нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
thursday night:

kenshin prepares to take on shishio only to have him depart, leaving the kid soujiro to "play with" the battousai...we see that there's a lot more to soujiro than what we've known so far, as both kenshin and saito have not been able to read him as he doesn't act like a regular swordsman...kenshin and soujiro both go for the speed attack of pulling the sword out of the sheath and meet halfway as their speeds are dead even...what makes this even more shocking is that kenshin's reverse-blade sword breaks from the impact...

this match is considered a draw (as soujiro's blade took some severe damage as well) and the kid leaves to catch up to shishio...aiji sees the man responsible for killing his family on the ground and plans to murder him out of revenge...saito, misao, and eventually kenshin talk him out of this, ending the adventure at this town...

oh yea, saito's married too (something i totally forgot and still randomly chuckle about) and decides to send aiji to his wife since his family's gone...

i won't be around at all today, so don't expect a summary of friday's episode until tomorrow night at the earliest...
PostFri Jun 20, 2003 12:50 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I loved Kenshin's reaction to finding out Saito was married.
PostFri Jun 20, 2003 3:18 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
well, i'm a bit disappointed about the recent news concerning boxsets of this series...i sent in to mr./ms. answerman of Anime News Network and it was posted in their latest column, only to confirm my suspicions that there are currently no plans...looks like i'll start piecing together the collection come christmas then...

friday night (if anyone still cares):

after focusing on kenshin and misao the past few days, we return to sanosuke, still hopelessly lost in the forest...he comes across a former monk who has the ability to unleash a great deal of power that basically vaporizes anything it touches...sano's determined to learn this technique in a week, with the stipulation being that anji (the monk) will have to kill him if he can't accomplish this...

of course, it's a rough start as sano struggles through the week...on the final night, he sees a vision of captain sagara telling him to give up, but he refuses...as anji is ready to hear sano admit defeat, he displays the technique, successfully completing his training and rejuvenating his spirit...as sano walks off, we see soujiro telling anji that he's been hailed to kyoto to help out shishio...

a good episode in that the focus is turned on sano to prevent his character from being lost in the shuffle of new faces...the futai noki wami (spelling...) is such a cool move, and fight thread veterans may have a greater understanding as to why it was my guy's only hand-to-hand technique (of course, i butchered the spelling of it even worse, calling it the 'fukai noki wami', but whatever...)

anyway, the various groups (kenshin/misao, yahiko/karou, sanosuke, saito) are all close to kyoto now, so it should be interesting to see how things go from here...
PostSun Jun 22, 2003 12:06 pm
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
well, i'm a bit disappointed about the recent news concerning boxsets of this series...i sent in to mr./ms. answerman of Anime News Network and it was posted in their latest column, only to confirm my suspicions that there are currently no plans...looks like i'll start piecing together the collection come christmas then...

that was you? haha, niiice

that does suck though...even though I own a bunch of the series already, I don't want everyone to have to spend the money I did Razz

plus, I wanna get a cool box for all my dvd's...
PostSun Jun 22, 2003 12:12 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm sure a box set will come out one day. I mean it's doing got on CN so why not cash in on it.
PostSun Jun 22, 2003 12:23 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:

friday night (if anyone still cares):

Hey, I care, you oblivious slow moving woman! (Name the reference, win a prize.)

But yeah, that ep was good. Nice setup for a fight later on. Neat little plot twist (I ALMOST saw it coming, but I didn't . . . ). And a cool move indeed.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Jun 22, 2003 2:07 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
rats, i won't be winning that prize anytime soon...

monday night:

kenshin and misao arrive in kyoto and we're introduced to the restaurant where she lives with her grandfather and other former members of the oniwabon group...the grandfather recognizes kenshin right away, and the two get to talking about current events as it seems shishio is nearly done preparations for his invasion of japan...

kenshin asks the grandfather for information concerning two people...the first is the man who forged the reverse blade sword that recently broke and it's revealed that he has passed away years ago...however, he has a son and they along with misao go and pay a visit, only to find a kind gentelman with his wife and kid who no longer makes weapons...kenshin decides it's best not to interfere and they leave, though misao is visibly upset...

word of kenshin's whereabouts reaches shishio and his first lackey, who's name escapes me (it sounded like "cho"), but think vash the stampede with a lot of swords...he goes over to the swordsman's son looking for his father's last sword, threatening his kid's life to find it...they reveal the location as misao approaches, and word gets to kenshin of what's going on...even with his reverse-blade sword broken, kenshin still meets up with cho for a duel as the credits roll...
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 9:46 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Good! I didn't miss a fight episode! Yatta! ^_^

Yeah, I forgot to tape it. Thanks a bunch, JJc.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 11:07 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
The sword collector has to be one of the coolest looking kenshin villans ever. I hope they at least have a decent fight.
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 11:48 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I hate the way the Sword Collector looks...
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 12:12 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Yeah, he sorta looks like Vash the Stampede on crack.
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 11:13 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
BUT THAT"S THE GENIUS OF IT!
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 12:15 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
MegamanTrigger wrote:
Yeah, he sorta looks like Vash the Stampede on crack.

Looks like Vash, sounds like Keitaro...yeah, this'll be good. (And it is!)
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 12:50 am
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
The sword collector has to be one of the coolest looking kenshin villans ever. I hope they at least have a decent fight.

you'll like it, it's a good fight...but the best part is his sword - he's gotta have the coolest sword in the entire series...
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 4:33 am
sonicboom1

Post subject: Reply
I hope and pray that they do not rerun Kenshin.
That show is cool and it just got better! If Toonami has any sense,
they will NOT RERUN IT!!!!! ((Or I will boycott)) Just kidding.
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 2:42 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 17 of 29

Jump to: