нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Toonami
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Toonami
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Punisher

Post subject: Toonami
Although Toonami has started losing good shows, I think a good thing to be able to have would be a Toonami channel in the USA. This way, they'd be able to fit all the good action shows that are out there into a day's time period. And the most popular shows would have an uncut section later at night like adult swim. For everything that's out there, I don't think a 2 hour block is long enough.

Last edited by The_Punisher on Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 11:25 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Toonami
The_Punisher wrote:
And the most popular shows would have an uncut section later at night like adult swim.

And how, exactly, would they be different from Adult Swim?
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 2:50 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well i think he means back when they used to show unedited Gundam Wing. And i think unedited DBZ's.

But i could be wrong
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 5:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Toonami channel in the uk is Toonami, Adult Swim, and SVES combined together as one.
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 5:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Do they still get Boomerang? It would seen redunant after pulling those pieces out of CN
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 5:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm not sure exactly how the channels work out there, I don't think they removed the shows from CN, I could be wrong though, I'll go check.
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 5:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:
Toonami channel in the uk is Toonami, Adult Swim, and SVES combined together as one.

Without the Adult Swim, though.
http://www.toonami.co.uk/index.html
PostSun Jan 18, 2004 12:15 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
There is always the Anime Network.
PostSun Jan 18, 2004 6:48 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Once it develops into a real network and not just a fancy "pay-per-view" kind of thing.
PostSun Jan 18, 2004 6:59 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
the indemand thing SUCKS. I have the anime network and fuckin a does it blow. inDemand was a neat idea on paper but not that hot in action. Once the digital cable dvr's become house hold standards inDemand will fall to the wayside hardcore.
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 4:40 am
Sketch

Post subject:
I would love a Toonami channel. I'd probably never change the channel except for premieres on CN if they weren't also on the Toonami channel.

I see no reason why in the US we couldn't throw Adult Swim Action on there for the evenings...

Past aquisitions could be tricky though unless they are dirt cheap. I for one would love to see Gundam Wing again (edited or uncut) as well as Sailor Moon, Reboot, Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, etc. Unfortunately probably only one of those shows... maybe 2 would be possible without some major string pulling. So they'd have to wait for the network to be successful before getting old stuff again.

If old stuff is a possibility than I'd say Bandai should hook Toonami up with EVERY Gundam series they've got for another so the fans can enjoy another run and the movies.

Right now there is a lot of content that could be used.

Daytime shows could consist of...

Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Dragonball GT
Teen Titans
Justice League
Superman
Batman
Batman Beyond
Yu Yu Hakusho
Samurai Jack
Cyborg 009
Rurouni Kenshin
He-Man and the MOTU
Transformers Armada
SD Gundam
Zoids Fuzors
Zoids CC/GF
Zoids Zero
G Gundam (they still have the rights for a little while)
Thundercats
GI-Joe
.hack//SIGN
The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Transformers: Energon
Gundam SEED
Jackie Chan Adventures
X-Men: Evolution
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Duel Masters
Knights of the Zodiac (yeah its crap but some people like it)
Pirates of Darkwater
Young Robinhood
Silverhawks
SWAT Cats
Static Shock (seems logical)
Zeta Project (also rather logical)

Plus old HB toons which could run in a block

And I suppose even Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon if there's space that needs filling... but they aren't nessesary.

It would be a great chance to see some of those old shows again as well as the more obscure series that have gotten the boot because of ratings.

Then of course there would be movies! I'd say they should keep the DB/Z movies seperate from the rest and have a weekly Dragonball movie as well as one or two weekly movies other than that.

Then add on Adult Swim's growing library...

Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Inuyasha (could probably get a double strip for a while)
Trigun
The Big
Lupin the 3rd
Blue Gender
REIGN
Android Kikaider
Detective Conan
Wolf's Rain
Witch Hunter Robin
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

And Adult Swim movies! But they'd need to wait for CB because its in the hands of another channel right now.

And there would possibility of grabbing uncut tapes of Yu Yu Hakusho and Dragonball Z / GT (DB will not air uncut because its got questionable content)... maybe even Kenshin but I think that would be pushing it.

And give FUNimation a place to put shows like Tenchi GXP and Kiddy Grade.

Which opens up the the possibility of airing series like Naruto and One Piece with far less edits than if they ran on regular Toonami.

They could probably get some Fox Box shows (other than TMNT which would be a given being it is an action show that would be on CN and possibly Toonami). Such as Shaman King, Sonic X, and Ultimate Muscle.

It could turn out pretty wicked awesome IMO.

I know this has been long winded already but I can't help but post a schedule! This would be projected for next March. I've made ones with just the stuff they have now but this one for March of next year is exactly what I'd love to see someday.

Monday - Thursday:

05:00 - .hack//SIGN
05:30 - Knights of the Zodiac
06:00 - GI-Joe
06:30 - Thundercats
07:00 - SD Gundam
07:30 - Jackie Chan Adventures
08:00 - He-Man: MOTU
08:30 - Transformers: Armada / Energon
09:00 - Ultimate Muscle or Batman Beyond
09:30 - Jackie Chan Adventures
10:00 - X-Men: Evolution
10:30 - Zoids Fuzors
11:00 - Dragonball
11:30 - Dragonball Z
12:00 - Cyborg 009
12:30 - Rurouni Kenshin
01:00 - Naruto
01:30 - One Piece
02:00 - Batman: TAS
02:30 - Superman: TAS
03:00 - Sonic X or Static Shock
03:30 - Duel Masters
04:00 - Shaman King
04:30 - Yu Yu Hakusho
05:00 - Dragonball GT
05:30 - Groove Adventure Rave
06:00 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
06:30 - Samurai Jack
07:00 - Teen Titans
07:30 - Justice League
08:00 - Naruto
08:30 - One Piece
09:00 - Gundam SEED
09:30 - Flame of Recca
10:00 - Inuyasha
10:30 - Detective Conan
11:00 - Newest Adult Swim series
11:30 - Second Newest Adult Swim series
12:00 - Zeta Gundam
12:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
01:00 - Wolf's Rain
01:30 - Witch Hunter Robin
02:00 - Trigun
02:30 - Cowboy Bebop
03:00 - The Big O
03:30 - Lupin the 3rd
04:00 - Inuyasha
04:30 - Detective Conan

Friday:

05:00 - 7:00 = same as Monday - Thursday
07:00 - Toonami series premieres
07:30 - Toonami series premieres
08:00 - He-Man premieres
08:30 - Transformers: Energon premieres
09:00 - Teen Titans premieres
09:30 - Megas XLR premieres
10:00 - Justice League hour long premieres
11:00 - .hack//DUSK (2 episodes)
12:00 - Reprise 7pm-12am

Saturday:

07:00 - Replay 7pm-12am again
12:00 - Dragonball Movies (with filler if nessesary)
01:30 - The TOM & Sara Show (Tom and Sara break the movies with a bit of chit chat with guest stars and previews)
02:00 - Toonami Weekly Double Feature
05:00 - Replay 7pm-12am one last time
10:00 - Inuyasha premieres
10:30 - Inuyasha premieres or AS series premieres
11:00 - Adult Swim series premieres
11:30 - FLCL
12:00 - Zeta Gundam
12:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
03:00 - Reprise 10pm-12am

Sunday:

07:00 - Jonny Quest
07:30 - Jonny Quest
08:00 - The Herculoids
08:30 - Godzilla
09:00 - The Centurions
09:30 - Blue Falcon & Dino Mutt
10:00 - Space Ghost
10:30 - Birdman
11:00 - The Superfriends
11:30 - The Superfriends
12:00 - Young Robin Hood
12:30 - Pirates of Dark Water
01:00 - SWAT Cats
01:30 - The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
02:00 - Batman: TAS
02:30 - Superman: TAS
03:00 - 3 Hour Series Marathon
06:00 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
06:30 - Samurai Jack
07:00 - Teen Titans
07:30 - Justice League
08:00 - Toonami Specials premieres
08:30 - The Tom & Sara Show premieres
09:00 - Adult Swim Action Feature (with filler if nessesary)
11:00 - Replay Saturday Adult Swim premieres
03:00 - Adult Swim Action Feature reprise

"The revolution will be televised..."

24-7
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 1:31 am
The_Punisher

Post subject:
wow
that's a lotr of stuff
sounds like it would be great except for mabye cut out the older shows and things like ninja turtles. BUt that woulld be a great schedule. Too bad they probably won't make it
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 5:45 pm
Sketch

Post subject:
Cut out Ninja Turtles!?!?

DIE!!!!!

Seriously though... I'm talking about the new TMNT not the original. The original would have been next to Thundercats if they could get it but Hallmark wont give it up for a sensible price... So its in limbo. At least the old show will be getting a DVD release.

Old shows are very important. I think Sundays would be an excellent day for the "classics" to air. Batman and Superman are staples for Toonami, DBZ ain't go'n anywhere and we all know it.

IMO a great Toonami channel would be a mix of old and new with a variety of animes and western action series.
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 5:54 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
I am not a fan of TMNT, but to make everyone happy, Sunday would be a good time to air it. By the way that was quite a list for a fantasy.
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 6:07 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
PIMP IN DA HOUSZ!!!11!!1 Wink
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 6:10 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: