нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - No more SD Gundam
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
No more SD Gundam
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonA

Post subject: No more SD Gundam
Has anyone read the article up saying the January schedule? SD Gundam will STILL be on at 5 every weekday. Why can't they just take it off? That way, there will some room for something GOOD.
PostThu Dec 04, 2003 7:34 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
There's nothing wrong with SD Gundam. It's attracting the audience CN wants, so they'll keep it on the block.

If you're not in Toonami's target audience, then watch a different block like Adult Swim.
PostThu Dec 04, 2003 8:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I like Toonami, but it seems overly cartoonish on Toonami. Maybe before or after Toonami would be better.
PostThu Dec 04, 2003 8:33 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i've only seen the first few episodes, but it seems harmless enough to me...besides, it's been giving the block big ratings, and you know anything that gives ratings will stay for quite some time, especially in this post-dbz era...

thinking back a bit, the first show on the block has typically been more kid-friendly...hamtaro, anyone?
PostThu Dec 04, 2003 8:52 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
If they want good ratings they need to get new stuff every once in a while. As I write this, Im watching episode 4 of Samurai X "The Cross Shaped Scar" on "In Demand" Digital Cable from The AnimeNetwork. If Cartoon Network could get the rights to that they could get some nice ratings, it's only a little bloodier than Blue Gender so it seems that it could be shown with only a little editing.
Yeah I know there is a Kenshin Topic but this one is about ratings.

OMG, Kenshin's girl friend jumped in his way as he was putting the finishing blow on this guy, she and the badguy got sliced up. She put a cut on his cheek to cross the one he got when he killed her fiance, who was being a bodyguard to impress her.

Man, I miss the crazy eyeballs and streching faces.
PostThu Dec 04, 2003 10:11 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Toonami is no longer an all ages block. It's planting it's foot firmly in Nick territory with shows like SD Gundam. So all the good stuff goes to Adult Swim and gets edited less. Is that a problem? Rolling Eyes
PostFri Dec 05, 2003 11:40 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
that foot isn't planted that firmly. Justice League especially deals with some fairly adult deals, it's just that now with both SVES and Adult Swim they actually have places for each age groups shows. I kinda look at the targets like this.

Toonami: ages 8-18 (with an edge towards 10)
SVES: ages 11-35 (with an edge towards 20)
Adult Swim: ages 15-35+ (with an edge towards 20+)
PostFri Dec 05, 2003 1:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Kalma wrote:
If they want good ratings they need to get new stuff every once in a while. As I write this, Im watching episode 4 of Samurai X "The Cross Shaped Scar" on "In Demand" Digital Cable from The AnimeNetwork. If Cartoon Network could get the rights to that they could get some nice ratings, it's only a little bloodier than Blue Gender so it seems that it could be shown with only a little editing.
Yeah I know there is a Kenshin Topic but this one is about ratings.

OMG, Kenshin's girl friend jumped in his way as he was putting the finishing blow on this guy, she and the badguy got sliced up. She put a cut on his cheek to cross the one he got when he killed her fiance, who was being a bodyguard to impress her.

Man, I miss the crazy eyeballs and streching faces.

1. Not everyone here's seen the Samurai X (aka: Rurouni Kenshin OVA: Memories), so giving away the ending isn't really the brightest idea you had... next time you do something like that, I suggest putting up a "SPOILER" warning or something...

2. The Kenshin OVAs are too much for Cartoon Network. Yeah, it's sad to admit it, but the OVAs are just too good for the likes of Cartoon Network. The reason is that CN tends to try and keep their shows down to a TV-14 level rating, and the Kenshin OVAs (especially Samurai X) is just too violent to get that kind of rating, so unless CN changest their tactics and decides to go ahead and start playing TV-MA stuff (which one would assume would be happening anyway in their Adult Swim showcase), it's doubtful...

...then again, Reign is pretty damn bloody too, so who knows...

...plus there's the fact that ADV owns the rights to Samurai X (not the TV series though... that's distributed by Media Blasters), and they're usually sticklers for keeping their stuff as pristine and unedited as possible (one of the reasons they've only shown two episodes of Evangelion ONCE on Cartoon Network... and ADV fought to keep it as unedited as possible (which didn't really happen, unfortunately))...

One more thing: There's another Kenshin OVA, Samurai X: Reflections (originally called Rurouni Kenshin OVA Series: Reflections), which takes place after the TV series (while the first OVA serie took place before)... Actually, I believe ADV markets Reflections as Volume 4 of the Samurai X series (Volumes 1 and 2 being "Trust" and "Betrayal", and Volume 3 being the Movie), but I don't want to confuse you any more than you probably already are...

Twisted Evil

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostFri Dec 05, 2003 2:51 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Im sorry, I didnt know that was the ending, the way "In Demand" works is they rotate in new stuff every month or so I think and I just watched episode 3 and 4 because thats what they had. Now I realize it is as short as FLCL.
PostFri Dec 05, 2003 3:23 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:

...plus there's the fact that ADV owns the rights to Samurai X (not the TV series though... that's distributed by Media Blasters), and they're usually sticklers for keeping their stuff as pristine and unedited as possible (one of the reasons they've only shown two episodes of Evangelion ONCE on Cartoon Network... and ADV fought to keep it as unedited as possible (which didn't really happen, unfortunately))...

ADV actually discussed that, the reason they let CN air the eps cut was that they have teh Anime Channel to air them uncut on. They decided, what the hell, and let CN do their cuts. All ADV wanted was for it to be uncut somewhere-- they fixed that problem on their own.
PostSat Dec 06, 2003 12:20 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kenshin2003

Post subject:
I heard rumors that they're making a second season of SD Gundam! Crying or Very sad Well, the las episode of season 1 seaves the series wide open for season 2.
Well, with the departure of DBZ Toonami became less interesting. When Toonami was showing Hamtaro, DB and DBZ kept it mostly as an action show. But now in the post DBZ era, and with DBGT being shown once a week, it's very hard to add the same seriousness to the show.
PostSun Dec 14, 2003 4:33 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know I've heard this here before but, "Silly otaku, Toonami's for kids."

As long as it gets ratings, I'm fine; besides I like SVES and AS much better.
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 12:44 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Toonami is for kids. Adult Swim isn't. Therefore, it's easier to head for Adult Swim.
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 3:38 pm
kennyisback

Post subject:
I'm not sure if it's true but, i heard that another reason Toonami keeps playing SD Gundam is because they had a deal w/ the company's makers or somethin'....

I HATE SD GUNDAM!!! I liked the FIRST 4 episodes but then i started to hate it and now that they replayed season 1 about 4 fricken' times already i'm getting annoyed!

Put Rurouni Kenshin back on!

Who cares if it's atracting more older audiences!

If it gets good ratings leave the show on! You won't see AS take of Family Guy or Futurama or Inu-yash or somethin' like that if (i said if...) more kids were watching it! Evil or Very Mad
PostWed Dec 17, 2003 6:38 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Is anyone strapping you people to a chair, prying your eyes open with toothpicks, and forceing you to watch the horror that is SD Gundam?

If the answer is yes, then stop reading my post.

If the answer is no, then you are normal, and may continue to read my post.

I feel I am obliged to bring up the Hamtaro arguement of yore. And that is this: If you don't like it, don't watch it. No one is forcing you to. So stop complaining, wait for it to cycle out (as does every show on Toonami, eventually (if DBZ cycles out, then obviously, EVERYTHING eventually cycles out)) because, quite frankly, I'm sick of hearing complaints. Shut your pie holes, go watch Comedy Central for half an hour (they play SNL, which has a sex joke every other second. Adult enough for you?) and hten tune in for Justice League.

Seriously, complaints are useless.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Dec 17, 2003 8:43 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: