нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363262/

I was shocked to find this. A movie based off a character from a popular '90s show that has been cancelled for about 10 years? Wow. I hope Carrey makes a cameo.
PostTue Oct 28, 2003 6:19 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
There's a teaser trailer for the long-awaited movie Alien Vs. Predator, which is coming out in August 2004. You can check it out here.
PostSat Nov 01, 2003 6:47 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
make sure to check out the behind the scenes stuff.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Nov 08, 2003 8:51 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
make sure to check out the behind the scenes stuff.

...on what?
PostSun Nov 09, 2003 2:22 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
on the link you linked your link to. duh.

PostSun Nov 09, 2003 4:56 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Here's some movie/tv news you all might have missed

The WB officially ordered a halt to production on freshman series TARZAN. A total of eight episodes have been produced, five having aired already. The remaining three will air over the next three weeks and that will likely be the last you see of Monkey Man. Sources say they doubt production will resume on the show. The show has experienced heavy ratings losses week to week since the first episode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things aren't looking too great for NBC's AMERICAN DREAMS. Due to middling ratings, the Peacock has decided to cut back their episode order from 22 to 18 episodes.

Only five episodes into its second season, ABC has canceled Dick Wolfe's L.A. DRAGNET. Ten episodes were completed before ABC halted production. The remaining five will be shelved and aired at a later date. To fill the slot, ABC will air reruns of other series; this Saturday will see a rerun of the John Ritter death episode of 8 SIMPLE RULES.

VH1 and Sony Pictures Television are teaming up to produce two new PARTRIDGE FAMILY series. VH1 has ordered seven episodes of the first show, which will be a reality series centering on the casting of a new P-Family. That new "family" will then go on to star in the second show, which will be a new scripted series. "THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY is a part of pop culture that everyone remembers with tremendous fondness," said Zack Van Amburg, senior vp development and cable programming at SPT. "VH1 is just the right network for this."

Hilary Duff (LIZZIE MAGUIRE) has signed a deal with CBS to star in a family sitcom for the 2004-2005 season. The Eye is hoping to develop a series akin to FAMILY TIES, i.e. it connects with both kids and adults.

Nicholas Cage could be making an international thriller LORDS OF WAR his next film. The story revolves around an arms dealer who does anything in his power to get to the top of his profession. He thinks he’s countered all his enemies was wasn’t expecting his conscience to be the biggest hurdle. The problem is, how, do you escape a life of girls, guns and glamour, when no-one wants you to stop, not even your enemies.

NBC has officially cancelled the critically-acclaimed series BOOMTOWN after putting it on hiatus last month. THIRD WATCH will permanently take its spot.

Mel Gibson has signed a deal to develop a new sitcom for ABC and a new drama for CBS. Based on his own experiences as a father of six boys, the ABC show will be about a single father who is the father of five teenage boys. The idea comes from Julie Thacker and Mike Scully, who are also writing the pilot script. Gibson will also work on THE CLUBHOUSE, a new drama from Aaron Spelling. The show is described as a "coming of age" drama. Except with loads of catty women I'm sure.

At the recent secret STAR WARS summit at the Presidio in San Francisco, George Lucas talked about the market of EPISODE III, but also let a few other things slip.

The main discussion was that EPISODE III will start a teaser advertising campaign in January 05. Then the film will drop in May, with the DVD/VHS release in November '05.

Now that’s interest, but the real juice is...wait for it...the ORIGINAL STAR WARS TRILOGY is to be released September '04 (you heard the rumours here). And if that’s not enough to make you grin, how about the fact that there could be TWO STAR WARS television projects dropping in '06. That’s right, you heard me. One would be animation and the other - LIVE ACTION. How you like them apples?

Naomi Watts, star of 2002 horror flick THE RING, has confirmed that she will be reprising her role of Rachel Keller in the sequel……..THE RING 2. The first film was based on classic Japanese horror film RINGU, which has since spawned a mass of sequels. The DreamWorks sequel won’t be an adaptation of one of the Japanese sequels though; it is going to be completely different (reportedly). Filming should start sometime next year.

CBS has tapped D.L. Hughley (THE HUGHLEYS) to host a pilot for LIAR, an adaption of the BBC game show. The show is basically a modern version of TO TELL THE TRUTH. Six contestants will square off against each other, telling similar stories; only one of them is telling the truth, however. After asking questions, if the audience guesses the correct person, they get to share the money. However, if they can't, the truth-teller gets the money to himself. Reveille Entertainment is producing.

Fox has canceled freshman series SKIN after only three episodes. In its place, Fox has decided to air back-to-back episodes of the failing THE NEXT JOE MILLIONAIRE on November 10 and 17 before its finale on November 24.

Brian Cox (X-MEN 2) has agreed to star in two different films: THE BOURNE SUPREMACY and THE RINGER. In BOURNE,which is a sequel to THE BOURNE IDENTITY, Cox will reprise his role as CIA liaison Ward Abbott. For THE RINGER, a Farrelly Bros film, Cox will play uncle of a mentally handicapped man (Johnny Knoxville) that is competing in the Special Olympics.

No, I don’t mean Da Vinci the painter, this THE DA VINCI CODE, the best selling book from Dan Brown. It’s a thriller and follows a cryptographer and a symbologist investigating a murder in the Louvre. The clues lead to secrets of Western history, including the Holy Grail. Ron Howard is set to direct.

Brendan Fraser (THE MUMMY, THE MUMMY RETURNS) is eager to make a 3rd installment of the Universal Pictures franchise THE MUMMY. He say’s he has spoken to director Stephen Sommers, who directed the previous outings and once he has finished work on VAN HELSING he’ll be investigating storylines and ways to bring to life a 3rd Mummy.

Nothing concrete has been announced but we all know X-MEN 3 will happen.

One member of the cast has thrown his hat into the ring though and say’s he’ll definitely be up for another instalment.

Teletex caught up with Sir Ian McKellen and he had this to say :

"X-Men and its story is about mutants, about people who feel disaffected with society, and whom society is hard on, appeals most to young blacks, young Jews and young gays," he told a packed crowd at Po Na Na in Hammersmith.

"That's why I did the movie and that's why I intend to do the third movie."

"If my character is in it and if he's my age. They might bring Magneto back but it may be the young Magneto. Who knows?"

Samuel L. Jackson has signed up to play NSA Agent Augustus Gibbons again in the sequel to XXX. After Vin Diesel decided not to return it may have seemed the franchise had lost credibility. Now though Jackson will be able to take charge of Ice Cube and send him out to do that dirty work no one else wants to tackle. Lee Tamahori is also returning to direct and Sony hopes the film will drop sometime summer 05.

PostSun Nov 09, 2003 5:27 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
MGM is developing Henry Bates and the Sorcerer's Balls, a film spoof of the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings franchises, Variety reported. Written by David Morgasen, James R. Stein and Timothy Stack (Son of the Beach), Bates will be produced by Ricky Strauss under his Ricochet Films banner.

In the parody, the wizard Gandolfini battles the evil wizard Enron, with the help of Henry Bates, the rightful king of the land of Middlefinger.

MGM bought the script days ago and has already engaged the writers for a two-week polish, indicating the studio plans to move quickly.
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 4:54 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Trailer News+Updates

New Trailers For:

Shrek 2
The Last Samurai
Paycheck
And someshit
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 4:04 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Robert Rodat has been tapped by Columbia Pictures to write THE FIRST OLYMPICS, which tells the story of an Athenian warrior and athlete who earns the right to leave the battlefield to go to Olympia to compete against a Spartan nemesis in the pentathlon. In the process he hopes to win the respect and acceptance of his commanding general, whose daughter he is involved with romantically. Mark Gordon will produce.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Superman-V.com, the source of this bit of casting news, had this to say:

We asked her agent about this. Have WB been in talks with her about the part? They didn't deny it: "Nothing's conclusive"... What the heck does that mean!? Has she been in talks and nothing is signed and sealed!? Or are they refusing to deny it since they don't want to totally rule out the possibility of her going up for the role?

Obviously whoever plays Superman will have a lot to do with who they choose for Lois. With 20 year old Henry Cavill (who we revealed a month ago) now front runner for the Man Of Steel the WB will be looking for an actress of a similar age for his fellow co-worker/damsel in distress Miss Lane. Portman, 22, fits the bill and as we are told is one of a group of young actresses currently being considered.
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 5:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Conflicting reports have come in regarding a possible name change for THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE film adaptation.

According to the New Zealand Film and Video Technicians site (NZF&VTG) the film, which is being produced by Frozen Lakes Productions, will possibly be titled THE ONE HUNDRED YEAR WINTER. But Coming Soon.com recently updated their site with a scoop stating that the film had in fact not been titled THE ONE HUNDRED YEAR WINTER. Here's the quote, "I worked at Walden Media, the company behind Narnia, and have an update/correction for you.

The film will NOT be called "The Hundred Year Winter." That is their codename, ala "Blue Harvest" for Return of the Jedi. All materials have been marked as such except the script, but I was told this first hand.

Additionally, the script was lying around the office, and while I didn't have a chance to read it, I did read some of the correspondences between the various executives about the state of the script - Ann Peacock's draft. Generally speaking, most of them weren't happy with it, and despite casting going on for the children (they've got a huge collection of albums full of potentials), they're still doing heavy, heavy rewriting."

As for KING KONG, Peter Jackson, the director behind the LORD OF THE RINGS film trilogy is looking to start production in mid 2004 for a December 14, 2005 release date.
Source: Coming Soon!

Last edited by Andromaton on Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 5:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
In the December issue of EMPIRE Magazine, a first look is had of director Terry Gilliam's THE BROTHERS GRIMM, a fantasy/adventure/comedy about the legendary German fairy tale authors Will and Jacob Grimm, only reinvented as 17th century con artists who find themselves facing the perils of an enchanted forest.

Gilliam took a break after his last production, THE MAN WHO KILLED DON QUIXOTE, fell apart.

"After the whole disaster with DON QUIXOTE, I was really quite depressed. When this came along, it seemed to have all the right elements - it had fantasy, imagination, it was intelligent. And it had the money," laughs the one-time Python, oft-visionary director.

He tells the magazine that "it was strange getting back in the saddle. In the first week I was out of practice and making stupid mistakes. But we seem to be getting there now." Joining Gilliam on the set was X2: X-MEN UNITED production designer Guy Hendrix Dyas. "Guy's work on this is amazing," added Gilliam. Dyas has had the chance to build and entire fairy tale village on the backlot, ruined castles, and not one but two full sized forests - one studio-based, one outside. "We tried to find a real forest," Dyas explains. "Terry and I spent nearly a month scouting out here trying to find one. But then we realized that to control that environment we'd have to build it on set. So Terry can shoot day or night - do whatever he wants to do."

The magazine visited the set where Matt Damon was licking a toad. Repeatedly, take after take after vomit-inducing take. "It was okay until the lady doctor told me to take these three infection pills afterwards," laughs Damon. "Then again, for the money they're paying me, I can't complain." Also, Gilliam was admiring one of his forests as it's burnt to the ground by an army of Napoleonic soldiers. "Now that's a fire!" he shouts, an impish grin on his face. The film stars Matt Damon and Heath Ledger as the brothers Grimm, the cast also includes Jonathan Pryce and Monica Bellucia.
Source: Empire Magazine
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 5:46 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
CURSED, the Wes Craven Werewolf film, will start back up production again this week after an extended hiatus due to the filmmakers' desire to plan more special effects and further develop the ending.

Portia de Rossi (ARRESTED DEVLEOPMENT) will also appear in the opening sequence of the film, which is being kept a secret. CURSED is a Dimension Films project from Wes Craven and screenwriter Kevin Williamson.

The film is set in Los Angeles, where it sees werewolves attacking three strangers who must band together to stay alive against the deadly creatures and their curse; the film is said to put an inventive twist on the classic werewolf tale.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 5:47 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zee thread must ve re-stikeed.
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 9:45 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
meh, nobody aparently reads them so there's no real point -- maybe as unsticky people will pay a bit more attention.
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 10:12 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
After Peter Jackson cut some scenes from the beginning of RETURN OF THE KING that featured Saruman, Christopher Lee has been in a rage. He is refusing to go to the premiere of the film because of the cuts. Fans have streamed to sign a on-line petition to try an get the footage put back. Nearly 10,000 have already put their name to paper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even though recently news was leaked that MISSION IMPOSSIBLE:3 had begun casting, it now seems this is impossible. Star Tom Cruise isn’t quite sure if he will reprise his role as Ethan Hunt or if there will even be a film. He said "MISSION is always tough to do...If I don't feel that I can do it, [then I won't]." At present he and co-producer Paula Wagner are working on a script with some writers. This message will not self destruct.
PostTue Nov 18, 2003 6:22 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 25 of 32

Jump to: