нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Nadesico, is it worth the money?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Nadesico, is it worth the money?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimePrime

Post subject: Nadesico, is it worth the money?
I found a DVD box set of Martian Succesor Nadesico for fifty dollars at Hastings and since I have enough money I'm thinking of buying it for a trip later this summer. But before I put down the money I wanted to ask those who had already seen it if it's any good. The parts they showed on Giant Robot week were confusing but looked interesting. And how can I say no to a series with giant robots? Wink
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 7:52 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
The GRW showing was confusing because this is a linear story, and the shows were from the beginning, the middle and the end of the series, minus all the plot details in between them.
Buy it.
Humor, melodrama, love, war, honor, duty, BIG STOMPY ROBOTS, and an anime convention.
This show has it all.
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 8:05 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yep I agree. Toonami really didn't showcase it in it's full light. It's just about as funny Excel Saga without trying half as hard. Though, unlike Excel Saga, this is a parady anime with a good plot. Nobu pretty much said it all. Buy the damn thing.
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 9:26 am
AnimePrime

Post subject:
One quick question, is it 26 episodes or 13?
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 9:54 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quick answer: 26.
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 10:03 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
I LOVE Nadesico! Fantastic, unfortunately I missed the airing of the last two episodes on Sci-fi ;_;

But it's a great series, manages to spoof so many series at the same time and still have lovable characters you get attached to and feel bad for...
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 11:43 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
while i was kind of iffy on how the series ended, i still think it's worth the fifty dollar purchase...i was surprised to see just how good the series got, and the humor is great throughout, with a couple priceless ribs at anime fans in general...

a friend of mine told me there was a movie made too, though i know nothing about it...for those who've seen/know about it, is it just the series crammed into a few hours or a continuation of the story?

[edit: got that "Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 451 4.1.8 ... Domain of sender address infolink@toonamiinfolink.com does not resolve" message that i'm so fond of...i think the post still shows up though...]

Last edited by JJc14 on Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 9:07 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm not sure about the movie. ADV has the rights to it and they plan on releasing it soon. I just know that it's nothing like the seires and it has lots of Ruri in it. I think it's Caklled Nadescio: Prince of Darkness
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 3:03 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
IIRC, the movie is set about 3 years after the end of the TV series.
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 1:30 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Hell yes buy it. Funny, funny stuff.

I just learned of the movie today... and how can more Ruri be a bad thing?
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 2:25 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
When you like the Captain.
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 5:32 am
AnimePrime

Post subject:
I went to get Nadesico yesterday but Hastings had gotten a new shipment of box sets and had Orphon, and something called Please Teacher. Has anyone seen these and if you have are they better then Nadesico?
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 8:18 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
AnimePrime wrote:
I went to get Nadesico yesterday but Hastings had gotten a new shipment of box sets and had Orphon, and something called Please Teacher. Has anyone seen these and if you have are they better then Nadesico?

Gee, Chibi, do you think Please Teacher is better than Nadesico? Wink

That's tough. That Please Teacher box is a limited edition, but you'd the whole Nadesico series for the same price. Decisions, decisions... Confused

P.S.- I don't know anything about Orphen. Sorry.
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 8:00 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
While it is not better, Please Teacher Is still pretty good(Manga is much better).

Last edited by Chibi_Zero on Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 8:38 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Get Nadesico!

Please Teacher(Most people still think of it as Onegi Teacher) is supposed to be good, but I heard it gets lame as it goes on. Orphen is cool too, but still not worth buying the whole set for. I think I played the game based on it once.

GET NADESICO!!
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 8:41 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: