нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Evangelion Blamed For Mother's Death
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Evangelion Blamed For Mother's Death
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject: Evangelion Blamed For Mother's Death
This site, courtesy of Anime News Network, wrote:

Cartoon blamed for youth's fatal beating on mom

YAMAGATA -- A boy accused of beating his mother to death with a baseball bat was influenced by a cartoon that made him believe humans were unnecessary beings, prosecutors told the Yamagata District Court on Monday.

In opening statements at the trial of Hiroyuki Tsuchida, 22, prosecutors claimed that watching the science-fiction cartoon "Neon Genesis Evangelion" had made Tsuchida believe a phrase in it that said, "The ultimate conclusion of (human) evolution is ruin."

He also came to believe that humans were unnecessary beings who were destroying the world's environment, and in turn began to want to kill people, prosecutors said.

They said the youth fatally smashed his mother in the head with a baseball bat at about 2 p.m. on June 25, thinking that if he killed family members he would not hesitate when murdering others.

A representative of Gainax, the firm involved in writing and producing the cartoon, said it did not think the content of the cartoon was related to the killing. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, Dec. 2, 2003)

::sigh:: the increasing stupidity of humanity worries me...
PostTue Dec 02, 2003 9:10 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah--the kid's a moron. Didn't he watch the entire thing? The idea was to bring the idea up, then prove it wrong. That's what the movie/last 2 episodes were for.
PostTue Dec 02, 2003 11:06 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think that the kid's lawyer is a genious, why not blame animation for violence. Music and video artists have been sued already. Fresh meat.

Honestly, they all need to be thrown out of the gene pool.
PostWed Dec 03, 2003 1:28 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Do they really think he wouldn't have done it eventually anyway?
PostWed Dec 03, 2003 2:14 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
YE GUILTY.

That's all I have to say.
PostWed Dec 03, 2003 2:20 am
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
All kidding aside, this is going in my "Why Humanity is Doomed to Self-Extinction" file (or "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Stupidity"). Oh, I've got some golden material so far, but I'm not quite ready to present it before the National Social Sciences Summit yet.
PostWed Dec 03, 2003 2:31 am
wildarmsheero

Post subject:
I'm just wondering why he's 22 and living with his mom....
PostWed Dec 03, 2003 10:54 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
I can answer that. He's a loser.

TOP FIVE REASONS THE KID DID IT
5. Retardation
4. Just plain stupidness
3. Depression
2. Loser
1. Mental Illness

You know, they could also have blamed the Matrix Revolutions...

"The Purpose of all life is to end."
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostWed Dec 03, 2003 3:16 pm
AnimePrime

Post subject:
Some crazy woman here already did that. Actually that guy was on the right track. He just needs to start with other stupid people first. And if “The ultimate conclusion of human evolution is ruin.” Why didn’t he kill himself first instead of other people?

PostWed Dec 03, 2003 10:13 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
...because the psychological type that believes in these types of nihilistic fantasies tend to have both delusions of grandeur and low self-esteem... they simultaneously hate themselves and believe themselves to be better than every other human in the world, so basically they're self-abusing, but in their own world they're the only real person in the world, so they retaliate for being shunned by wishing to kill everybody around them... Plus killing themselves would be counter-productive and counter-intuitive to these people, because they believe it is their right to kill everybody else... they will only resort to suicide once they feel that they have killed enough people to finally get noticed by the rest of the world, that their existence means something and that their innate "superiority" has finally been verified... That's basically how most people who go on killing sprees based on nihislitic fantasies work...

...then again, I'm no psychologist...

...booyah, grandma... Twisted Evil

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostFri Dec 05, 2003 1:40 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
for those wondering:

Anime News Network, in this article, wrote:

Hiroyuki Tsuchida, the 23-year-old (he was 22 at the time of the murder) that killed his mother with a baseball bat, has been found guilty of murder by the Yamagata district court.

Inspired by aspects of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Tsuchida believed that human beings are unnecessary beings, responsible for the destruction of the environment. This brought him to want to kill people and he chose to start with family members as he believed it would be easier and it would desensitize him to the process of killing.

Tsuchida was sentenced to fourteen years in prison.

PostThu Feb 26, 2004 9:17 am
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
This is funny. If he really belives this, he shoud have blamed Knives, who is more about destroying all humans than that guy?

JP, your reason for why he didn't kill himself first was a little off. You see he was not destroying humans because they are destroying the planet. No, his desire was to fulfill that purpose to the logical end.

To save, you must destroy.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostThu Feb 26, 2004 10:57 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
So, this is what the world has gone too. If he saw the show and saw the messsage, wouldn't he kill himself? No, because we all fear death, but we love to see others die in the media of movies and television. So much...
PostTue Mar 02, 2004 4:26 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Actually, I think we all fear the pain associated with killing. Not the empotional part, the part with ow that hurts.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostThu Mar 04, 2004 3:35 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
I'm just wondering why he's 22 and living with his mom....

Todays offtopic life lesson: You will learn very fast that most kids do not move out of their house when their 18. They make just enough money to be happy at their entry level jobs but not enough for apartments, cars, insurance and bills. You will even hear of people in their late 20's (not me but i know people like this) who have gone back home during this last recession. The whole idea of moving out by 18 is something you dream about while growing up.

Back on topic: I agree that this is one smart lawyer. He will either get the guy off on the charge. Or get his sentence reduced. Considering this to be a 22 year old adult and not some kid. The story takes on a couple different problems. Most notably is that at 22 he would have known better then to emulate an anime. Unlike a 13 year old kid doing something off of Jackass.

I would be curious to hear what the jury finds in the end
PostSat Mar 06, 2004 7:19 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: