нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Game Discussion: Katawa Shoujo
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Game Discussion: Katawa Shoujo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject: Game Discussion: Katawa Shoujo
More adult Toonami, more adult conversations. Knowing you guys, if you haven't played this, you've at least heard of it. Shortly after it came out I decided to try it. I figured since 4chan made it, it would be good for some cheap laughs. But was I wrong. Sure, it has its moments but I really, really enjoyed this game. For something from the chans, this game really gave every character the respect they deserved. Really made them seem human and it was really interesting to read how they dealt with issues. I don't want to give anything away but if you do play it, go for Lily. That was my favorite story arc.

So how bout you guys? Anyone else try this title out?
PostSun Jun 10, 2012 9:04 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
The only route I have not completed at least once is Shizune's.

That said:

PostMon Jun 11, 2012 3:22 am
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
See, I liked Hanako's route as well, but I really didn't like the... romance scene. Didn't exactly jive with that one. From what I understand, the author of that arc actually released an extended ending on his website.
PostMon Jun 11, 2012 12:43 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
gfpaperboy22 wrote:
See, I liked Hanako's route as well, but I really didn't like the... romance scene. Didn't exactly jive with that one.

I can dig it.
I just like her (not that I dislike any of the characters). Wink
PostTue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 am
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Yeah, Hanako was one of the more interesting girls. Her history is probably the most messed up but I liked how your character got to know her. The only story I was actually disappointed in was Rin's. That was more of a downer than any of the others.

But I loved the other stories. Shizune's story was pretty cool once you could understand her. Found myself missing the translation during other Arcs. Emi was alot of fun and Lily was fantastic. Both of the latter suffer from a healthy sex drive.
PostTue Jun 12, 2012 10:54 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I actually started playing this with my fiancee a while back, just to show her what Dōjin games were like. Haven't had time to go back and complete any of the arcs yet. It's be a great way to kill time if I could play it at work.
PostTue Jun 12, 2012 11:40 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've reached a stalemate with whether or not to play it...

All the positive word-of-mouth concerning the characters has me intrigued, especially considering I've spent nearly 20 years playing RPGs because I like deep, developed characters. Text-heavy games are obviously not an issue...

That said, I've always been put off by the "harem" visual novel subgenre. Not trying to offend anyone, it's just not my thing at all...

Still, as a gamer I find the development of Katawa Shoujo fascinating, and I hope it inspires similar projects that emphasize fun over profit...
PostFri Jun 15, 2012 4:19 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
I've reached a stalemate with whether or not to play it...

All the positive word-of-mouth concerning the characters has me intrigued, especially considering I've spent nearly 20 years playing RPGs because I like deep, developed characters. Text-heavy games are obviously not an issue...

That said, I've always been put off by the "harem" visual novel subgenre. Not trying to offend anyone, it's just not my thing at all...

Still, as a gamer I find the development of Katawa Shoujo fascinating, and I hope it inspires similar projects that emphasize fun over profit...

Even though you have a choice of five girls, you rarely have the harem situation come up. Once you make it past the first act, your path is pretty much set.
PostFri Jun 15, 2012 4:46 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:

PostThu Feb 14, 2013 4:52 am
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
The only visual novel I've ever completed. Its a shame so many people will never bother to give it a try.
PostWed Jun 12, 2013 10:15 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:

PostThu Dec 25, 2014 7:16 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: