нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - .hack//Confusion?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
.hack//Confusion?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject: .hack//Confusion?
alright, i'm trying to figure out the whole .hack//[name] thing and what goes where in the timeline...the old thread touched on a few things, but was laced with game spoilers that i didn't want to accidentally read, so if this has already been addressed, then i apologize...

okay, we have .hack//SIGN, which is the 26 episode series that cn is airing...i'm told the games follow the ending of the series, so .hack//Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarantine would follow...these of course come with .hack//Liminality, which i'm thinking takes place alongside the actions in the game (i've only watched/played volume one thus far, so i can't truely tell just yet...)

now i'm reading that there's actually more to .hack//SIGN than what has been aired, as news about the sixth dvd mentions episode 28, meaning that there would logically be an episode 27 as well...AnimeOnDVD says that this isn't .hack//GIFT, which i guess is something else that i've never even heard of...i've also read up on a second anime that i'm assuming takes place after the games, though i don't know the name of it, and beyond that there's some graphic novels in existance as well...

needless to say, i'm a bit overwhelmed and quite confused here...can someone sort out this .hack mess and educate me on the subject without spoiling anything?
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 2:14 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
As far as I can tell the 4 games take place either during the series or right after, im not sure on that. Liminality takes place during the game storyline as events that happen in the ova make more sense after certain parts of the game have passed. the series after that is Dusk, and that takes place either 5 or 10 years after the events of the game. Now I don't know as much as i want to, but I hope that helped you out somewhat.
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 2:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
There is also a side mini-series, .Hack//Bracelet. It is set in the .hack// univerese so it bears the .hack// name but little relevance to the rest of the series.
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 3:22 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
.hack//SIGN
Format: TV series
Setting: Game World
The 26 episode TV series.

.hack//Intermezzo
Format: OAV
The .hack//SIGN bonus episode.

.hack//Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, Quarantine
Format: PS2 Games
Setting: Game World, 6 months after the events in .hack//SIGN

.hack//Liminality
Format: OAV (included with the four PS2 games)
Setting: Real world, during the PS2 games

.hack//Integration
The stand-alone release of the .hack//Liminality OAVs that came with the PS2 games. Includes a new OAV .hack//Unison and a sound drama from .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet.

.hack//GIFT
An "omake theater" type short that contains characters from .hack//SIGN, .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet, and the games.

.hack//DUSK (a.k.a. .hack//Legend of the Twilight)
Format: Manga
Setting: Game World, 4 years after the events in .hack//Quarantine

.hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet
Format: TV
Setting: see .hack//DUSK (above)
A 12 episode anime adaption of the manga version.

.hack//Enemy
Format: Trading card game

Source: http://www.dothackers.net/

Last edited by Beefy on Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 6:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
I would have guessed that someone with Subaru as an Avatar would know this.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 8:01 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I make it my business to know.
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 8:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beefy wrote:
.hack//SIGN
Format: TV series
The 26 episode TV series.

.hack//Intermezzo
The .hack//SIGN bonus episode.

.hack//Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, Quarantine
Format: PS2 Games
Setting: Game World, 6 months after the events in .hack//SIGN

.hack//Liminality
Format: OAV (included with the four PS2 games)
Setting: Real world, during the PS2 games

.hack//Integration
The stand-alone release of the .hack//Liminality OAVs that came with the PS2 games. Includes a new OAV .hack//Unison and a sound drama from .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet.

.hack//GIFT
An "omake theater" type short that contains characters from .hack//SIGN, .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet, and the games.

.hack//DUSK (a.k.a. .hack//Legend of the Twilight)
Format: Manga
Setting: Game World, 4 years after the events in .hack//Quarantine

.hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet
Format: TV
Setting: see .hack//DUSK (above)
A 12 episode anime adaption of the manga version.

.hack//Enemy
Format: Trading card game

Source: http://www.dothackers.net/

well now, that'll do quite nicely, and my suspicions of there being even more .hack stuff than i thought was right as well...

just for clarification's sake, based on the recent info from bandai concerning their dvd release, .hack//Intermezzo would be episode 27, and .hack//Unison would be 28, right?

geez...SIGN, Intermezzo, Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, Quarantine, Liminality, Unison, GIFT, DUSK, Legend of the Twilight Braclet...just what the hell have i gotten myself into?

Last edited by JJc14 on Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 8:38 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Just a theory but look...

Code:

DOT           .
HACK         //
SIGN        (referance to the fact that those are symbols or signs)

So the correct name for the show on the SVES is .//

See how wierd the titles really are?

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 8:43 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
just for clarification's sake, based on the recent info from bandai concerning their dvd release, .hack//Intermezzo would be episode 27, and .hack//Unison would be 28, right?

Yes.

JJc14 wrote:
geez...SIGN, Intermezzo, Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, Quarantine, Liminality, Unison, GIFT, DUSK, Legend of the Twilight Braclet...just what the hell have i gotten myself into?

A big marketing ploy.
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 8:54 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: