нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Zoids Fuzors?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Zoids Fuzors?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobu,

Just by luck netflix shipped me DBZ:Brolly today. And damn if i couldnt think of the "dont some of you watch for action". Its 60 minutes long. 50 minutes of are battles. And im smiling from ear to ear. One hour of fights, thingings going boom, and super sayins.

GG,

I prefer zero as well. Again its just one of those shows i watch for the action. They showed you the size of the zoids pretty accuratly. Again my forgetting names is going to make me nuts. The owner of the blitz team. Mr/Dr Whatshisface. Well as a parents my kids watch Maisy and hes one of the voices. And it just makes me laugh.
PostWed Aug 27, 2003 6:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Wait, not only is it coming out here, it's coming out in a few months? Cool. And I have a Gamecube. I'm loyal to Nintendo.

That Zoids game is coming here?? I didn't know that. Glad I have a cube now. I've heard the game it pretty good. I myself liked Zoid:CC. For some Reason Zero reminded me of Pokemon...And I'm a bit pissed that the DVD's don't have the Japanese track. I wanted to here the end of ep 26 that was edirted out for some unknown reason.
PostWed Aug 27, 2003 8:51 pm
GashouseGorilla

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:

GG,

I prefer zero as well. Again its just one of those shows i watch for the action. They showed you the size of the zoids pretty accuratly. Again my forgetting names is going to make me nuts. The owner of the blitz team. Mr/Dr Whatshisface. Well as a parents my kids watch Maisy and hes one of the voices. And it just makes me laugh.

Yeah, I'm all about watchin for the action and the humor. I did like how the Zoids were shown in Zero as well. The movements seemed more fluid. When Liger would remove/add different armors, I always thought it was amazing how much detail was included. And I think its Dr. Tauros.

A GREAT SHOW!!!
PostWed Sep 03, 2003 9:26 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cribbed directly from Toon Zone's forums:

"Been to Hasbro's official Zoids website lately? If not, you'll find that they've posted a short paragraph describing Fuzors' plot. And, despite what people wanted to assume from a single word in an English translation of a Japanese website's report on an article in a Japanese magazine, the series does not appear to be a direct continuation of Zero.

Here's the plot:

Quote:
There’s something new about this year’s ZOIDS battles… it seems that many ZOIDS can “fuse” together for enhanced power and speed. Can RD and his Mach Storm Team successfully compete against these new ZOIDS FUZORS? Will they unlock the secrets to fusing for their ZOIDS before it’s too late? There's also a new organization lurking in the shadows of Blue City… can RD win battles against the powerful enemy ZOIDS AND prevent this dark scheme? Stay Tuned!

PostThu Sep 11, 2003 10:02 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
The fact that the Zoids can fuse is what I would consider more of a mechanical detail instead of, as the TZ Forums say it, "plot."

Fusing together or not, it's still about the tournaments, except the Zoids are just more powerful and that's it. Rolling Eyes
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 1:40 am
GashouseGorilla

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
the series does not appear to be a direct continuation of Zero.

OH GODDAMNIT.
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 10:21 am
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
The fact that the Zoids can fuse is what I would consider more of a mechanical detail instead of, as the TZ Forums say it, "plot."

Fusing together or not, it's still about the tournaments, except the Zoids are just more powerful and that's it. Rolling Eyes

Noted and seconded.
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 2:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
They already have commercials for the toys. I've seen them multiple times. And one of them is a Liger Zero, like Bit's. So I think, that if you're a fan of Zoids:Zero, this show has potential. Of course, they could Aramada is like Transformers . . . meh. We'll wait and see.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 5:55 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Of course, they could Aramada is like Transformers . . .

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I think that Zoids fusing with other Zoids will be like the Transformers/Decepticons fusing with the Minicons.
PostFri Sep 12, 2003 10:56 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Well I don't know how bad you can "Armada" Zero seeing as how Zero and Armada are neck in neck for craptasticity.
PostSat Sep 13, 2003 2:11 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nope, big difference. In Zoids, the zoids would actually take on damage. In armada, it seems as though nothing ever looks as if it gets hurt. Taht is a HUGE difference any way you slice it. Plus, as far as cel shading goes, in Zoids, it was very smooth and fluid, and I couldn't picture the zoids any other way. It really was good quality cel shading.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Sep 13, 2003 9:24 am
Grey_Wolf

Post subject:
Yeah there is a big difference in Damage between Armada and Zoids. In Zoids you can clearly see when a zoids body part is removed or damaged. If you see the Final Ep of NCO you see the Shadow Fox's legs being blown clearly off. Other times wiring is shot or wings are torn off. While in Armada, all "Damage" amounts to some dirt or black lines around the armor. i wanna see body parts fall off damit. Twisted Evil
PostSat Sep 13, 2003 10:52 am
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
Well, now that the show has premeired, any thoughts?

Personally, I thought it needs more time to develop before I make any permanent decisions.
PostSat Oct 04, 2003 7:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hongkongfuui2

Post subject: So far so good...
I've been a Zoids fan since its debut on Cartoon Network a few years ago. Whether it was Zoids/Zero or Chaotic Century/Guardian Force, I've loved the show. Most of everyone dislike Zoids/Zero because of a "lack of plot" but I don't see that at all. I can't explain it, but I like the show. I prefer Chaotic Century/Guardian Force however because it's true that this predecessor contained better character development and real kickass battles at times, with dramatic situations that you couldn't wait the next morning at 6am to watch, and then the non-showing last 4 episodes which didn't air until 2 years later, I was still a fan. Thing is, you'd probably get the same result from Zoids/Zero if you give them the same amount of episodes as CC/GF did; 26 episodes is really just supposed to be the amount to lay the foundation and bring in the first story arc etc.

As for Zoids: Fuzors, I think it's a great show. So far you can tell that tehy're hinting at a little bit of character development. I like the fact that they showed the world outside of the Zoids battle universe, what's going on while Zoids battled. I always did wonder that when Zoids/Zero aired. The animation is much more fluid and I really like it, but hopefully they get in that "one song"; there was the "one song" in CC/GF, and the "one song" from Zoids/Zero, you know, whenever a heated battle came up? I always love dit when the songs kicked in. Unfortunately none of that appeared in the first episode of Fuzors, but maybe in the following episodes. Also, I think they only fired Laser oriented weapons, because I really didn't hear any of the good sound effects found in the explosions and ammo-consumption we heard in CC/GF/Zero. Overall, I think this show has potential to at least reach higher expectations than most everyone who watched Zoids/Zero had.

I also love how they connect the models created a couple years ago into the show. All these new Zoids created (in the Zoids Web Comic and the Zoids Models in Japan) and finally they intertwine them with an anime show.

P.S. I'm new here, because I wanted to talk with other Zoids Fans. Not reall ymuch Zoids fan sites out there that are alive anymore. And as for the damages, you know they still got that in the show!
PostSat Oct 04, 2003 8:04 pm
Grey_Wolf

Post subject:
Wait you cant find Zoid sites that are active anymore. Please, there are several sites out there that are very active. Just email me and I'll give you a few. But as for the show here are my thoughts as an obsesed fan.

Animation- pretty fluid but the CGI zoids are going to get some getting used too. The thing that made the other season so great it that the Zoids and 2d animation fit almost semelessly. But hey, the cell shading is pretty cool. Plus the Zoids seem more mechanical now instead of their animal counterparts. Just notice the way they run.

Plot- Considering only one ep has passed, I cant really say what plot this show may have. But the peices of plot that did arize are pretty intersting. The police force, the connection between the LZ pilot and BF, the group that the BF pilot belongs too and some others. Only time will tell but it has alot of potential.

Characters- some diversity for a change. You have the pilot with something to prove, those that are good but only when it interest them, the Texan with a Zoid so massive it could swallow LZ in one bite, a fine choice for a Texan. Smile But the voices are kind off annoying but you get used to it. but overalll, enough characters were introduced to give the show alot of diversity.

Overall Impression- Pretty good. A fine first ep. Only time will tell though if fans approve it or not. The one thing I do like is though that are introducing alot of new Zoids, plus the fact that the LZ and BF are no longer gods. that's one thing that pissed me off about NCO.
PostSun Oct 05, 2003 12:12 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: