нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - DBZ: good? bad?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
DBZ: good? bad?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
endy

Post subject: DBZ: good? bad?
Im a newb to this forum, and I want to know one thing, do you guys like DBZ? If so.. why?

In most cases, many people i know like DBZ often think it's the best anime, and haven't been exposed to anything better. They say "cool fights" I've seen plenty of animes with MUCH better fights than DBZ. Plot? DBZ's plot is so simple and repetitive. Goku must now go to the next level of super saiya-jin to defeat the worlds most powerful enemy! And they fight for like 30 eps and then the bad guy "dies" but after 2 eps comes back to life and transforms again just to fight for another 30 eps!

IMHO, i don't liek this show very much.. doesn't appeal to me and is justy mindless.

But, I'd like to hear your opinions.
PostWed Feb 26, 2003 7:53 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
Let me just say something right here and now. Even though you are a newb, do not confuse this with n00b, which you are not. Anywho, your opinion is very interesting. The part about how some people think it is the best. 99.5 of those people have a speech imparement online and are n00bs. My opinion? It has its ups and down, but I am not in a position to compare wiht Anime in a whole, seeing as how I have not seen much Anime. However, you are right in many ways. The plot is over-simplicit. This show was made and packadged for the pre-teen group. What do pre-teen kids like. Big explosions? Check. Simple plot? Check. Bad guys that just don't die? CHECK! This is a mediocre Anime at best. This was, however, most people's first look at Anime. From what I have seen in Evangelion, Nadesico, etc., their is much better Anime out there. All those DBZ-spazzes should take a pipe and shove it through their skull. Maybe then they'll think better.
PostWed Feb 26, 2003 9:10 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
Damn double posts...
PostWed Feb 26, 2003 9:11 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
SlimJim wrote:
Let me just say something right here and now. Even though you are a newb, do not confuse this with n00b, which you are not. .

I disagree. While "n00b" is an earned title, it has been earned in this case.
PostWed Feb 26, 2003 10:04 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
What I cant stand is CN has been showing DBZ for about what..6-7 years now..Iv been watching it since before it was on CN, but it ticks me off that they cut us off like that in the Buu sage. JUST FINISH IT!!!!!!! its only like 15 or 18 more shows.

Thats what it is all about!
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 12:23 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
personally I think dbz is mindless fun. If you turn off thinking while watching it, it is thouroghly enjoyable. Most people who hate it think about it. If you don't think about it it's not to bad.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 12:23 am
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Eventhough DBZ is only average in quality, the demographics it targets love it. The pre-teen group dosen't mind the lack of a complex plot since they don't really notice what's there for all the fights, explosions and transformations. We all had to start somewhere though and most people have to be 'eased' into anime. A lot of people see all the Japaneese and are culture shocked into thinking that it is a bad show because it is not American. DBZ and a fair amount of anime on Toonami is a good introduction to anime, especialy more modern anime. While I not a lover of DBZ it gets people watching anime. The more people that watch anime the better the chances we fans have of getting higher quality shows brought over for blocks like AS.
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 12:27 am
Mith

Post subject:
DBZ is good for what its worth. People who complain about it being midless are attempting to use a sledgehammer to fix a computer. You know what I mean....
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 1:04 am
Ludwika

Frequenter

Post subject:
To quote "don't think just watch" is something to put into context when watching dbz. But fair to say when you got animated men with their magical beans, I also tend to just watch and sometimes ask "why is that mister ex-mushy pink Pillsbury wanna be man doing that?"
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 2:04 am
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
It seems like DBZ has had a permanent home on Toonami for as long as I can remember. It's always been on Midnught Run until that block went away. While other shows like Gundam, Reboot, Sailor Moon, Big O, Outlaw Star, and Tenchi have been phased out, DBZ has always been on Toonami. It makes you wonder if we'll ever be rid of it.

The first episode of DBZ I ever saw was the one where Ginyu steals Goku's body. I got pulled in from there and kept watching. However...
DBZ is one of those series I can watch only 2-3 times before I'm sick of it. New eps are fine, but I just can't seem to sit through re-runs.

A good series in my opinion is one that you can watch over and over again and never get tired of it. DBZ might be that kind of series of some people, but not me.
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 12:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I agree. When I first started watching toonami back in '99 DBZ was pretty much the only thing that mattered. After finding shows like Gundam and Cowboy Bebop though, DBZ just could not hold a candle to shows created to tell a story. Instead choosing to create neverending fights whose only purpose are to prolong the marketing and merchandise of the product.
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 2:43 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
DBZ is what pulled me into Toonami and anime. I like watching things beat the crap out of each other in a cartoon. Ben, er, um, CollegeBum, er, whatever your name is, they're finishing off DBZ in a month or two. The Buu saga is bad anyways because Toriyama wanted to stop the plotline about 85 episodes before it even started. Try doing something you don't want to do. It comes out crappy.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 4:54 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think we'll never be fully rid of dbz, I think that down the road they'll just combine db, dbz, and dbgt together and air them beginning to end over and over again in a single half hour slot. I mean what there are over 500 episodes combined? so lets see.... 5 days a week*52 weeks = 260 episodes in a year. You see where I'm taking this.

PostThu Feb 27, 2003 7:53 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
if there is a god he shall prevent that....
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 8:10 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
actually I'd prefer it. it condenses an hour and a half of different shows int he same timeline into one solid 30 show. it keeps the dbz fans happy and it also keeps toonami from being a block dominated by the series.

PostThu Feb 27, 2003 8:31 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: