нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - What is your favorite show Toonami ever had on?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
What is your favorite show Toonami ever had on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
Yes I agree. Those soccer moms need to be freaked out. Plus I never saw that episode. And again I have no increadible desire to see it...cough... though it would be nice knowing I actually saw the WHOLE thing. I actually wish they'd just put that show back on whether they aired that episode or not. It was awesome.
PostWed Jan 21, 2004 9:39 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually it needs to be aired, as it explained how Gene got the special caster shells that magically appeared in ep 24(thank you very much lack of continuity). Honestly, with AS's slowly treading away its editing standards there, it wouldnt be too long if they got to air stuff of similar calibur to the lost episode....damn you Toonami for forcing me to buy a boxset just for one episode of goodness.
PostWed Jan 21, 2004 9:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Epyon_Pilot

Post subject:
I must agree.
Toonami keeps cutting important stuff out. I can understand the unimportant stuff but story essential stuff like the inncedent mentioned above is just unexceptable. If they have to cut out that much stuff then should put it on Adult Swim (although i hate to say that because AS already has enough stuff to show).
PostWed Jan 21, 2004 10:11 pm
AnimeGirl

Post subject:
I hate to say it but I disagree.
I know that pretty much everyone hates editing (myself included) but realistically its necessary. They can't show that kind of stuff on a station that targets kids especially in Toonami's time slot. Thats what Adult Swim is for. I wish that it had been around when Outlaw Star and similar such shows had first started airing or that all those shows could have been shown on AS (especially once it started relaxing its editing) but I understand why they couldn't be shown uneditied for Toonami. I think that we should be grateful that they took the time to edit them so that they could show them on the air at all because some of us who don't have the money to buy all those dvds might never even have heard of Outlaw Star! Shocked Think of all that we would have missed! In conclusion... editing: hate it, wish it wasn't necessary but will accept it gladly if it means that I can get my daily dose of free anime and not have to break any laws, copyrights, ect.

(P.S. Sorry about being a bit long winded but I've heard so many people mention this issue and FINALLY had to put in my two cents. I feel much better now that I've got it out. Wink )

"Your never to old to watch cartoons!"----Me
PostTue Jan 27, 2004 4:32 am
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
I have combined opinions. They should have shown it to explain the caster shells, but they couldn't have shown it for obvious reasons. I forget, but I think they explained how he got the caster shells in a "made up" version on the Toonami version. But I don't remember. I hate editing, but I mind it much less when they make up for it by explaining something thats confusing because they left out a scene. Even if its a fictional explanation and quite unauthentic to the actual show. Actually I would still be quite mad, just not crazily mad like I am when they edit other stuff and don't explain it.
PostTue Jan 27, 2004 8:08 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Tri_GUN_damwing wrote:
I forget, but I think they explained how he got the caster shells in a "made up" version on the Toonami version. But I don't remember.

I don't think anything was "made up", that conversation was in the original episode 24.
But I'll double-check when I get home, unless someone else pipes up.
PostTue Jan 27, 2004 4:35 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Tri_GUN_damwing wrote:
...I hate editing...

Without editing, for televison at least, would you have been inspired to see it unedited in the first place? Most likely, without seeing TV edits of shows, you would have never become a fan in the first place. They are a nessary evil and the lesser of the second evil which is not airing anime at all. My problem with editing is when it is done poorly; as edits go, I wish more studios whould take the care in editing as CN did with Tenchi. That was an excelent example of editing for the toonami age group.
PostTue Jan 27, 2004 4:39 pm
sonicboom1

Post subject:
...Gundam Wing, the very first Gundam on Toonami. And my favorite...

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

"..Then you break my video game,
Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostTue Jan 27, 2004 9:48 pm
AnimeGirl

Post subject:
I loved Gundam Wing! I liked a lot of the shows that Toonami showed early on as well as some of the new stuff so I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Sailor Moon was awesome and I hope no one laughs but I loved Ronin Warriors. I really liked Kenshin (I think that they did a great job on the editing for that) and Yu Yu Hakusho and...
I just love anime and as I said I'd never be able to pick a single favorite. I just hope CN keeps picking up shows on caliber with those of the past.

"Your never to old to watch cartoons!"----Me
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 1:33 am
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
WhtHawk wrote:
Tri_GUN_damwing wrote:
...I hate editing...

Without editing, for televison at least, would you have been inspired to see it unedited in the first place? Most likely, without seeing TV edits of shows, you would have never become a fan in the first place. They are a nessary evil and the lesser of the second evil which is not airing anime at all. My problem with editing is when it is done poorly; as edits go, I wish more studios whould take the care in editing as CN did with Tenchi. That was an excelent example of editing for the toonami age group.

I agree that its neccesary, but I think its evil. Which I guess makes it a neccesary evil. I also agree they did a good job of editing Tenchi. But they messed up on some other shows, which made me mad.
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 8:25 am
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
What other shows did CN edit themselves for Toonami? While they did Tenchi, they devoted enough resouces to it that they really couldn't do another show.
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 3:50 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Why do they NEED to edit it anyway? Is there some sort of law? Say what did they edit out of Tenchi and Outlaw Star and stuff?

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 4:04 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
They need to edit stuff because the FCC has laws that determine what can be shown/said under specific ratings (TV-Y7, TV-14, etc.) If channels don't abide by these rules, then they could lose their broadcasting license and be taken off the air.

Tenchi and Outlaw Star were edited for nudity, profanity, innuendo, and violence.

They did a better job editing Outlaw Star and Yu Yu Hakusho than they did with Tenchi, but that's just my opinion.
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 5:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
WhtHawk wrote:
What other shows did CN edit themselves for Toonami? While they did Tenchi, they devoted enough resouces to it that they really couldn't do another show.

Didn't they edit YYH? Mabye not. Forgive my oblivious nature.

Quote:
Why do they NEED to edit it anyway? Is there some sort of law? Say what did they edit out of Tenchi and Outlaw Star and stuff?

They need to edit stuff because the FCC has laws that determine what can be shown/said under specific ratings (TV-Y7, TV-14, etc.) If channels don't abide by these rules, then they could lose their broadcasting license and be taken off the air.

Tenchi and Outlaw Star were edited for nudity, profanity, innuendo, and violence.

They did a better job editing Outlaw Star and Yu Yu Hakusho than they did with Tenchi, but that's just my opinion.

Indeed, this is true. CN is a kids network. That limits it quite a bit. If it wasn't a kids network and they edited it like they did I would be REALLY mad. (thank you Adult Swim... and DVDs...)
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 6:20 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Tri_GUN_damwing wrote:
WhtHawk wrote:

Didn't they edit YYH? Mabye not. Forgive my oblivious nature.

FUNimation and Viz do their own edits, following CN guidelines.
Pioneer, Media Blasters & Bandai pay CN to make the edits for them.
I'm not sure about Sony.
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 6:24 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: