нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Zeta Gundam.....Suit Up!...but when??
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Zeta Gundam.....Suit Up!...but when??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zer0

Post subject: Zeta Gundam.....Suit Up!...but when??
Well Im pretty sure most of you have heard Zeta is coming to Toonami, but dose anyone know a good estimate of when?? And how about you, are you looking forward? Is is right up your alley, or are you just not a big Gundam fan?

I'm siked for it! There hasnt been any gundam on toonami in a good while. G Gundam airs saturday nights but we've been there, done that. We new some new fresh stuff. So your thoughts????
PostFri Aug 01, 2003 5:55 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zeta Gundam is coming in 2004.

The only Gundam series coming out this year is SD Gundam, which is coming September 1.
PostFri Aug 01, 2003 5:59 pm
BebopDeathGod

Post subject:
Actually, bandai has arranged to contract with a television station in the US yet. It will most likely be aired on CN but its air date and timeslot, etc have not been aranged yet. Also Zeta Gundam is going to bereleased in a complete bi-lingual DVD boxed set before its initial airing.

SD gundam is tentatively set to begin airing this October on toonami in america with no date set yet for Japan.

Gundam SEED, a few american VA's have let it slip that they have been cast for voice rolls in Gundam SEED. This will probably be the next series to come here after Zeta.

Gundam F91 is the next step after Chars Counterattack. It was originally planed to be a 52 episode TV series and then it was retooled and created as a feature film.

So thats the round up for all the upcoming gundam that we know of.
PostSat Aug 02, 2003 11:07 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Maybe it's just me, but doesn't it seem ironic that Toonami (or Adult Swim, I can't remember exactly which right now) cut MS Gundam before it finished around the time we were reeling from 9/11, and now we're getting a much more horrific war saga in the form of Zeta after finishing a major military action? Art imitates life, indeed!

Anyways, I'm just psyched to be getting Zeta over here at all. It's not quite as philosophical as Char's Counterattack, but has a more war-trauma-esque message than MS Gundam. If you want the full Zeta experience, pray for Adult Swim. As for SEED, we'll see.....
PostSat Aug 02, 2003 9:46 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rycel wrote:
If you want the full Zeta experience, pray for Adult Swim.

Actually, the rumor right now is that Zeta is headed to both blocks (edited on Toonami and uncut on Adult Swim).

If the rumor turns out to be true, one can guess which version will probably get more ratings...
PostSat Aug 02, 2003 11:08 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
BebopDeathGod wrote:
Gundam SEED, a few american VA's have let it slip that they have been cast for voice rolls in Gundam SEED. This will probably be the next series to come here after Zeta.

Confirmed at Otakon:
Quote:
According to Mecha Anime HQ Bandai announced SEED at their panel at Otakon. Additionally, Bandai warned fansubbers to stay away from Gundam SEED 2, suggesting that Bandai is also interested aquiring it, just like everything else Gundam.

PostSun Aug 10, 2003 3:30 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Next year will be the year of the Gundam- 102 episodes(assuming SEED makes it to 52 eps) and a two hour movie. The most Gundam released in the US in a single year. BANZAI! Zeta, SEED, and F91!
PostSun Aug 10, 2003 1:09 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
BANZAI! Zeta

Actually that's kinda funny you said that. Cause here in Miami the Rock station is called ZETA and they have a huge concert once a year called BANZAI, usu. around april. well, i saw about 12 or so episodes of SEED via Chinese bootlegs E-BAY. The first four Episodes had horrible subs. But they got better, a LOT better. Razz

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSun Aug 10, 2003 1:54 pm
RX-93

Post subject:
Zeta + Toonami = COMPLETE hackjob

I can't wait for Zeta to air... it will BLOW the Wingers out of the water Very Happy
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 8:58 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
RX-93 wrote:
I can't wait for Zeta to air... it will BLOW the Wingers out of the water Very Happy

I wouldn't really bet on that. If I've learned one thing about Gundam fandom (gundam fandom, gunDUM fanDUM...whatever) it's that AU (Alternate Universe) fans tend to stick with their series of choice. Trying to sway them away is like getting blood from a turnip. Just take a look at how well MS Gundam went over when they had it on. Chances are if they like GW, they won't even bat an eye at Zeta.

PS. The only exception I am willing to mention is fans of UC and SEED. Because share so much in common (at least initially), there's a much greater chance of shared interest.
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 9:08 pm
GoufCustom

Post subject:
After, only seeing three episode of Zeta Gundam. I must say it OWNS...ALL IN THE GUNDAM UNIVERSE! Twisted Evil

Zeta coming to CN, that's good; Zeta coming out on Toonami... sucks; Zeta coming to Adult Swim, that's even better. Zeta being released as a box set... ORGASMIC! Embarassed
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 10:35 pm
RX-93

Post subject:
Rycel wrote:
it's that AU (Alternate Universe) fans tend to stick with their series of choice. Trying to sway them away is like getting blood from a turnip.

I was a big fan of Gundam Wing at first... then I watched UC... big change of heart there... now I hate Wing... Too many people (or at least kids and teenagers) think Wing is god... >.<
PostThu Aug 21, 2003 8:12 am
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
RX-93 wrote:
Too many people (or at least kids and teenagers) think Wing is god... >.<

There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking GW. Unfortunately, most of its fans like it for the wrong reasons. If you like snappy visuals and lots of explosions, go watch a Terantino film. But GW's real appeal is something that its core audience (at least here) misses out on: the intellectual issues. While the UC series are focused on the philosophical debate of ethics in war, the purpose for armed conflict, and even rationalization for global eco-terrorism, GW is a more concentrated on one question: "What constitutes true freedom?" This issue has more to do with politics than anything else, but it also branches a bit into philosophy. "What is freedom? Are freedom and peace one in the same? Can freedom be attained through war? How can peace and freedom be maintained if one is not prepared to kill for it?" Unfortunately, most of these are lost on the young GW fans who are more concerned with how "Heero 1z k00L n H3 c4N k1Ck Z3Ck'$ @$$!!!!!!"
PostThu Aug 21, 2003 3:05 pm
Zer0

Post subject:
The problem here is that people spend to much time arguing about UC and AU. They think its uncool to like AU because its just a "fad" so to speak. But you're hard core Gundam if you like UC. They are both mecha shows about mobile suits. AU is good and I happened to still love wing. And I also like UC. Gundam is Gundam, and if you ARE a hardcore gundam fan, then you should like both and not descrimenate one or the other for reasons which are just plain stupid!
PostThu Aug 21, 2003 9:00 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Zer0 wrote:
Gundam is Gundam, and if you ARE a hardcore gundam fan, then you should like both and not descrimenate one or the other for reasons which are just plain stupid!

I totally agree. There's something for everyone, and everything for someone. Let us look towards the day when UC and AV fanatics bury the hatchet and join together in merrriment and mutual enjoyment of giant robots and massive explosions. UTOPIA!!!
PostThu Aug 21, 2003 10:19 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: