нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - So, uh...Fullmetal Alchemist ended, and... [Spoiler Alert]
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
So, uh...Fullmetal Alchemist ended, and... [Spoiler Alert]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
The last episode would have been much better if they'd played Melissa at the end. I held out (a dim and 100% knowing i'd be wrong) hope they would add it in for the dub, but that went nowhere.
PostTue Mar 21, 2006 3:57 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, I suppose if the series finale was meant to lead into the movie, I'll withhold my thoughts on the entire thing until everything's released here...

On a semi-related note, I recently finished the first game, Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel. Though it doesn't really impact the series that much, it does take place within the timeline (around episode 15 if I recall correctly), and serves as something like an interactive filler episode, complete with cameos from some favorite characters. It's simplistic and short, but if you're a fan and find it cheap somewhere, I recommend picking it up...

Anyone here read the manga? I've heard it's like Trigun, where the anime ends up going in a completely different direction, but how does the FMA manga stand up to the series?
PostThu Mar 23, 2006 12:38 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Anyone here read the manga? I've heard it's like Trigun, where the anime ends up going in a completely different direction, but how does the FMA manga stand up to the series?

Yeah I have read some of it. I forget what chap but it goes off in a completey different direction.
PostThu Mar 23, 2006 6:28 am
Aninymouse

Post subject:
The primary reason for FMA's terrible ending has to do with the fact that the manga is still ongoing. When the original creator hasn't figured out his own ending yet, you can bet the anime won't have a cool ending.

I've read a synopsis on the FMA movie, and if you're expecting it to give you a better ending you will be disappointed. The middle part is neat, albiet with too much deus ex machina.
PostSun Sep 10, 2006 5:58 pm
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the other FMA thread, "FMA:Conqueror of Shamballa."

Well, I just finished watching both the series and the movie. And it only took me like a year after the series ended, too. Great, right? Though the series was great, the ending of both it and the movie kinda sucked. Aside from that, why would they end the series so short? It was a huge success in the US, and though I don't know for sure cause I'm to lazy, I've got a strong feeling that it was awsome there too.
Any explanation? Anyway, here are some questions I have. Most of them have no relevance in regards to the story, but what the hey,

1) I thought that people went through the gate when they died on unconfirmed Shamballa. Is this true, or do they just go in the gate when they die? If the former, then what the hell!

2) Why didn't they show how Ed and Al destroyed the gate?

3) Towards the end of the series, Hoenheim says that alchemy used in the uncomfirmed Shamballa is created using the lives of people from earth. Was I high when I heard this or what?

4) What happened to the Ed on earth?

5) What the figs was with Hoenhiem helping the Nazis? He's smart enough to know that the suffering it would cause wouldn't be worth getting Ed home?

6) What happened to Envy?

7) If Al really was a puppet for the four years spent trying to find the Philosopher's Stone, why or how did he get them back after coming to earth?

(As Economics Teacher from Ferris Bueller's Day Off) Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?
PostTue Aug 21, 2007 3:21 pm
maverick0585

Post subject:
Well I am not sure if Rizwan is going to read this because its kinda old this post but I am going to try and answer your questions anyway.

1) It seems that when people die they go to the gate. A good example of that would be Izumi.

2) I don't think they felt it was necessary due to the fact that they probably just had to shoot one of Alphonse Heidrechs rockets at it.

3) You weren't high when you heard that. He actually said it. People from our world are the energy to create alchemy in Ed's world.

4) He died in episode 50 i think when the blimp crashed on him.

5) I think he knew the Thule Society would get him what he wanted, which was a gateway home for Ed, before that they weren't really Nazis yet.

6) The movie doesn't really state it, but I think you can assume the opening of the gate destroyed him. Remember you have to sacrifice a life to open the gate and wrath and gluttony were sacrificed for al to open it.

7) I really don't get what you mean by Al being a puppet for four years. If you meant his memories though thats easy to explain. The twist is that for Al to be completely alive again in his own world Ed sacrificed his life in his own world and Al's memories. Well Al went to Earth in the end. His memories were at the gate when he passed through it they returned to him because he ended up in the exact place where Ed didn't attend for him to be.

I hope that helped if you got anymore questions ill try to answer them as well.
PostMon Oct 15, 2007 1:38 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: