нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Toonami Being changed again?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Toonami Being changed again?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomX

Post subject: Toonami Being changed again?
Does anyone have the slightest idea when toonami is going to change again?? Like Tom 4 or What?? I wish that toonami would go to weekdays again thats when toonami Was Good..
PostWed Feb 08, 2006 3:42 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Short answer: no
Long answer: Nope.
Longer answer: No-- Eh, this is no longer funny.
PostWed Feb 08, 2006 4:52 am
SU182

Post subject:
It's good on the timeslot it is, Why change it?

Working:

The Fast And The Furious (99%) Track Layout Planning Phase
Walt Disney ImagniStudios Ohio (9%) Scenery & Ride Placement Phase
Six Flags Orlando Paradise (0%) Soon to be worked on!

SU182, It's all in the Thrill
PostSun Feb 19, 2006 10:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BDNeon

Post subject:
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
HAHAHHAHAHAHAA!!!
HAHAHA!!!

Ha!

Wait, you're serious about the timeslot being good?

Shocked
PostSun Apr 30, 2006 7:24 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually yes he is. Because if you want to show more adult oriented shows. Its the right timeslot.

If you remember when it was on earlier we had heavily edited content to fit the time slot.
PostSun Apr 30, 2006 9:41 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BDNeon

Post subject:
The shows before were ageless, anyone could watch them and enjoy them. Therefore it was an ideal slot. Besides, Toonami isn't really adult oriented, that's more Adult Swim's area. Toonami is meant for the average teenager, usually between 13 and 18.
PostSun Apr 30, 2006 4:57 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
You mean like Dragonball Z? Which apparently according to you we got in a nice clean unedited version?
PostSun Apr 30, 2006 6:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BDNeon

Post subject:
There WERE other shows besides DBZ you know, it was meant to appeal to a broader audience then Cartoon Networks strictly kiddy focus.
PostSun Apr 30, 2006 6:42 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
You made a very broad statement and I countered it. In fact Big O was cleaned up "In the name of Good, Ye Not Guilty" is not the correct screen. Gundam Wing even ran unedited during the brief midnight toonami period.

Cartoon networks trying to find its focus. It's a business. It didn't get the ratings with the toonami repeats. But then again after the fifth time of showing DBZ, or Gundam Wing, who was watching? Plus if you go to Toonami Digital Arsenel you'll see the shows that Toonami couldn't show. Shows like Trigun. Because it was to violent. Which is questionable with the other shows they had on.

But what about Thundercats (toonami old school), or Powerpuff reruns? These were all during Toonami's run.

Had the ratings been there. We would have continued to have gotten more shows. But apparently they weren't so now those shows get shuffled off to Adult Swim. Where they get the infinite rerun treatment (see Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and others). And again after you have seen Jupiter Jazz twenty times, how many more times can you watch it?

That Cartoon Network is willing to break its charter with the cable companies and satellite companies to become yet another crappy 80's rereun channel should say something about the state of the entire channel. Whether thats Toonami, Miguzi, Adult Swim, or the normal daytime.

Do I miss the 5-7pm (est) Toonami blocks? Heck yes I do. Its what brought me here several years ago. And got me back in anime after many years of being away from it. Its all Dragonball Z's fault. A show with a million flaws. But apparently it wasn't paying the bills.

In fact I want to say that outside the US Toonami is no more then a few hour block on Saturdays isnt? Because while we had Batman Beyond everyday, they only got Batman 2000 once a week.
PostSun Apr 30, 2006 7:14 pm
kiba

Post subject:
Ya I like its where its at. If they had the shows earlier they would even edit inuyasha. Thats not good the anime gets its edge on what is normally written and gets better by each episode because the edge is what keeps us wanting more and gets us to come back. Thus higher ratings and yes Dbz paid the bills and had many flaws but it was a basic anime it was good but it had some bad qualities. So Toonami is good were it is at the time slot is just fine were its is.
PostMon May 22, 2006 4:40 pm
Gohan_TakingBackSunday1

Post subject:
Here is the real schedule, and its a leak!! Weekdays(September)
4:00/3:00 PM CT Hamtaro/PPG/He-Man
4:30/3:30 PM CT Totally Spies
5:00/ 4:00 PM CT G Gundam
5:30/4:30 PM CT Foster`s
6:00/5:00 PM CT Dragonball
6:30/5:30 PM CT Dragonball Z
7:00/6:00 PM CT Kenshin/Yu Yu Hakusho
7:30/6:30 PM CT Zoids

Shocked : IT`S A LEAK(Midnight Run & old logo of CN)
12/11 AM/PM CT Foster`s
12.5/11.5 AM/PM CT DBZ

Doing stunts from Jackass, Burst(A metal band)
MTV2 your awesome
PostMon Jul 10, 2006 5:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
*Snicker* I don't know who "leaked" that to you, but it's OBVIOUSLY false. Toonami didn't even FINISH Yu Yu Hakusho OR Kenshin due to low ratings. No way they'd bring them BACK. Check your sources man, because that schedule is hands down, undisputably BOGUS.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Jul 10, 2006 5:36 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Gohan_TakingBackSunday1 wrote:

IT`S A LEAK

Lay off the fat-free chips. Rolling Eyes
PostMon Jul 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Gohan_TakingBackSunday1

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
*Snicker* I don't know who "leaked" that to you, but it's OBVIOUSLY false. Toonami didn't even FINISH Yu Yu Hakusho OR Kenshin due to low ratings. No way they'd bring them BACK. Check your sources man, because that schedule is hands down, undisputably BOGUS.
Toonami didn't even FINISH Yu Yu Hakusho OR Kenshin due to low ratings
They cancelled Rurouni Kenshin because of very high ratings actually, and Yu Yu Hakusho got canclled because of low ratings!

MTV2 your awesome
PostFri Nov 10, 2006 8:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gohan_TakingBackSunday1

Post subject: Re: Toonami Being changed again?
TomX wrote:
Does anyone have the slightest idea when toonami is going to change again?? Like Tom 4 or What?? I wish that toonami would go to weekdays again thats when toonami Was Good..

TOMX-There`s NO TOM4! NOT NO Weekdays again, they are chaning in March 2007!

MTV2 your awesome
PostFri Nov 10, 2006 8:22 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: