нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - "Wanna-be" Anime
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
"Wanna-be" Anime
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey Aron.

You're an elitist idiot.

End.

We here like cartoons. We don't care where they are from, or who made them, or what style they are in, as long as they are QUALITY. As long as they were made WELL. To deny that Teen Titans is made with quality is to deny art. Not art in the Picasso or Da Vinci sense, but art none the less.

We here at the Infolink are not denying anything, we are not wannabe anything. We just like cartoons.

And if you're going to be an animation bigot about it, then we don't like you.

Yes, bigot.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 8:24 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Don't worry Nobu, I'll handle this before ol' locky gets here.

This should take care of the problem.

MOD EDIT: CounterParadox took out the image here on the grounds that AngelHedgie does not warrant such an image.

Bah, I posted first. Ok, fine i'll save it for another post down lower.

Last edited by KingSpanky on Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 9:12 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
Aron, why don't you do everyone a favor and go fuck off. Because we don't appreciate little kids pissing in the pool from the diving board because they think they're shit hot. (And do yourself a favor - go buy The Elements of Style and read it before you embarass yourself further.)

A lot of us dislike the hardcore anime fandom because it's become a fetid pool of hypocrisy. A fandom that demands that anime be given more exposure and respect in the US while at the same time bitches when popular series are picked up by US distributors for commercial release. A fandom that demands a level of purity that doesn't even fucking exist anywhere. A fandom that blatantly justifies theft by saying that the industry wouldn't even exist without them. A fandom who is blind to the bad in their favorite titles. I could go on and on, but the fact is that you and your ilk are so fucking self-centered that you can't even consider that yes, there is a fucking world around you, and it doesn't play by your rules, and that maybe it has problems with things because of well-thought, principled stances and NOT kneejerk responses. I'm not a "wannabe", because there is no fucking way on God's green earth that I would ever WANT to be like you.

As for the word "otaku", allow me to explain to you why I find how anime fans in the US use it is offensive - in Japan, someone who is an otaku isn't just a fan, he or she is someone who is suffering from mental illness that is expressed in an unhealthy attachment to some hobby. As a person who has spent the majority of my adult life struggling with mental illness, to see American fans turning such a term into a badge of honor is sickening and cheapening, to say the least.

And as conterparadox has pointed out, most of us here are animation fans. That means that we enjoy and admire the talent and skill of Avery, Jones, Clampett, and such as much as that of Miyazaki, Anno, Tomino, et al. We understand how the different schools of animation from all over the world have interacted and changed each other. In short, we take a broad, open-minded view of animation that seeks out what is best, as opposed to your kind, who seem to think that the only good animation is that which comes with a "Made in Japan" sticker on it.

We're not defending a series here - we're defending a rich, nuanced, and historied artform that you and your ilk want to deface with your petty little brush. Go away, little man - your kind are not welcome here.

[/soapbox]

Edit: Gee, thanks, Spanky.

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 9:14 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey, I ain't editing it.
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 9:17 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Amen Angel. Amen. But I never knew you were like that... Wink

Hey Aron- respect my cultural heritage or we're going to have problems. Self-proclaimed "otaku" can also be described as "culture-destroying bastards", but most of us are nicer. Lighten up dude.
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 9:21 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh, before we lock this thread and Aron starts posting insults about TI in other threads, can I have his IP address?
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 9:26 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
KingSpanky wrote:
Oh, before we lock this thread and Aron starts posting insults about TI in other threads, can I have his IP address?

Why on Earth would we lock this? Wink
Although I think you should let me edit your post, unless that's how you truly feel about AH.
:edit: Nevermind, CP took care of it.
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 9:50 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
and on the IP address, no.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 7:42 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
pfffftt

panzy. Oh well, I have ways of tracking down the nubs, w/ or w/o an IP. Anyways, before someone else can add a post under this one (I'm watching you angel), i'll go ahead and repost the insult pic and therefore end the argument before the tard child returns.

PostTue Apr 19, 2005 8:05 am
Mr05

Post subject:
Aron, i cant believe u dude!
U had a good topic thought out but it seems to b u put it in the wrong place! Dude, most of us here just arent into anime like u r. We like other shows as well. I may not b a teen titans fan but that doesnt mean i hate it. I just turn off my tv or watch something else. If your going to bad mouth it, then do it on your crappy blog page! (dont worry ppl. i know this guy personally! ill beat his ass at school tomorrow!)

However; i am astonished to c how far this topic went!
But alot of it was mainly harsh, which is something i wasnt really expecting
Aron, u shouldnt bitch about every little thing that someone says so yea it is ur fault! But u all shouldnt get pissed by a noob shouting his opinion. Very un-fan like indeed. But im not here to criticize anyone cause im a fan myself. But Aron, word to the wise, dont ever make another topic that shows hate cause u wont last in the real world at this rate dude!

TOONAMI RULZ!!!!!!!!!!! Proud Supporter Very Happy
PostThu Apr 21, 2005 7:53 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
Is there some way we can papertrain noobs?

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostThu Apr 21, 2005 9:12 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Just thank GFPaperboy this time. His timing may have been off a few days and his target may have changed, but I say it was funny both times.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Apr 21, 2005 9:54 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
How did he predict the next poster would be that way? Or was he shooting from the hip again...

I move that some kind of language filter be installed- one that would change single "R's" "C's" and "U's" into their correct forms. This would contribute greatly to the clarity of many posts.

EDIT: And this filter would also remove the word "like" when it was used in the wrong context.
PostThu Apr 21, 2005 10:19 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thank you, thank you. I would like to thank the academy, Gundam, and Counter strike.
PostThu Apr 21, 2005 10:38 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
so basically the spelling and grammar check in Word?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Apr 21, 2005 10:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: