нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
It hurts ....really hurts watching CN's dubbed version of kenshin, at least the DVD version was decent...I mean its not that bad, but it just doesn't sound and feel right.
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 6:46 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well I can't complain. I don't have the money to buy all those DVDs...And I only have a few Chapter of the manga I found online.
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 6:54 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
If I ever get the DVDs (which won't be for a long time) I think I'll stay away from the subbed version just so I won't end up like some of you people.
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 7:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm not that bad...I just like hearing Kenshin go "oro"
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 7:21 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
so now i'm hearing that adv plans to release a "director's cut" of the first ova, with what i'm assuming to be "trust" and "betrayal" on one dvd...can anyone tell me what they plan to change/add from the original release and if it's worth buying if you already have the seperate dvd's?

---
monday night:

ah, i think this little story arc is my favorite of the first chunk of the series...

jinnai (god i suck with spelling), a manslayer in the past, continues to kill imperialists for the pure joy of slaying...kenshin and sanoske meet up with him during one of his planned assassinations and it appears that jinnai has the upper hand on our wandering swordsman...determined to end the killings, kenshin seperates himself from everyone in hopes of finding a way to defeat him...

of course, this doesn't settle well with karou, who tracks him down and does her best to convince him to return...this touching moment is shattered, however, when jinnai shows up and abducts her, leaving kenshin shocked and angered...

a couple of interesting notes here:

- somehow, sanoske's "damnit!" after jinnai disappeared was left in, which i thought was kinda cool because i doubt "darnit!" would have the same effect...

- karou's voice when sneaking up on kenshin had me rolling...somehow her voice just matched the animation perfectly, and although the bloodspray on kenshin's thumb when his sword slipped back in was removed, the scene still played out well...

i encourage anyone who's doubting this series and whether or not to continue watching it, as well as those watching it from time to time to at least see tomorrow's episode, as it's one of my personal favorites and a stark contrast to what's been shown thus far...this'll help flesh out the "other" side of this great series, and provide you with an idea of what's to come when the kyoto arc rolls around...
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 8:34 pm
endy

Post subject:
Are you insane? Inu's dub is horrible. Ugh, *shudders at english Inu and Kagome voice*

Anyway, it's not the fact that I can't stand dubs, msot dubs I can tolerate.. but I definetly prefer subs anyday.. there are exceptions, like Cowboy Bebop, which I prefer to watch dubbed.

Anyways... I don't understand why you said "And it doesn't cost me a cent" counterparadox.. Are you implying it takes money to see a subbed version? Well, if thats the case..there is a the wonderful world of fansubs ^_^.

And pelase, don't be so ignorant to think that subs warp your mind and turn you into some otaku that dispises dubs.

Oh and another thing.. an Otaku is an anime geek.. a total dork.. it's an insult, Otakus are like those comic books nerds that have pny tails, are threehundred pounds and still live with theri moms.
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 8:38 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
a) I said 'otaku' jokingly. It was sarcasm. Don't take it as any more than such.

b) I like anime coming to my TV. Easier that way. I don't dl anime, or buy fansubs, so that I can do my part to help it to KEEP comingto my TV. Rather than CN losing money on advertising from low ratings and such, I do my part to keep the ratings up.

c) How do you know the fansubbers put in the exact english translation of what was said? I've always wondered this. Honestly, why do you trust them over the official version? They're FANS. Hence the name. What, do you trust it more because they make it sound cooler?

d) I don't see a damn thing wrong with the Inu Yasha dub. I think the voices fit much better than on some other shows (american and japanese), and it's not as if they have a lack of necissary emotion either.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 10:13 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
I don't know if you guys posted this here or not, but I suppose it's relative to the conversation. By our own TylerL:

http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/rants/translation.html.

Especially the "Cultural Differences" and "Dubber's Mentality" parts.

Although Dubber's Mentality (hopefully) doesn't apply to commercial subs...
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 10:32 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
endy wrote:
Anyways... I don't understand why you said "And it doesn't cost me a cent" counterparadox.. Are you implying it takes money to see a subbed version? Well, if thats the case..there is a the wonderful world of fansubs ^_^.

Of something with an official release? That's PIRACY. If you can't afford an official release, save your money until you can. You have no constitutional right to free anime.
PostMon Mar 24, 2003 10:57 pm
endy

Post subject:
now now.. its only piracy if the anime is licsenced in the states.. no your facts man.

Fansubs are this: fans sub an anime (trust me you can TELL if its a bad sub) and let ppl dl it for FREE. Ok? then once it gets licsenced the distributation STOPS. Yeah, it doesn't always stop, but for the most part it does.

Now I won't lie, I do get some liscenced anime, but really.. no one cares.. Seriously.. if people can get free music off of kazaa why can't I get anime off IRC? Hm?

BTW, Inuyasha's dub is not good x_x.. the japanese voices are really good.. Inuyasha int he english version is always talking slang..too much and it's annoying.
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 8:00 am
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
With all due respect, Beefy, you make it sound so horrible, but I'm sorry the sub was the way it was meant to be seen. I cannot make anyone think a certain way and again like I have said this is only my opinion, but why watch it if you really don't care about the original? It is about a JAPANESE man in historical JAPAN. Are you getting the trend here? I'm sorry, but I do not believe a true anime fan would say that they want to stay away from the sub. Sorry..Honest to God I really seriously am. But there is nothing wrong with the sub and it is a treat for the eyes. Enjoy Kenshin any way you can, and if you watch the dub, hey good for you, I'm very glad you enjoy it, but I'm just letting you know that they pronounce things wrong and you may wanna check the sub out for the real translations if not anything else. But, seriously, it is a wonderful piece subbed. I only say this because many consider this like any other anime, and it really isn't and if you watch the kyoto arc and go 'wow, this kicks ass!' imagine how good it would be with the actors in Japan who did it first. Just my two cents, sorry , but that is how I feel, I don't wanna sound obsessed. But, the 'you people' comment was uncalled for.
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 11:01 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
you know, i planned to comment on this whole sub vs. dub thing, but what i wrote out was basically a disorganized paragraph of everything tyler's essay and spookmonkey already touched on earlier...

i happen to think any anime brought to this country should have an english dub so it can be more easily accessible to more people...new fans attracted can then begin to learn about this stuff and decide what they wanna do from there...
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 11:56 am
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
CrimsonChristian wrote:
With all due respect, Beefy, you make it sound so horrible, but I'm sorry the sub was the way it was meant to be seen. I cannot make anyone think a certain way and again like I have said this is only my opinion, but why watch it if you really don't care about the original? It is about a JAPANESE man in historical JAPAN. Are you getting the trend here? I'm sorry, but I do not believe a true anime fan would say that they want to stay away from the sub.

Ignorance is bliss. I enjoy watching the dub on Toonami. The InuYasha dub is fine too. It seems like watching the sub makes one demand perfection out of the dub, and then the viewer can't enjoy it as much.

So what if the dub isn't exactly like the original? Does the little bit they change really ruin the whole show? The dub gets the story across and that's good enough for me.
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 1:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
I'm sorry, but I really don't feel I'm ignorant. I believe I have qualified opinions and so do you. I just feel you are missing out. I mean, can't you at least give the sub a try? just one episode? I think you could equally enjoy it. I won't say anymore unless necessary, but I'm glad you are enjoying it, but like I said, after you see the dub of kyoto, you may want to see it subbed.
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 1:59 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I was calling myself ignorant, not you.

The dubs on CN just don't seem to bother me at present.

Believe me, after watching the Malaysian dub of Sailor Moon R, all these U.S. dubs sound darn good!
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 2:06 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 7 of 29

Jump to: