fucked. No other nice way to put it. I was so afraid they were goign to kill Rose's baby. And i'll bet in a version of the script they did for effect. But it was probaly though to be to harsh.

Then there was this need of the series to get you to like someone then kill them off. Killing Hughes came as a huge suprise. I wasnt prepared for it and I never much liked it even though it was needed for the storyline. But to build him up with a family and the way he felt about his daughter. It was just cold to do that.

Yes that was Al's soul in the armor. The other guy was trying to make Al doubt himself. There were times in the series when Al would remember something that Ed didnt. Which means it couldnt have been all implanted thoughts.

So much to go over. So much to say. But my wife who has only watched a few of these animes with me. Started to watch FMA in the first 2 weeks of its run. THen started to read the subtitles of the other episodes over my shoulder. It will break her heart to tell her what happened. Although the thought of a movie follow up helps. Don't make me go through that kind of heartache and then not let them win. Those two earned a happy ending.
PostFri Mar 04, 2005 1:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I still wonder about the movie. I mean the trailers make it seem like it takes place before the end of the series. But the Press Release says it is 2 years after...
PostFri Mar 04, 2005 4:56 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
I still wonder about the movie. I mean the trailers make it seem like it takes place before the end of the series. But the Press Release says it is 2 years after...

Right. This has been my question all along.

I'm hoping they show the first part of the movie from before the end of the TV timeline, thus implanting a character, and then fastforward and have everything work out the way it should.

BY THE WAY! This occured to me. The only people that could clap their hands and trasnmute are people that have seen the gate due to a failed human transmutation, right? Well, the fake elder Elric brother (the guy that was working with plants and the red stones around episodes 12-13) can clap his hands. But he didn't loose anything, did he? And the only one he could have trasnmuted was Gluttony, which would explain where HE came from, sort of . . . .

GAH! Someone help me with that.

PostFri Mar 04, 2005 5:38 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
BY THE WAY! This occured to me. The only people that could clap their hands and trasnmute are people that have seen the gate due to a failed human transmutation, right? Well, the fake elder Elric brother (the guy that was working with plants and the red stones around episodes 12-13) can clap his hands. But he didn't loose anything, did he? And the only one he could have trasnmuted was Gluttony, which would explain where HE came from, sort of . . . .

Yeah, the only people able to preform a clap transmutation are those who have seen the gate. Also I believe the fake Elric brother had the red stone.
PostFri Mar 04, 2005 5:55 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah he had the fake stones. In the final two episodes you see his transmutation circle on the wall.

Anyone else think the bookworm looked an acted an awful lot like Read or Die's main character?
PostFri Mar 04, 2005 6:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: