нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Operation Cuddle-Bug
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Operation Cuddle-Bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject: Operation Cuddle-Bug
I did something today that I ahve deamed Operation Cuddle-bug.

See, I've actually been pondering this for 2 weeks. Should I? Or shouldn't I? And I mentioned it to a friend last night, and she said, and I quote: "YOU SHOULD YOU SHOULD YOU SHOULD YOU SHOULD YOU SHOULD" So I did. And here's the write up:

The Plan: To give everyone I know a hug by declaring today National (my Name) Hugs People Day.

The Motivation: One half spreading good will, one half doing something different, one half opening up to people, and the last half is a psychological experiment.

The Outcome: HUGE success. Except for a few people, I got a hug from everyone who I asked. Which was a lot of people. Guys and girls. Not just one gender. EVERYONE that I know.

The reactions were so varied, it was both entertaining and fascinating. Some people reacted normally to the hug and accepted it and when about their business. Some people were like "Why?" These reactions are typical. Nothing wrong with being typical.

However, following are a few of the most entertaining reactions of the day. Thought I'd share it with the rest of you. I'll state the relation I have to them, and mark each female with an F, each male with an M.

Long time friend, F: *Is suspicious.*
Short time good friend, F: I'm a little weirded out right now.
Short time very conservative Rebuplican friend, M: This isn't going to ruin my reputation, is it?
Short time friend, F: *Is confused. Very confused.*
Short time semi-friend, punk type, F: That just brightens my day.
Aquaintance, M: Hug? Oh of course!
Very close friend, F: If anyone refuses the hug, I get theirs! *Is happy.*
Long time punk type friend, M: You're in a hugging mood?!?! *HUG*
Long time punk type friend 2, M: *UBER HUG*

Now, you can see that reactions were mixed. Question is, why are hugs sometimes taboo? I think people would be much happier if hugs were made part of the daily routine. Seriously, it SHOULD be that if you can talk to someone, a hug isn't out of the question. The Rebuplican mentioneed above remarked to me how "Hugs are a bit more personal" or something like that, and I agree that that is the way things are. But after today, and the fun that I had, I don't think that it should be that way. Hugs should be more common place. It would make everyone a happier person. I am very happy right now.

I strongly suggest the rest of you try this sometime. It's great fun, you can learn a LOT about people, and it makes some people very happy.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue May 27, 2003 3:35 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
are you crazy? My reputation would be downgraded even more. I can see it now...

Random person i barely know: GET THE HELL OFFA ME!
PostTue May 27, 2003 5:10 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
No, see, what I did was, I went up to every person that I knew, held my arms open, and went "Hug?" And when they gave me a weird look, said, "It's National (My name) Gives Hugs Day." That was followed by hugging.

You're, if I remember correctly, 14, Slim? I think it's much more socially acceptable in about, 3 years. I'm 17, and it was a blast. But I wouldn't have done it last year, and definitely not the year before.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue May 27, 2003 5:16 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, I hug this one girl every day, often twice. We're not entangled in any way, just friends. It's just a way of saying hi.

And, of course, I hug/sit on the lap of John Bono every chance I get. And I'll be doing it for four more years. Laughing
PostTue May 27, 2003 5:40 pm
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
I hug most of my friends when I see them, particularly if I see them when I'm out. With my close guy friends, especially those I've had a brief thing with, there tends to be a kiss with the hug (a peck, nothing OTT). It's something most people my age do over here.
PostWed May 28, 2003 6:50 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
RanmasLadyHalf wrote:
I hug most of my friends when I see them, particularly if I see them when I'm out. With my close guy friends, especially those I've had a brief thing with, there tends to be a kiss with the hug (a peck, nothing OTT). It's something most people my age do over here.

It's just how greetings happen. There are three types of hellos for three types of people.

1) The Aquaintance - The head nod followed by sup
2) The Friends (guys) - The slap and punch followed by obligitory "sup"
3) The Friends Revisited (girls) - The hug w/ random kiss

Not to say guys won't do the hug as a general greating to other guys but it is a much rarer thing and tends to represent long friendship/goodbyes/mafia.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed May 28, 2003 11:59 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hmm... now I'll have an excuse when I hug everyone... *Hugs FAK*
Hell, I always felt no that hugs should be less personal, but we should all be more personal.
PostWed May 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
1) The Aquaintance - The head nod followed by sup
2) The Friends (guys) - The slap and punch followed by obligitory "sup"

Yep, as the old saying goes, if you can punch them and they don't kick your ass, you're friends.

Oh, and the nod thing gets annoying. Everyday I end up doing it to about 40 people look to the left 'sup, look to the right 'sup. Does anyone just say hello!
PostWed May 28, 2003 5:36 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah I think that the age thing is a large factor when reffering to hug the same sex(guys only). At the younger teens it's found unacceptable but lately I've been finding that hugging another guys is really no big deal. i actually find guy hugs warmer than any girl's. And yes cp is right a couple of years ago i wouldn't have tried it for my life. I hug my buds often, maybe not on every day basis but often.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostWed May 28, 2003 6:54 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
you wouldn't have gotten a hug from me... I have personal space issues, there are only 2 people I let (willingly) into my personal space. And to me hugs do me a lot, you can in many situtations get more froma hug than a kiss, so hugs are better. That and the white chocolate is better too
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu May 29, 2003 9:03 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Any girls out there wanna hug me?
I'm lonely...
PostThu May 29, 2003 10:17 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
is that an avatar of one of the FLCL robots for Tyler?
PostThu May 29, 2003 4:03 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
It's Canti (Kanchi).
Greatest character in any series EVER.
PostThu May 29, 2003 4:05 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
ooh shiny...
PostThu May 29, 2003 4:20 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: