нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News II
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sony is bringing hit vidgame franchise "Metal Gear Solid" to the bigscreen.

Michael De Luca will produce the adaptation, with vidgame creator Hideo Kojima as executive producer. A bigscreen adaptation of the futuristic vidgame has been rumored since last May's E3 confab, but negotiations with Konami Digital Entertainment have been ongoing. Sony chairman Yair Landau confirmed it was in the works following his keynote speech Thursday at the DICE vidgame confab in Las Vegas.

Columbia co-president of production Doug Belgrad hailed the franchise as especially cinematic in its storytelling and "loaded with well-developed, intriguing characters."

"Metal Gear Solid" has sold more than 20 million units since 1998, but its roots date back even further; the first "Metal Gear" game came out in 1987. The stealth action title became one of the industry's biggest hits and has four sequels, the last three of which came out under the "Metal Gear Solid" moniker. Another sequel is set for release this year. [Variety.com]
PostThu Feb 08, 2007 10:23 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
So, I was watching the basketball games today (OSU! UCLA!... Florida can burn Mad ) and I noticed Comcast advertising the newest and "final" Spiderman 3 trailer available exclusively on its special site.

Pretty cool.

P.S.- Did I mention Florida can go burn?
PostSat Mar 24, 2007 8:31 pm
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
Thanks for the link, Nobu. Lot's of unseen stuff.

And I concur, Florida can burn. G-Town all the way.
PostMon Mar 26, 2007 8:35 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
This afternoon, Bloody-Disgusting reporter Brian Collins writes in with a major update on Chad and Carey Hayes' remake of The Blob, which has been in development for quite sometime now. You can find all of the details inside. The Hayes' wrote Dark Castle and Warner Bros. Pictures' The Reaping, which hits theaters April 5.

When out doing the rounds for Dark Castle’s The Reaping (in theaters April 5), writers Chad and Carey Hayes, who also wrote 2005’s House of Wax, revealed a bit about the upcoming Blob remake, which they scripted for producer Scott Rudin.

Carey tells us: “It’s a B.L.O.B: Biological Lethal Organic Bomb. It was created by our own government in the 50s, they beta tested it, it almost got out of control, but they confined it. Now it’s back. But it’s a fast blob, there’s nothing slow, it’s got major attitude. It’s like Shaun of the Dead or Tremors.” They also told us that the remake will have an ensemble cast, and instead of a guy in the Steve McQueen/Kevin Dillon role, it will be a female. “We like having female leads,” Chad says.

Unfortunately with Scott Rudin leaving Paramount and going over to Disney, the future of the project is up in the air, but hopefully things will get sorted out, as according to Carey, “It’s a big summer movie.”

Starring Steve McQueen, the campy cult classic followed a mysterious creature from another planet that resembled a giant blob of jelly and went on a path of destruction as it grew bigger. The horror/sci-fi movie was remade in 1988 with Chuck Russell at the helm.
PostWed Apr 04, 2007 9:54 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Edward Norton has been set by Marvel Studios to play Bruce Banner in "The Incredible Hulk."

The Louis Leterrier-directed drama will be distributed by Universal Pictures, with an opening set for June 13, 2008.

It is a decided return to the mainstream for Norton, who recently has starred in such indies as "Down in the Valley," "The Painted Veil," and "The Illusionist." Pic will shoot this summer in Toronto.

Norton takes over a role played in the Ang Lee-directed "Hulk" by Eric Bana. Though that film opened strongly, it didn’t fare as well as other Marvel efforts, including "Spider-Man," "X-Men," "Fantastic Four" and, most recently, "Ghost Rider."

Marvel Studios, which has a $525 million credit facility obtained through Merrill Lynch, made "The Incredible Hulk" its second film under that arrangement, and seeks to make a sequel that is less self-serious and more in line with the comic series and TV show. Leterrier directed the action-filled "Transporter 2," and "Unleashed."

The new pic begins with Banner on the run, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into a misunderstood green menace.

"Edward Norton is a rare talent and one of the most versatile actors in the business," Marvel Studios production president Kevin Feige said in a statement. "His ability to transform into a particular role makes him the ideal choice to take on the character of Bruce Banner and the Hulk. Edward is perfectly suited to bring one of the most popular and important Marvel icons to the bigscreen in a new and exciting way."

The script for "The Incredible Hulk" was written by Zak Penn, who had a hand in crafting two "X-Men" films, "Fantastic Four" and "Elektra" for Marvel.

"The Incredible Hulk" is being produced by Avi Arad, Gale Anne Hurd and Marvel’s Feige. Jim Van Wyck, David Maisel, Ari Arad and Stan Lee are exec producing.
PostMon Apr 16, 2007 4:55 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- After months of building Internet buzz, this can finally be reported as fact: Shia LaBeouf has been cast in the upcoming "Indiana Jones" movie.

Producer George Lucas and director Steven Spielberg announced Friday that LaBeouf will appear alongside Harrison Ford in the fourth installment of the adventure franchise, scheduled for release May 22, 2008. Production is set to begin in June.

"We are excited about bringing Shia into our Indy family," Spielberg said in a statement on the "Indiana Jones" Web site. "His talent has impressed not only his audiences throughout his young career but the directors, producers and fellow actors who have worked with him in his television career and now his film career."

Paramount, a division of Viacom Inc., declined Friday to say what role LaBeouf would be playing.

The 20-year-old actor had told The Associated Press in March that the persistent Internet rumors about his casting in the film were just that - rumors.

"The way that thing started, it's just wild how it snowballed," LaBeouf told the AP then. "I don't have a deal on the table, it's just a rumor. Would I do it? In a second. It'd be working for a legend and working with legends. Who wouldn't? But is it something I'm doing right now? No. I'm an out-of-work actor."
PostMon Apr 16, 2007 5:22 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Frank Miller will direct a live-action feature adaptation of Will Eisner's classic comicbook hero The Spirit, according to Daily Variety. Lionsgate Films will handle domestic and U.K. distribution rights as well as co-finance and co-produce the film with Odd Lot Entertainment, who was selling the film at Cannes last week. Miller also wrote the screenplay for the movie, for which the production start will be influenced by the start date for the Sin City sequel that Miller is creating with director Robert Rodriguez.

The Spirit will be Miller's solo directorial debut.

Superhero Hype has a first look at Heath Ledger's Joker makeup for The Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan's follow-up to Batman Begins.

Ew. Shocked
PostTue May 22, 2007 4:18 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Superhero Hype has a first look at Heath Ledger's Joker makeup for The Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan's follow-up to Batman Begins.

Ew. Shocked

After that photo was fully uncovered, the viral site changed into another riddle.

The page may look like a 404, but think again...

1) Right-click on the page and hit "Select All."
2) Copy and paste it into Notepad.
3) Pull down the Edit menu and click "Replace."
4) Type "HA" (without quotes) in the Find box, then click "Replace All."

There's a hidden message!
PostTue May 22, 2007 11:21 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
Drink More Ovaltine!
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed May 23, 2007 3:59 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
Holy shit! That junk made me feel like I was in the Matrix!
PostWed May 23, 2007 8:17 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Quote:
It's official: Dimension Films has announced that Rob Zombie will, indeed, write and direct a remake of Halloween. While it's not being billed as a "remake," it's essentially Rob Zombie's "reimagining" (...Uh huh. Whatever.) of the Halloween legacy. Sez Dimension, "Zombie's vision of this film is an entirely new take on the legend and will satisfy fans of the classic Halloween legacy while beginning a new chapter in the Michael Myers saga." What that exactly is remains unclear but they were quick to point out that Zombie's film "will not be a copycat of any prior films." In addition to writing and directing, Zombie will co-produce as well as serve as musical supervisor. Zombie official comment on the project was: "I have been a huge, huge fan of John Carpenter's original film since its release. So when Bob Weinstein approached me about this, I jumped at the chance to join forces with Dimension Films on this amazing project."

Source: JoBlo

Trailer
PostWed Jun 06, 2007 9:31 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cast set for 'Watchmen'
Crudup, Wilson, Goode added to WB feature
By DIANE GARRETT, DIANE GARRETT, MICHAEL FLEMING, Daily Variety

Warner Bros. has landed its Watchmen: Billy Crudup, Patrick Wilson and Matthew Goode have gotten their hooks into Zack Snyder's adaptation of the iconic "Watchmen" comicbook.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Jackie Earle Haley and Malin Akerman have also landed key roles in the ensemble project, Snyder's follow-up to "300."

Snyder, who took on the project a year ago, will unveil the ensemble at Comic-Con, and rumors have been swirling about the casting for weeks. His presence is expected to set off a frenzy like that of last year, when he stoked enthusiasm for "300" at the confab.

Not to be outdone, the studio's homevid division has planned a big party celebrating the DVD launch of "300" at Comic-Con.

Legendary Pictures is co-financing the pic, being produced by Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin with Deborah Snyder, and Snyder plans on using a similar greenscreen technique as he did with "300."

"Watchmen" has taken decades to get off the ground. Based on Alan Moore's 1980s comicbook series, the adaptation will be set in an alternate 1985 with plenty of Cold War overtones.

Crudup will play the fatalistic Dr. Manhattan, a role Keanu Reeves once eyed, while Wilson will portray Night Owl, a rich kid interested in birds.

Goode nabbed the part of the glamorous Ozymandias, a role once tagged for Jude Law, and Morgan has been cast as the Comedian, a Vietnam vet who's a member of the Minutemen. Haley and Akerman round out the cast as Rorschach, a vigilante, and Silk Spectre, the key femme role.

The adaptation has bounced from studio to studio for years, with Fox, Warner, Universal, Revolution and Paramount trying to make a go of it before Warner took it on a second time. Paul Greengrass, Darren Aronofsky and Terry Gilliam are among the directors who once eyed the project.

Crudup, who just won a Tony for "Coast to Utopia," is skedded to start production Aug. 1 on "Pretty Bird" with Paul Giamatti.

Wilson most recently starred in "Passengers" and is currently shooting "Lakeview Terrace." Goode most recently starred in "The Lookout" and is currently shooting "Brideshead Revisited." Haley, who rocketed back into prominence with "Little Children," has several projects in the works, including "Semi-Pro." Morgan, best known for his appearance in "Grey's Anatomy," will appear in "The Accidental Husband." Akerman next co-stars in the "Heartbreak Kid" redo and is known for recurring roles on "Entourage" and "The Comeback."
PostWed Jul 25, 2007 9:10 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Although it was once a bizarre rumor, director Ridley Scott has confirmed his plans to work on a movie based off the popular board game, Monopoly. Speaking to The LA Times, Scott says: "Monopoly is still the most popular board game -- I might be misquoting! -- in the world. So it's really finding the universe for that game. Because clearly it ought to be humorous and for the family -- the funny way it brings out, particularly when your uncle suddenly gets Park Lane and -- in England, we have Park Lane, Mayfair and Barclay Square, what's it in America? Park and Madison? So you watch people change. You're witness to Jekyll and Hyde. Somewhere in that is a hysterically amusing and I think rather exciting film." I imagine he's referring to Park Place and Boardwalk -- two of the most expensive and lucrative spots in the American version.

Aside from trying to imagine what a Ridley Scott version of Monopoly would look like (keep in mind this is the guy who brought us Alien, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, and the upcoming, sure-to-be-Oscar-nominated American Gangster), I also wonder if there's a way to make this a family-oriented movie. Even the LA Times asks whether the film will focus on "our gilded age of greed," to which Scott replied: "That as well. Isn't that comical?" I have not played one game of Monopoly that hasn't ended in a fight (one came close to ending in a fist fight), so to bring this down to a level that kids and adults can relate to -- well, it could be tough. On whether Scott will look to the big-screen version of the board game Clue as a reference, he admits to not "really" seeing it, but at the same time says: "But I think it was quite clever." Personally, I think it will all come down to the characters. And no, I don't think the game pieces should be characters that talk. A thimble? C'mon. Do you think a Monopoly movie could work?

Source: Cinematical
PostFri Aug 10, 2007 1:31 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Todd McFarlane will bring his own take on 'The Wizard of Oz' to the bigscreen.

Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures are teaming on "Oz," a revisionist take on the L. Frank Baum books that hatched "The Wizard of Oz."
Project was acquired based on an idea by Todd McFarlane that was fleshed out and pitched by Josh Olson ("A History of Violence").

Olson will write and McFarlane will produce with Thunder Road’s Basil Iwanyk. Rick Benattar ("Shoot ’Em Up") is exec producer.

Conversations with McFarlane and Olson make it clear that they are still working out the tone of the film. They have plenty to work with. WB has owned the rights to the original "The Wizard of Oz" since buying Ted Turner’s empire, whose assets included the film and other plum titles in the MGM library. There are also 15 novels in the Oz series written by Baum, most in the public domain.

McFarlane has a vision of Oz that is a dark, edgy and muscular PG-13, without a singing Munchkin in sight. That was clear with a toy line he launched several years ago that featured a buxom Dorothy and Toto reimagined as an oversized snarling warthog. Olson has something a little tamer, and PG, in mind.

"I saw those toys, and Dorothy as some bondage queen isn’t something I want to do," Olson told Daily Variety. "The appealing thing about the Baum books to me is how wildly imaginative they are. There are crazy characters from amazing places. I want this to be ‘Harry Potter’ dark, not ‘Seven’ dark."

Both McFarlane and Olson are on the same page when it comes to the promise of marrying the Baum story with benefits of visual effects advancements.

"My pitch was ‘How do we get people who went to ‘Lord of the Rings’ to embrace this?’ " McFarlane said. "I want to create (an interpretation) that has a 2007 wow factor. You’ve still got Dorothy trapped in an odd place, but she’s much closer to the Ripley from ‘Alien’ than a helpless singing girl."

Olson was keeping plot specifics to himself but said the film will be closer to a sequel than a remake.

"We still want to take advantage of the first film, which might be the most beloved of all time, and rely on its place in your cultural memory to bubble beneath the surface," Olson said. "A lot of the plot is mine, but the characters are all Baum."

McFarlane, a former Marvel Comics animator who created "Spawn," is working on several producing projects, such as Paramount’s "The Torso," which has David Fincher attached to direct. McFarlane is producing with Bill Mechanic and Don Murphy.
PostWed Aug 22, 2007 3:41 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Iron Man trailer is go!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/
PostMon Sep 10, 2007 9:55 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: