нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - (Show Us Your Arsenal!) Now we know...
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
(Show Us Your Arsenal!) Now we know...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well according to Plato, no one truly exists...we are merely appearances, the only real thing is the form of a human being.....
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 9:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
So...there is no spoon?
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 9:29 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Discloner wrote:
Heh, I've lurked for a while...I believe I've posted once or twice before....

...but yeah. Thanks! Very Happy

Shit, and you've been a member for well over a year . . .

Well, welcome aboard!

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 9:55 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
So...there is no spoon?

No, but there is a fork. You can come to my place if you wish to borrow it.
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 11:28 pm
Discloner

Post subject:
I've gotta be honest....

I preffer the 'Spork', of which, I have plenty.
PostThu Feb 12, 2004 1:55 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Why does everyone go for the spork. It sucks that there is almost no praise of the spife.
PostThu Feb 12, 2004 9:49 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Discloner

Post subject:
Spife < Spork.

Its a proven fact.

...Now Spinese Spicks are a totally diffrent story.
PostThu Feb 12, 2004 3:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ah, but nothing beats the ksporfe (the k is silent).
PostThu Feb 12, 2004 9:46 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
to temporarily bring things back to topic, my dialup has finally finished downloading the top five creations, and i decided to sit down and review each one...

---
1.) S.cry.ed Toonami Intro (Kaiser)

Talk about intense, this intro easily ranks as one of the best I've ever seen, real or not. I really dug the "No way!" screams leading into "...there's just no way that all their power can be bad..." line. The tag line at the end into the custom-made title card just made the preceding greatness that much better. Finally, the music fit perfectly, especially the break-up as the title card rolled across.

I know nothing about this series, but just seeing this intro makes me hope it comes to TV sometime soon.

2.) Dai-Guard Toonami Intro (Gold Roger)

After watching this, I immediately downloaded and looked at the intro used during Giant Robot Week for comparison. The "setting" quote used at the beginning reminded me immediately of great intros in the past (Big O's quickly came to mind), and the familiar music helped in the illusion, making this feel like a true intro. Highlights include the synchronized punches, an amazing use of layering voices, and the title card looking all but being stolen from a computer at Williams Street.

If Dai-Guard does get a run on Toonami, I think this intro should be petitioned by the community for use.

3.) Gunslinger Girl Toonami Trailer (Karl Olson)

Holy shi... First things first, the music alone sold this entire trailer. If everything else were to be stripped except for the video and music track, I think it still would have won. Amazingly, everything else just made it even better.

I originally thought the narration was from a character in the series, so when I found out it was Karl Olson himself, well, perhaps he should consider doing some voice work professionally. The first and last images were very creative, and the style of the whole thing, wow, just wow... If Karl isn't already working for Williams Street, they better start calling him.

I don't know anything about Gunslinger Girl, and the chilling effect of the trailer may actually cause hesitation if I ever do get access to it. This gets my personal vote as the best of the top five.

4.) Gatekeepers Toonami Trailer (Andrew & Matthew Richards)

It's hard to find a word other than "epic" to place this with, and while I was trying not to sound like the "Winners" paragraph, there's really no way around it. The narration script sounds like something Peter Cullen would read word-for-word, and while the narrator sounded a bit over the top in the beginning, he quickly became comfortable and came off like a professional overall. The music was great, especially the kick-in after "...aliens", action scenes were spliced naturally, and the use of an ending tagline ("Open the gate...") was perfect.

Another series I don't know about, but from what was shown, it looks like one of the more viable candidates to actually appear on the block someday.

5.) Megaman Toonami Opener (Duke)

Ah, Megaman... Talk about bringing back some childhood memories. I could ramble on and on about coming home from grade school by 3:30 in order to catch it, but I'll try to focus on Duke's creation...

Sure the video quality looks a bit down compared to the other winners, but it's about more than that. The spoken clips chosen were solid, and while Wily's rant in the middle felt a bit long for a 30 second intro, the last ten seconds were gold (especially the ending, which reminded me of the G.I. Joe Midnight Run intro). Combined with a themed title card at the end, good stuff all around.
---

a belated congratulations to the winners for making some truly great promos/openers...i hope to do a similar review format for just about all of the other submissions whenever i can get them all downloaded, so expect something hopefully around march 2005...

we now return to your regularly scheduled miscellaneous off-topic discussion...
PostSat Feb 14, 2004 3:59 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I could burn them to CD and mail them to you faster...
PostFri Feb 20, 2004 12:41 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: