нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
There needs to be 1) a Dark Night Returns movie and 2) a Batman vs. Superman movie...directed by Tim Burton, just to make sure the right man wins Wink
PostThu Jul 29, 2004 3:25 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
actually there was going to be a batman vs superman. Wolfgang Peterson was to helm it. He's the dude behind Pirates of the Caribbean. I wanna see him do it. Burton had his go at the series already.
PostThu Jul 29, 2004 3:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Michael Keaton will join Lindsay Lohan in Herbie: Fully Loaded, a new movie in Disney's venerable The Love Bug franchise, Variety reported. Angela Robinson is directing. Keaton takes the role after completing First Daughter for director Forest Whitaker.

The original 1968 The Love Bug starred Dean Jones and Buddy Hackett in a comedy about a Volkswagen beetle with a mind of its own. Tom Lennon and Robert Ben Garant wrote the new Herbie, which sets the story in the world of NASCAR racing.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-07/30/08.30.film
PostSat Jul 31, 2004 9:44 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Steve Carell will star as bumbling secret agent Maxwell Smart in Warner Brothers' upcoming movie Get Smart, a remake of the 1960s spy-spoof TV show, which starred Don Adams, Variety reported. Screenwriter Steve Koren (Bruce Almighty) will tailor Get Smart to the comic actor.

Warner has been trying for several years to make a film of the secret-agent comedy, created by Mel Brooks and Buck Henry. Will Ferrell was attached last year, but he has been so busy that the project languished.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-08/03/11.15.film
PostTue Aug 03, 2004 7:05 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
NIP/TUCK's Julian McMahon has signed on to play the iron fisted Victor Von Doom in FANTASTIC FOUR. Doom -- second only in the Marvel villain pantheon by the X-MEN's Magneto (played by Sir Ian McKellan in those films) -- Victor is a college rival of FF patriarch Reed Richards (Ioan Gruffud, KING ARTHUR), until Doom's face is ruined in an accident he blames on Richards. Since then, Doom has realized his role as the hereditary leader of a small Romanian country and his quest for vengeance against the Richards clan, all while wearing a suit of high tech armor that disguises his deformities, both physical and mental.
PostTue Aug 03, 2004 8:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Matthew Lillard, who played Shaggy in the two live-action Scooby-Doo films, told SCI FI Wire that there is no hope for a third installment. "There will be no Scooby 3," Lillard said in an interview.

Lillard blamed the film's disappointing box-office performance. Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed made more than $80 million at the U.S. box office, but that fell far short of the original Scooby-Doo's $154 million haul. "The second one didn't do as well as it was expected to do, and I completely hold that to Warner Brothers' fault," Lillard said. "I think Warner Brothers made a mistake releasing it at the time they did [March 2004]. I think the movie's much better than the first movie, and I honestly thought it was going to do ridiculously good box office. But we had a bad timeslot. We had 13 movies open up in two weeks after we opened up. I mean, it did well, but it didn't do great, and it needed to do great."
PostWed Aug 04, 2004 6:55 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
In the wake of director Bryan Singer's decision to forgo a third X-Men film for Fox in favor of a proposed Superman movie for Warner Brothers, 20th Century Fox has terminated its production deal with Singer, and Warner has signed him up, Variety reported. In addition to Superman, Singer has signed on to helm Warner's Logan's Run remake. Fox reportedly asked Singer to vacate his offices on the Fox lot in Century City, Calif.

Insiders told Variety that Singer's Warner deal is not an expensive one, because Singer only develops projects he plans on shooting and is not the sort of producer who develops numerous projects or demands a hefty discretionary fund.

The third X-Men movie is now in limbo, but insiders told Variety that Singer would be happy to be involved with the movie, even if only as a producer, though that's Fox's call.
PostSat Aug 07, 2004 6:36 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
A spokesman from DreamWorks confirmed to Sci Fi Wire that the upcoming supernatural sequel film The Ring 2, starring Naomi Watts and Simon Baker, has been pushed back to Spring 2005 from its original November release date because of production delays. The sequel to 2002's hit The Ring, based on the Japanese Ringu movies, ran into problems when the studio and first-time director Noam Murro parted ways in March over "creative differences."

Murro was replaced by the director of the original Ringu films, Hideo Nakata, but subsequent delays have caused scheduling conflicts with leading lady Watts, who is supposed to start filming King Kong for Peter Jackson in New Zealand this month.
PostMon Aug 09, 2004 7:09 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fay Wray passed away.
PostTue Aug 10, 2004 7:16 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
In the wake of director Bryan Singer's decision to forgo a third X-Men film for Fox in favor of a proposed Superman movie for Warner Brothers, 20th Century Fox has terminated its production deal with Singer, and Warner has signed him up, Variety reported. In addition to Superman, Singer has signed on to helm Warner's Logan's Run remake. Fox reportedly asked Singer to vacate his offices on the Fox lot in Century City, Calif.

Insiders told Variety that Singer's Warner deal is not an expensive one, because Singer only develops projects he plans on shooting and is not the sort of producer who develops numerous projects or demands a hefty discretionary fund.

The third X-Men movie is now in limbo, but insiders told Variety that Singer would be happy to be involved with the movie, even if only as a producer, though that's Fox's call.

UPDATE:

Joss Whedon has signed up to direct X-Men 3.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-08/12/12.00.film
PostThu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:

Joss Whedon has signed up to direct X-Men 3.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-08/12/12.00.film

Not according to the article you linked:
Quote:
"Nobody has approached me about the X-Men franchise," Whedon said in an interview. But, he added, "would I like to make an X-Men movie? That'd be bitchin'. And I really think that, you know, I actually really like those actors, and I really like those characters, and I think there's a lot that could be done with it, and I think it would be a romp. But I'm not setting my sights on that."

PostThu Aug 12, 2004 9:32 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ben Kingsley has been signed to play the vampire Kagan, the evil ruler of an army of bloodsuckers, in the film adaptation of the videogame BLOODRAYNE, opposite Kristanna Loken (TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES), the ASSOCIATED PRESS reported. The film chronicles the adventures of a half-vampire, half-human in 18th-century Romania who has the super strength of a monster countered by the emotions of a person.

Loken will play the heroine, a half-vampire, who must overthrow Kingsley's character –who is also her father – in order to save the world from the living dead. The $47 million movie is set to begin filming in Romania this month from a script by Guinevere Turner, according to videogame publisher Majesco, which released the game.

BLOODRAYNE is being produced by 1st Boll Kino Beteiligungs GmbH and Rightlight Pictures Inc. with director Uwe Boll (HOUSE OF THE DEAD, ALONE IN THE DARK), who keeps scoring with his adaptations of videogames to the big screen.
PostFri Aug 13, 2004 12:50 am
primalbliss

Post subject:
Don't know if any of you read fantasy novels but one that I have read and am reading again is the Runelord Saga by David Farland, if you haven't read it I highly recommend it, the series is by far one of the best I have ever read. Anyway to relate this to the movie thread I just found out the are making it into a movie, the first one due out sometime in 2006. If you want more nFo go to Runelords.com. If you have read the books than I am just wondering if anyone is as excited as I am...
PostFri Aug 13, 2004 12:50 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Kevin Smith is making another convenience store run.

The writer-director of Dogma, Chasing Amy, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back told the Associated Press on Friday that he has begun work on a sequel to Clerks, his homemade indie classic from 1994.

That $27,000 movie, shot at night in a store where Smith worked, chronicled the adventures of Dante and Randal, two guys who talk about life, death, sex and movies while working at neighboring stores.

The sequel picks up 10 years later.

"It's about what happens when that lazy, 20-something malaise lasts into your 30s. Those dudes are kind of still mired, not in that same exact situation, but in a place where it's time to actually grow up and do something more than just sit around and dissect pop culture and talk about sex," Smith said during an interview at his Hollywood office. "It's: What happened to these dudes?"

A new 10th anniversary DVD of Clerks debuts Sept. 7, and Smith said working on that three-disc set inspired him to write about what became of those characters.

The sequel - titled The Passion of the Clerks - is set to begin shooting in January. Miramax Films, which turned the original into a cult-hit after buying it at the Sundance Film Festival, plans to distribute the follow-up.

"It's funny, it's very raw, insanely foul-mouthed. In many ways it's the antithesis of Jersey Girl," Smith said, referring to his recent PG-13 comedy with Ben Affleck as the widowed father of a little girl.

Smith is also writing the screenplay for a movie version of The Green Hornet, but no longer thinks he will direct it. The Clerks movie has moved to the top of his to-do list.

He said he called Jeff Anderson, who played the combative video-store worker Randal, and Brian O'Halloran, who was the besieged-by-strangeness convenience store employee Dante, to run the idea by them first.

"Jeff was actually very protective of Clerks," Smith said. "Jeff was like, 'Are you sure you want to do this? That movie means a lot to people and do you want to go back?' I thought about it honestly, and it would seem chicken to not give it a shot just because I'm afraid of (messing) with the first film."

So far, he said he has gotten only positive responses from the people who have read the script, so he decided to move forward with it. Both O'Halloran and Anderson are signed on, and Jason Mewes, will return as stoner Jay, the "hetero life-mate" of Smith's stoic Silent Bob.

"I'm sure there will be naysayers who say, 'Oh my God, it's an opportunistic grab at a buck,' but it's not. We're doing it for nothing," Smith said. "We're going to do it insanely inexpensively. The budget will be somewhere between 250 grand and $5 million."

The original was shot pre-dawn, and most of the actors worked for free and then went straight to their day-jobs with little or no sleep.

"This time around we'll afford ourselves the luxury of nice 12-hour days," Smith said. "And people can get paid."

Source: The Seattle Post-Intelligencer
PostSat Aug 28, 2004 12:35 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
We should celebrate, but I'm too tired. My back hurts.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostSun Aug 29, 2004 11:13 am
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32

Jump to: