нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightfall

Post subject:
I just had a thought! (No, it didn't hurt)

JJc14 put all our feelings into words over being limited to one ep a week from now on. At the beginning of the Kyoto arc someone waaaaaay back in the pages speculated how CN would handle the blood/violence and especially Shishio's end. And now Big O is uncut (pretty much).

Could this be CN's way to be able to show more?! Put it on later in the day? Huh? Huh? Very Happy

Or is that just hopeful thinking and this is just more of CN's scheduling shenanigans and the show will be edited as much as ever. Confused
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 12:59 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
I must admit, I never wanted to see Kenshin Edited. That is why I got them of a Unnamed source. I will by the boxed sets when they come out.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 1:43 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Gah, this whole 'taking Kenshin off Toonami' thing is bugging me. Why? 2 reasons. A) One sword fight a week is not enough. More importantly, B) I just KNOW I'm going to forget to tape and/or watch it in it's new time slot.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 5:19 pm
Wolfwood758

Post subject:
wat happened to ruroni kenshin? They replaced it with Yu Yu Hakisho. I hate that show. Because there are too many shows with ppl with powers Sad ex. DBZ, Inuyasha, Ninja Scroll, etc. Thbey shoud show kkenshin cause it has a realistic and historical value that really happened. Neways, Damn! first they take out the anime Adult Swim, not they took rurouni kenshin to? wtf. Cartoon Network's getting gay.
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 7:40 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
I'm still puzzled as to why Cartoon Network didn't put Rurouni Kenshin on Adult Swim in the first place. It was practically MADE for AS. As for the time change... Evil or Very Mad 12:30 am would have been a much better time for it, right after .Hack(instead of the weirdly out of place[time-wise] G.I. Joe).
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 8:13 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
from what i understand, the people behind toonami had no say in the matter and basically had to "give up" the show to the saturday block...i mean, just a week ago the bumpers were considering kenshin "the best" of the block, and ratings have apparently been strong, so i couldn't see any reason for williams street to remove the show other than they were told to...

anybody know more about the "behind the scenes" stuff? i'd hate for this to become common practice, though i suppose one kenshin a week is still better than none...
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 8:43 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Again, the part that bugs me most is that I know I'm going to forget to watch it.

In a way, it's good, because it makes the show last longer. We're spoiled, what with our typical 5 eps a week. In Japan, they had to wait a week for the next ep to come out. Now, we do too, and in a way, it makes the joy of watching last much longer. And it adds interest into the new SVES block.

However, they should really advertise the move more. CN doens't advertise it's scheduleing changes enough. Scratch that. They don't advertise them at all. Then we get people like Wolfwood up there complaining about how CN removed Kenshin from the airwaves for the rest of eternity and he'll never be able to see the remaining eps of the Kyoto arc because of CN's evil ways. (He could have simply read the front page of TI to get the news on the time switch, I have no pity for people who can't even read the news on a news site like this.)

PostWed Jul 09, 2003 10:40 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
friday, july 4 (only nine days late...):

sano and anji continue their battle, though it's soon revealed just why a man like anji would join up with shishio through a glimpse at his past...once a gentle man, a clash with some rather evil people looking out only for themselves, even taking the lives of innocent children to line their pockets, created his current state, a hate-filled man who has sworn to help dissolve the meiji government in order to create his ideal world...

as we know, sano went through a similiar ordeal back in the "wandering samurai" arc, torn about his feelings fo the meiji due to his own past...he knows there are good people in this current time that would only suffer if anji has his way, and the two fighters exchange futai noki wami blows left and right, until sano is finally able to reach anji and convince him that his current path is wrong...with both fighters wounded, kenshin gives the medical ointment from megumi to anji, who promises to watch over sano while kenshin and saito move onto round two, usuei...

saturday night:

we learn more about usuei's "eye of the heart", and saito decides to accept the challenge...sano is able to catch up, and him and kenshin move onto the next duel (knowing the threat back in kyoto), leaving the two fighters alone...

usuei is able to block saito's gatotsu, and while he tries to intimidate, his efforts are futile...saito then speaks of his "eye of the heart", observations gained from participating in many deathmatches...he strikes a chord when mentioning that usuei knows he cannot defeat shishio, causing him to take out his shield and take the attack...saito's gatotsu bounces harmlessly off the shield due to its roundness, and usuei gets in a few attacks...despite the cuts, saito continues to attack his pride, and usuei goes in for the final blow, only to pinned to the wall by the gatotsu zero technique (which actually throws the sword toward its target)...since saito has no oath like kenshin, he watches as usuei's life ends...

kenshin and sano run toward soujiro for the third duel, but kenshin suddenly stops at a door as we get aoshi's return thrown into the mix of things...
PostSun Jul 13, 2003 11:31 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm guessing Saito's sword pinned Usuei to the wall but they edited that out . . .

And it seems that all the cool moves are shown so fast I can't really tell what's happening.

Either way, I'm trying to figure this out. Aoshi, Soujiro, and Shishio remain. Sano is beat to hell, Saito is fairly cut up, and Kenshin barely beat Aoshi the last time they fought, and this time Aoshi is stronger (even though Kenshin is too.) Point is, I doubt Sano could fight again without getting killed. Saito could possibly weaken Soujiro, but that still leaves Aoshi, finishing his duel with Soujiro, and taking down Shishio, ALL to Kenshin . . .

Squee! Only thing that could make this better is if all the remaning episodes were shown at once.

PostSun Jul 13, 2003 12:27 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I like it this way. I don't want it to end too soon.
PostSun Jul 13, 2003 5:21 pm
sonicboom1

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
I'm guessing Saito's sword pinned Usuei to the wall but they edited that out . . .

And it seems that all the cool moves are shown so fast I can't really tell what's happening.

Either way, I'm trying to figure this out. Aoshi, Soujiro, and Shishio remain. Sano is beat to hell, Saito is fairly cut up, and Kenshin barely beat Aoshi the last time they fought, and this time Aoshi is stronger (even though Kenshin is too.) Point is, I doubt Sano could fight again without getting killed. Saito could possibly weaken Soujiro, but that still leaves Aoshi, finishing his duel with Soujiro, and taking down Shishio, ALL to Kenshin . . .

Squee! Only thing that could make this better is if all the remaning episodes were shown at once.

I think if Sano fights again, he could get himself seriously harmed, or worse, he could die. I think he should just stay down and let Kenshin and Saito finish this. As for Aoshi, I think Kenshin can take him, Aoshi is strong, but Kenshin has that new technique he learned, and I don't think even Aoshi Shinamura can block that.

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

"..Then you break my video game,
Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostSun Jul 13, 2003 8:25 pm
INixxI

Post subject:
Well, Kenshin's sucession technique, the Ama Kakeru Ryuu No Hirameki is, for the most part, unblockable, though it does take a lot out of him to use it, AND he was given it soley for the purpose of defeating Shishio. But then, take all that with a grain of salt too, as I'm sure we'll see him get into quite the situation during the upcoming battles.

On another note, about Saito's fight with Usui, they heavily edited this fight, and completely pulled out the part where Usui badly damages Saito's legs, which is an important event that will play a role in the upcoming episods. Also, the scene where Saito finishes off Usui was terriblty edited - Saito's sucession technique, the Gatetsu Zero impales the target on the sword from close range and well, they stay on it, even as they fly across the room. The sword was completely edited out and thus, the scene makes no sence. Dang cartoon network, DANG THEM!!! If they didn't have the ability to present the show in a decent manner, they should have never started it in the first place. :\ If they dare mess up Aoshi's fight, very mad I will be.

And speaking of Aoshi, relative ability levels, and who fights who, I would have to say that Aoshi in his curent berserker state, Aoshi is stronger than Soujirou, and is probibly on or about on equal footing with Shishio. (Aoshi's new sucession technique, the Kai Ten Kenbu Loku Len is also unavoidable, and an instant kill)
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 6:10 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
It was edited, yes, but it's not CN's fault. They have to do that in order to be able to air the show. And if all the good stuff goes to Adult Swim, then Toonami would die. That's not exactly good, since it caused anime to really begin to bloom in the mainstream of America.

However, you could tell that Usui was impaled on the sword up on the wall. Sure, it's not as cool to see it this way, but you know what happened.

Let's just wait and see what else happens before we complain about any future edits.

PostTue Jul 15, 2003 7:13 pm
INixxI

Post subject:
Reguardless of the stipulations of airing it on toonaim, yes it is Cartoon Networks fault for doing it. Like I said in my earlier post, if they had no intensions of giving it a faithful showing, they should have never bothered in the first place.

As for the Usui scene, I'm sure there were quite a few confused viewers, considering what I've read on other boards, but whats even more to the point is the fact that watching anime shouldn't require the viewer to play a game of detective to find out what was supposed to happen. Sad
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 7:37 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
A)If Anji hadn't had that charm Sano would've whupped his ass.

B)If Sano would pick up a sword again he'd probably do a lot better in these SWORD fights. Plus I wanna see him use that technique to swing the Zanbato.

C)That Saito fight was too confusing in the way it was edited. I haven't seen such a simple scenario mutilated into such a mess since the Sailor "cousins" entered a best couples competition.
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 12:23 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 20 of 29

Jump to: