нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Transformers Energon
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Transformers Energon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenshin2003

Post subject: Transformers Energon
I've just finished watching an episode of Transformersd:Energon. It looks really cool. It has SD Gudnam-style animatioon, but the content is MUCH better than SD. I think this is going to be the best Transformers show ever. Very Happy

P.S. If you have any info about the show, please post it here. Wink
PostSat Jan 31, 2004 7:55 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
SD Gundam is obviously no competition, so that doesn't really matter to us. The question is whether or not it's better than Transformers: Armada. THAT'S what we're trying to find out.
PostSat Jan 31, 2004 8:07 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Did anyone see tonights? I was out at a Con.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostSat Jan 31, 2004 9:18 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Did it start tonight? i thought it wasnt coming out until the fall. But yes i agree the real question is "Is it better then Armada"
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 12:06 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Did it start tonight? i thought it wasnt coming out until the fall.

Yes. It started tonight.

Anyway, here's my little rundown of it.

First, the big question: Is Energon an improvement over Armada? Yes.

Is it still a good show, though? I'm not sure. I can't determine this just yet.

Pros:

-The animation is much MUCH better. Even though it still seems kinda rushed, it doesn't look as half-done like it was in Armada.

-The story seems more interesting. It's about some powerful element thing called energon (hence the title) that the Transformers are after.

-No more of this mini-cons crap! That's right, they're gone! Yay!

-There was a lot more action, and it was really cool. The Autobots really shined in this episode as they pulled out FREAKIN' MASSIVE amounts of fire power. Mr. Green

Cons:

-More annoying kids. Yay. -_- Oh, well. At least they weren't focused on as much like they were in Armada.

-The bad guys weren't much of a challenge. They never really attacked or shot at anything. All they did was chase everyone and that was it.

-The voice acting is HORRIBLE! Ugh. But hey, Armada's voice acting was bad, too, so what do you expect?

My verdict: I'm still holding my judgment on this show till later episodes arrive. I'm quite impressed with the improvement, but the show still as some flaws that I hope will be tweaked later on.

Grade: C-
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 12:37 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
best transformers series ever? beast wars was damn near epic and beast machines was very well done as well.

and is it just me or does it seem a bit odd that the show is part of toonami.com but not toonami itself? at least all the other shows were at one point in time on toonami.
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 1:53 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AnimeGirl

Post subject:
Is it just me or does the new kid, whats his name...Kicker or whatever seem to have the potiential to become vastly annoying very quickly?

"Your never to old to watch cartoons!"----Me
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 3:51 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kicker? You mean Kalma? Become? You mean already is?
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 4:44 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AnimeGirl

Post subject:
oooh, quite nasty... I love it! Twisted Evil
(appalaudes Andromaton's wit)

"Your never to old to watch cartoons!"----Me
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 4:48 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I just watched the promo for it on Toonami.com. And yes it does look a lot better then armada. I will have to reserve judgement until seeing a few episodes. Energon itself isnt new. So im curious how their trying to pass it off. It was always their in the early episodes in the 80's.

Ok one of my biggest pet peeves about Armada wasnt the kids. It was the fact that they took firt gen Transformers names and reused in really bad ways and screwed up orders. Did they do that here?
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 9:41 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm a little taken back by the presence of super saiyan's in the series personally. I'm beginning to think that super man was a hoax, because his hair didn't change colors when he transformed.

Other than that and a few minor anoyances alread mentioned, it is definaly set to be better than Armada, but that isn't a very high goal.
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 12:19 pm
nightfall

Post subject:
It isn't Transformers: Energon, it's

Transformers: Fuzors, starring Optimus Voltron!

I am saddened to see that this series, in just the first episode, has already shown itself just to be a mishmash of other series and a bunch of cliches.

Two transformers combining: Zoids Fuzors
Five transformers combining: Voltron (lions)
The troubled youth with something to prove who in time will come to regard the very people he hates as his very best friends: Kicker

Kicker is also burdened with a secret ability that sets him apart from others and a special suit that lets him fight alonside the Transformers. The writers have put so much on this character that there is no room for actual character development.

And the animation. Looking at some of the Transformers scenes the characters looked as if their outlines were drawn using Microsoft Paint. I thought the handdrawn characters and backgrounds looked well done.

I am hoping that the series will tone down its use of special powers and concentrate more on plot. Who else thought the use of asteroids as bombardment was interesting? Not new to SciFi but (maybe) a first for TV.

If you can't tell, I am not ecstatic over the first episode, but so far nobody has been. Transformers is/has become like Gundam. So many series that you need a timeline and universe chart to keep them straight. Since I heeded the warnings and ignored Armada, can anyone tell me if Energon is a sequel or a separate series?
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 1:03 pm
Kenshin2003

Post subject:
Kalma wrote:
Did anyone see tonights? I was out at a Con.

I saw it on Saturday. It was my first time watching it, so I really can't say what happened, but it seemed like Optimus combined with 4 other transformers(or just machines), and then balasted the Deceptacons away. Twisted Evil
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 2:31 pm
Kenshin2003

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Grade: C-

I'd give it a B- or a C+
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 2:34 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
First, Energon is what the transformers where after in the ORIGINAL SERIES. It's not 'some powerful element thing' as Daikun so elequently put it. It's pure energy. It powers them, damnit.

Second, the '5 bots combining thing' isn't a Voltron ripoff. It has been an element of Transformers since the first series. Neither of these things are new or ripped off of anything else.

Third, there has ALWAYS been a human companion. Again, in the first series, there was a human kid. Even in Beast Wars, there were episodes revolving around the pre-evolved humans. Hell, both the best, and worst episode of the series is the one where Dinobot dies saving them. So you won't escape the kid. It HAS to be there. (Except for Beast Machines.)

I havne't seen this series yet. Do the transformers show signs of damage after taking a hit? That always annoyed me about Armada, they get shot and fall down but there isn't a scratch on them.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 3:19 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: