нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonicboom1

Post subject: Reply
Toonami is too alluring to give up, that it is.
Plus did you see yesterday's? That was sick. The sword collector looks alot like that guy from "Trigun" And the sword....that was a little much,
I have heard of flexable, but DAMN! That was just beastly!!!!

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

"..Then you break my video game,
Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 2:47 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Reply
sonicboom1 wrote:
I hope and pray that they do not rerun Kenshin.
That show is cool and it just got better! If Toonami has any sense,
they will NOT RERUN IT!!!!! ((Or I will boycott)) Just kidding.

Um, what? Isn't it a good thing is they show the series more than once?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 2:55 pm
sonicboom1

Post subject:
I meant rerun-ing episodes from the beginning. So we would have to wait all over again.......

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 2:58 pm
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
sonicboom1 wrote:
I meant rerun-ing episodes from the beginning. So we would have to wait all over again.......

eh, I'm sure they'll make it through the Kyoto Arc...after that, I think you're better off with the reruns; I'm about 1/3 of the way through "Tales of the Meiji," and it's about as dissapointing as I expected, so far
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 3:10 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
tuesday night:

cho and kenshin square off, and kenshin shows he is able to hold his ground despite his broken sword early on...cho eventually pulls out his ace, a sword with a blade so thin it basically defies gravity...kenshin struggles and we see the swordsmith's son realizing his father's words and deciding that kenshin should have his final work...

kenshin takes the sword, but is reluctant to draw it as it would likely kill cho, breaking his vow and restoring him to his former state as a manslayer...cho threatens the baby's life, forcing kenshin to attack, and after a very serious moment we realize that the final work was indeed a reverse bladed sword...

kenshin soon leaves misao's place after hearing that sejiro hiko's (the second man kenshin was looking for) location has been revealed...the focus shifts back to yahiko and karou, who are in kyoto following aoshi in hopes of finding kenshin...as misao chases after kenshin, she runs into yahiko and it's soon realized that both parties are looking for kenshin...
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 4:24 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
TheWorldWeKnow wrote:
sonicboom1 wrote:

eh, I'm sure they'll make it through the Kyoto Arc...after that, I think you're better off with the reruns; I'm about 1/3 of the way through "Tales of the Meiji," and it's about as dissapointing as I expected, so far

I've heard the later Kenshin Ep's aren't that great.
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 4:53 pm
sonicboom1

Post subject: Oh.
Never mind what I said.

Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 5:56 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
wednesday night (only a few hours after it aired!):

kenshin meets with seijiro and we're introduced to a very interesting character...he berates kenshin's ways and basically flat-out refuses to teach him the final techniques of the hiten mitsarougi...

karou and yahiko join misao as they all go to where seijiro is and karou finally gets to see kenshin again...seijiro asks them about kenshin's past and eventually reconsiders, saying he'd normally wouldn't teach it to him, but given the events with shishio he has to...

aoshi continues the "tokyo meets kyoto" intertwining by meeting with gramps about kenshin's location...gramps refuses to tell and aoshi leaves, "coincidentally" running into soujiro and he decides to go meet shishio in order to find kenshin...

karou, yahiko and misao depart, but yahiko suddenly remembers that he has to tell kenshin about aoshi, which of course piques misao's curiosity...karou promises to tell misao about what happened with the oniwabon group back in tokyo as the credits roll...

you know, this was so much easier to take when watching the dvd's as these cliffhangers this week have been rather painful...seijiro's already a great character in my book, as he comes off so natural, yet he can cause me to laugh so easily...

as for the comments about the third arc of the anime, i really don't wanna get into it yet since it hasn't aired and this is a toonami thread, but i thought the first few adventures were rather good, its just that it seemed the writers ran outta steam past the halfway point, to the point where i think the final adventure (around episodes 89-94) should've never been made...the basic problem i have with the whole thing ("tales of the meiji") is that since the creator had nothing to do with that arc, the character development basically stops, but like i said, i'll get more into all that later...

Last edited by JJc14 on Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
PostWed Jun 25, 2003 8:20 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
When is Sanosuke going to get to Kyoto?
PostThu Jun 26, 2003 6:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HitokiriAiko

Post subject:
I expect Sano will be showing up in Kyoto within the next few eps, but I honestly just want the whole Kenshin Gumi to be reunited again. The injustice of the episode when Kenshin and Kaoru pass in the street but don't see each other brought me to tears. And now Kenshin is kinda mad at her! Dang, I think I am taking this show and it's characters to seriously Rolling Eyes ... oh well, that's me! Wink
PostThu Jun 26, 2003 8:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
question for JJ, or whoever can answer it...

what does "Jo" mean? as in when Sano calls Kaoru "Jo-chan"
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 10:22 am
WooJae

Post subject:
Jo-sei, if I am not mistaken, means young woman or teenage girl or "Miss".

Jo-chan adds -chan which is like a term of endearment. So a very rough translation/interpretation would be, "Little Missy."
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 10:25 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
That makes sense. He calls her Little Missy in the American version, if I'm not mistaken.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 10:43 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
sounds like woojae covered it, which is good because i had no clue... =)

thursday night:

kenshin begins his training with seijiro hiko, and his master's ability compared to his is nothing short of amazing as kenshin can't get a hit on him...

the main focus here is on aoshi, as he basically joins up with shishio's group, letting them attack the remaining oniwabon in order to force information about kenshin's whereabouts...the attack fails, and gramps challenges aoshi to a duel...misao finds out and quickly runs to the site, only to see gramps killed in cold blood...to make things worse, the only thing aoshi tells her is to get out of his sight...

gramps is barely alive back at the restaurant and misao is handed a note written by him beforehand saying to disband the oniwabon and stay out of the brewing conflict with shishio...misao instead declares herself the new leader and promises to help kenshin in any way possible...
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 10:47 am
nightfall

Post subject:
I know that since they have 3 or 4 story arcs going it is hard to devote any great amount of time to any one sequence, but I hope they give more time to showing Kenshin's training. I don't want Kenshin to show up tomorrow with "I learned the technique. You'll see it in action later."

I want to see the learning process. I want to see him struggle and sweat and bleed. Seijiro did say "let the torture begin." Something this important should not be easy.

Something else I expected to see: Seijiro notices the sharpness of Kenshin's eyes and comments they are the same as when he first took on Kenshin as an apprentice. I know from research that Kenshin was about 8ish. I expected a flashback to baby Kenshin! Again, probably time constraints kept them from throwing that in.
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 12:18 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 18 of 29

Jump to: