нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie Talkback Thread
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie Talkback Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Five right here.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico Mr. Green

Awesome Movie. Johhny Depp Was great.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostMon Sep 22, 2003 3:29 pm
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Daikun wrote:
Me 3.

"Four, sir."
</pythonsketch> Wink

Please, if you're going to quote "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", do it right!

Quote:
Arthur: Right, 1, 2, 5...
Galahad: 3, sir!
Arthur: Oh, right, 3

PostSun Sep 28, 2003 1:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Saw Once Upon in Time in Mexico last night, and it kicked ass.
PostSun Sep 28, 2003 5:08 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
And now, a special message from JohnnyPsycho...

SEE KILL BILL (Volume One) NOW!!!

If you are old enough (or can sneak in without the ticket takers carding you), go see this movie. It is Tarantino reminding us why we fell in love with him in the first place. Plus, the homage it pays to kung-fu films, anime, samurai films, and old Sergio Leone "spaghetti" westerns is awesome. Even Japanese film legend Sonny Chiba shows up in it, in an awesome role as a sword maker who... well, I don't want to give too much away.

JohnnyPsycho's top 5 reasons to see the movie:

1) The Japanese chick in the school-girl uniform... KICKING ASS!!!

2) The animated segment (produced by Production I.G, the guys behind Ghost in the Shell, Jin Roh, and Blood: the Last Vampire!!)

3) Nasty freakin' katana fights

4) Nasty freakin' hand-to-hand combat

5) It's freakin' Tarantino, dammit!

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostSat Oct 11, 2003 1:06 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
the problem is finding the time for movies, god I hate not having the time. Not having the money doesn't help either.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Oct 11, 2003 4:53 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I second everything that JohnnyPsycho said. Kill Bill is freaking AWESOME! It's eye-poppingly beautiful and the action is top-notch, no, make that FAR BEYOND top-notch. Finally, a movie review where I can actually set aside my hatred against Roger Ebert and actually agree with him for once. This is THE fucking coolest movie ever made! Go look up your show times and go see it!
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 2:37 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
I am stunned. See Kill Bill, and do your self a fucking favor, man. When I saw it, they even showed the final previews for Return Of The King, and Revolutions! Go do it, mothafucka, now.

PostThu Oct 16, 2003 2:23 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
if I could just quote the past three poist it would be my reaction, Kill BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(breathes)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
amazing.
I really gotta hand it to Tarantino, he made a live action anime. And i thank him for this because something of this style has never been seen in theater, I think this is the star of a beautiful relationship Razz

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSat Oct 18, 2003 3:04 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Volume 2 will, more than likely, have less anime-inspired action in it... in fact, it will probably mostly resemble a Spaghetti Western...

that is my prediction...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 9:52 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Saw Scary Movie 3 yesterday. Very, very, VERY funny. You must see it.
PostSun Oct 26, 2003 2:36 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Scary Movie 3 Smile

...eh... I would call this the in-betweener. It wasn't as good as the first Scary Movie, but it was definitely better than the god-awful Scary Movie 2. I don't have much time to make a full review (it's late and I need some sleep), so I'll just quickly list out the good and bad points instead.

GOOD POINTS:

-Leslie Nielsen's back in the biz! Woohoo! And his performance was hilarious as usual. His career has been stinking over the past few years, and this movie brought back his comic genius that we all knew and loved.

-David Zucker is back, too! It's nice to see him in the director's chair again. He did a pretty decent job taking over Marlon Wayans' spot.

-The parody of the videotape scenes from The Ring was hilarious. Be sure to watch The Ring first so you can get the jokes.

-Cindy's nephew steals the spotlight with his prophetic predictions (mocking the "psychic kid" cliche that has become evident in horror movies in recent years) and great acting. He's the best character in the whole movie (in my opinion, anyway).

-The rap scene parody of 8 Mile with Simon Cowell getting pelted with bullets...need I say more? Twisted Evil

-The Architect from The Matrix Reloaded is back, and his scene is unforgettable. "You have cameras in my bathroom?" Laughing

-Leslie Nielsen delivers a reference from Airplane! See if you can find it. Wink

BAD POINTS:

-I hated how they fucked up the aliens in the scenes that parodied Signs. I wanted them to be a little closer to the actual movie in the more "mysterious" fashion instead of bring them and their ships out in the open, not to mention give them human voices and just basically make them pointless characters with B-movie antics. Evil or Very Mad Ugh. For some reason, it brings me back memories of Jar-Jar Binks. >_<

-The scene they show in the preview: "My name is Orpheus." (Wife comes in.) "What are you doing?" "I'm prophecizing." It's not in the movie. Evil or Very Mad Though they DID have a scene with the Oracle and a Morpheus spinoff (which was pretty funny, by the way).

-Leslie Nielsen didn't have enough air time in this one. Funny as he was in this movie, his only weakness in here was that he wasn't given enough air time. He only has a few scenes in this movie and he doesn't appear till halfway through.

-Cindy has blonde hair now? What was wrong with the black hair she had in the previous two movies? Confused (Not exactly bad, but still worth noting.)

-A few scenes dragged out with the same running gag for too long, and those jokes got boring fast.

Everything else in this movie was either "meh" or "okay funny," but not "laugh-out-loud hilarious funny." If I were to rate this movie on a scale of 1-10, I would give this a 6.5.
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 6:46 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Two things:

I had to be dragged by the balls to see Mystic River. I never thought I would want to see Sean Penn do anything, or see another shitty novel-to-film transfer(the book was very good)

THE MOVIE WAS GREAT.

It showed the dark side of us all, and it hits close to home, if you have had personal troubles.

I give this a Very Happy

Also, My actual review of Revolutions:

-I now have a reason to bash nearly every fucking critic that reviewed it.

-The movie hit of alot of Dante's Inferno, which I am studying for Literature. You see, Neo(Dante) is in the train station(purgitory) and then which he makes the jump from hell(The Hammer) to heaven(The machine city).

-The fight scenes were medicore compared to Reloaded, but the Zion battle and the fight of Agent Smith and Neo were well done.

-I enjoyed this movie. That's something every critic will say "Whoa!" about.

I give The Matrix Revolutions a Mr. Green

PostSat Nov 15, 2003 5:32 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
qhuaaa!! LOTR sweetness, AND/OR totally awesome.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostFri Dec 19, 2003 1:04 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: