нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
As opposed to the liberal billionaire who started the whole cable news idea... Rolling Eyes
Whiner.

...uh...

Just to recap, Ted Turner IS a Republican...
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 2:35 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't see the word "Democrat" anywhere in my post.
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 2:40 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
What?! I thought Teddy was conservative, too! Oh, well. You learn new things every day...
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 2:43 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Just to put a capper on this subject:

-From Modern Maturity magazine, Sept-Oct. 2000:
Quote:
MM: How would you characterize your political beliefs at the present time?
TT: Constantly evolving. I don't belong to either party. I look at each candidate's views on the issues. I like candidates who look up, not down. I think one person can make a difference. Jacques Cousteau made a difference. So did Rachel Carson, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King. I also think Adolf Hitler made a difference, but of the wrong sort. I'm strong on global cooperation. I'd like to see a world where we look for the nobility in people. I'm pro-choice and pro-environment. I'm for a balanced budget. I'm for making Social Security secure.

The full interview can be found here:http://www.tedturner.com/download/Articles/MODERNMATURITY_SEPT_OCT_2000.pdf
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 2:52 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Angelina Jolie (TOMB RAIDER) is in negotiations to star as Catherine the Great in LOVE AND HONOR for Walt Disney. Set in the 18th century, the story centers on an emissary sent by Benjamin Franklin to try and persuade Catherine the Great from having Prussia add their forces to the British, who were at the time trying to smash the American Revolution. The emissary becomes part of the royal court when he helps quell a Cossack rebellion. He also finds romance with Catherine. Randall Wallace (BRAVEHEART) is writing and directing the film.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rene Zellwegger (DOWN WITH LOVE) will star in and producec A PIECE OF MY HEART, the biopic of late musician Janis Joplin (aka the Ugliest Woman Ever). Filming will begin in early 2004, after BRIDGET JONES: THE EDGE OF REASON wraps.

Fox has canceled CEDRIC THE ENTERTAINER PRESENTS. The show was given the greenlight for a second season, and so production resumed after being put on hiatus last season. However, Cedric has apparently been more interested in his movie career, and so Fox gave his show the kaibosh. At some point in the fall, Fox will air the unseen episodes.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 12:42 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE producer Leonard Goldberg says that the characters will not be returning to television, at least not in live-action form. "All the networks want to do a new ANGELS TV series. ABC won the rights for a first option, but I have all the networks calling me every other week. There is no reason to do a live-action TV series when we have a film franchise right now. We have talked about a Saturday morning animated series." Goldberg is hoping to land Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu and Cameron Diaz for the animated voices.

Universal's "THE HULK" smashes movie theaters all over this weekend, with an estimated $62.6 million. Buena Vista's "Finding Nemo" swims into second place with an estimated $20.5 million. The weekend's other new wide releases finish out of the top five.

As one must assume there are plans to make a second Hulk. Eric Bana while filming Wolfgang Peterson's adaptation of The Iliad has confirmed to the Chicago Sun-Times that Hulk 2 will go ahead. James Schamus original Hulk writer has already begun scripting a second installment where we may see a grey-skinned Hulk that long-time comic readers will be familiar with. Schamus is still not sure who the villian will be.
Source: Empire On-line

PostMon Jun 23, 2003 12:44 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
In an unusual step for a television network, the Sci Fi Channel is campaigning to persuade the government to be more forthcoming and aggressive in investigating UFO sightings.

Sci Fi has hired former Clinton chief of staff John Podesta as a Washington lobbyist, sponsored a symposium on interstellar travel and is considering a court effort to declassify documents related to a 1965 incident in Pennsylvania.

The network will premiere a documentary, Out of the Blue, Tuesday at 9 p.m. (Eastern and Pacific time zones) that methodically lays out an argument that there's something out there.

Most TV networks are reluctant to spend money for anything other than self-interest. The few public interest efforts are hardly controversial: Lifetime promoting breast cancer research, for example, or MTV's Rock the Vote campaign to encourage young people to register.

But by fighting for UFO probes, Sci Fi is wading into an area that invites not only dissent, but also ridicule.

"It's very, very tough for people to take this subject seriously," said Ed Rothschild, a lobbyist in Podesta's firm. "We thought the only way it was going to be seriously addressed is to have serious people talk about it, scientists."

Rothschild won't even identify the members of Congress he's talked to about leaning on the government for more openness about UFOs. He's afraid they'll never help if their names come out and they're laughed at.

Even believers are reluctant to talk about the issue.

After hearing that former President Carter once saw a UFO, Out of the Blue filmmaker James Fox repeatedly, and unsuccessfully, asked Carter's representatives for an interview. Undaunted, Fox essentially ambushed Carter with a camera one day at a book-signing. Carter confirmed the incident but his brevity and forced smile indicated he wasn't happy to be answering.

Given the "giggle factor" that surrounds UFOs, Sci Fi is taking a chance with its reputation, Fox said.

"I don't think there's a risk because the questions need to be asked," said Thomas Vitale, Sci Fi's senior vice president of programming. "Even somebody who is the biggest skeptic in the world ... still wants the questions answered. And who better to do it?"

The mission isn't entirely altruistic, of course. The Sci Fi Channel, which is seen in about three-quarters of the nation's TV households, polled viewers on the topic. Evidence of keen interest is also seen in the ratings.

Last November's documentary on the celebrated, suspected 1947 UFO crash in Roswell, N.M., was the highest-rated special in the network's 11-year history. It was seen by nearly 2.4 million people, or about 21/2 times Sci Fi's usual prime-time audience.

"Our main goal is not to find a UFO," Vitale said. "The goal is finding the truth. We're expanding and exploring the blurry line between what is science fiction and what is science fact."

Vitale wouldn't say how much Sci Fi is spending on this. The network sponsored an archaeological excavation at Roswell, will debut a public service announcement Tuesday and has four new UFO specials in the works.

It is backing an effort to get U.S. Air Force records released on a 1965 incident in Kecksburg, Pa., where some witnesses believe a UFO crashed. This may end up in court, Rothschild said.

Fox, a San Francisco-based journalist, never thought much about UFOs until a visit nine years ago to Nevada, when he and his friends watched a saucer-shaped object hover silently in the sky then dart away.

"When I got home, I was met with laughter," he said. "No one believed me, even my family. I thought, if my own family doesn't believe me, who does?"

Intrigued, he began looking into other UFO incidents. He sold a 1998 documentary to the Discovery Channel and shopped Out of the Blue to the same network, but said he was told Discovery no longer buys pro-UFO films. (A Discovery spokeswoman denied this.)

So he went to Sci Fi. Fox considers 95 percent of reported UFO incidents bunk, either hoaxes or easily explained conventional phenomena. And don't count him among people who believe aliens already live among us.

But that still leaves a significant number of mysterious cases. "Out of the Blue" outlines several, concentrating on the most reputable of witnesses -- former astronauts, military and government officials, topped off by an ex-president.

Fox's storytelling is sober, not sensational. Summing up incidents at the end of the film, Fox gives the official government explanations of what happened, and they're often more ridiculous than the sightings themselves.

"You get to a point where you can no longer dismiss each and every episode," he said.

Fox and Rothschild can think of several reasons why the government doesn't want to talk about UFOs:

-- The military doesn't want to spend time or money on something that isn't perceived as a threat.

-- Officials may also like the secrecy; it keeps other governments guessing about what kind of new weapon technologies might be in the works.

-- It could also be embarrassing, since it can expose what they don't know and the limitations of human technology.

-- And who wants to set off a War of the Worlds-type incident?

Fox envisions the public announcement that could come with such an event: "We don't know where they come from, we don't know what they're doing. We can't stop them if they become hostile and they can fly rings around all of our aircraft.

"Thank you, and good night."

PostMon Jun 23, 2003 12:46 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
'Birdchasm' has details on the Supes project which at last seems to be moving again - "Superman is looking a bit better. Remember the show "Roswell" on UPN? and "Star Trek"? Jonathan Frakes was the creator of the first and a star of the second. He recently did the "Thunderbirds" film. Anyway, looks like he might be doing it. He too has ideas for casting - Jason Behr and Colin Hanks - tested a week Friday - Behr for the lead, Hanks as Jimmy Olsen. Whilst Hanks is apparently 'looking good', Behr's not a chance. Been a heap of actors in for Superman - Ashton too tested! as did Justin Timberlake, Brendan Fraser, Henry Cavill, Matthew Bomer - but only a handful for Olsen. At this stage - if things are locked down as they are expected to be this month - it'll get rolling before December".

Not enough A-list superhero action for you? Get this...Batman is heating up right now, and it looks like Warner Bros. is fast-tracking the project, trying to catch up with the current money being made off these comic-book movies at, well, pretty much every other studio in town. With reports that a new draft of the screenplay is due soon, the latest casting rumors have boiled down to a single candidate:

That's right, Ashton Kutcher.

Yes, in a world gone mad, Kutcher moves from Dude, Where's My Car? to playing the Dark Knight. But as he is basically attaching himself to every project in Hollywood right now, when approached about Batman, he quietly attached himself to that, too. Yes, this might change, but at present, he's the man in the cowl.

As a responsible journalistic outlet, we have to ask: How the hell did this happen?! Well, when now out director Brett Ratner got close to casting Superman this year, he tested and retested Kutcher, who apparently did well. The "known mostly as a comic actor and that's even a stretch" Kutcher seemed to want Bats over Supes (who wouldn't?) and is now close to being announced as the lead in the flick to be directed by Christopher Nolan.

So, does this news suck? At first glance, yeah, you bet. But remember, Michael Keaton was considered a comic actor before Batman, and Mr. Mom changed everybody's mind in a single weekend. This Ashton guy may be on to something here...

Dark Horizons had more:

This rumour was backed up by a report from DH insider 'Turncoat' who elaborates a bit more on the situation - "Christopher Nolan wants Guy Pearce. I think that's about the extent of it. Essentially, the studio has had another 'Ratner' situation on their hands, because the director wants someone, and the studio wants someone else. That someone the studio wants is Ashton Kutcher. Thankfully, it's not as big a deal as the whole Superman thing [which has been madness], because in this place everyone gets along - and from what I hear Kutcher is the new Batman. Done deal".

PostMon Jun 23, 2003 12:47 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
***THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH WOMENS NETWORKS***

The capture of Andrew Luster on Wednesday has producers of a Lifetime original movie based on the convicted rapist rush to change the script to A DATE WITH DARKNESS which is supposed to premeire Monday, Aug. 11. Jason Gedrick plays Luster, the 39-year-old great-grandson of Max Factor, famed Hollywood make up pioneer. Luster was convicted of multiple counts of drug possession, poisoning and rape after he jumped his $1 million bail. A DATE WITH DARKNESS was to finish shooting in Vancouver on Wednesday, June 25, but at least one additional day has been added to its schedule.

Why the hell is womens television filled with shit like that? if its not about them being raped, its about teen pregnancy, if its not abour teen pregnancy its about spousal abuse, if its not about spousal abuse its about how they are sexually harrassed everywhere they go and can never get anywhere in life especially in the workplace. Why can't they just take a cue from mens television and make it about something fun and exciting... like boobies Very Happy no really, womens tv = sad and depressing. Mens tv = fun and light hearted funness. (please don't respond to this in this thread, I just had to rant and let it out)

PostMon Jun 23, 2003 12:58 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
KELSO IS BATMAN?!
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 2:36 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
See the teaser trailer for Punisher.

PostTue Jun 24, 2003 1:28 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rustam Ibragimbekov will write the script for the indie historical epic THE NOMAD. Ivan Passer (STALIN) is directing the film, which centers on a boy in 18th-century Kazakhstan that is destined to unite three warring tribes. "Everybody knows what is a cowboy, a gladiator and a samurai," Ibragimbekov said. "It is time for the world to know what is a nomad. A nomad governs the horse like a cowboy, fights like a gladiator and is as virtuous as a samurai." Ibragimbekov is also producing with Pavel Douvidzon. The government of Kazakhstan is funding the film.

Glenn Close, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Daniel Sauli have agreed to star in HBO's tv movie STRIP SEARCH. The movie will follow three seperate, yet intertwining storylines set shortly after the events of September 11, 2001. Close will play a U.S. Federal agent, Gyllenhaal will play an American student in China, and Sauli will play an artist trying to provoke a public reaction. Sidney Lumet is directing from a script by Tom Fontana. Fontana is executive producing with Barry Levinson.

Dominic West (THE WIRE) is in talks to join the cast of Revolution Studios' THE FORGOTTEN, starring Julianne Moore. In the film, Moore will play Telly Paretta, a mother struggling with the loss of her 8-year old son. However, a psychiatrist tells her that she has created 8 years of memories of a son that never truly existed. At first she believes him, but when she meets another patient (West) who had a similar experience, she must try and prove her son was real. Joseph Reuben is directing from a script by Gerald DiPego (ANGEL EYES).

PostTue Jun 24, 2003 3:56 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Chris Kattan (SNL) and Parker Posey (JOSEY & THE PUSSYCATS) have agreed to star in the indie film ADAM & STEVE. Craig Chester is writing and directing the comedy, which is about a straight couple (Kattan and Posey) and a gay couple (Chester, Malcolm Gets) in New York. Phil Viardo is executive producing.

MTV has ordered another two seasons of PUNK'D, Ashton Kutcher's celebrity prank show. "All of Hollywood should be afraid," the 25-year-old actor said Monday. "If you are famous, we will find you and you will be PUNK'D." Each season will be comprised of ten episodes. The second season will begin this fall.

Universal has tapped Paul Greengrass (BLOODY SUNDAY) to direct THE BOURNE SUPREMACY, the sequel to THE BOURNE IDENTITY. Greengrass will work from a script by Tony Gilroy, who adapted Robert Ludlum's second book in the Bourne series. In the second film, Jason Bourne (Matt Damon) is accused of assassinating a Chinese vice premiere. Bourne must then find out the real identity of the assassin. Frank Marshall, Paul Sandburg and Patrick Crowley are producing.

PostTue Jun 24, 2003 3:57 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
There is big movement on the CATWOMAN project. Apparently Warner Bros has set shooting dates for the film from September to December 31. The studio has also hired Ed Solomon to do yet another rewrite of the script. It seems the previous version by John Rogers was trashed after angry fan response, especially when it was revealed that the movie would have no connection to the BATMAN franchise. Solomon, however, only has two months to nail down his script before shooting begins. Pitof is directing the film. Warner hopes to release the film on July 30, 2004.

Cinescape is reporting that the new title of the next STAR WARS movie is supposedly REVENGE OF THE SITH. However, Lucasfilm has already denied the rumor.

PostTue Jun 24, 2003 4:01 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
(please don't respond to this in this thread, I just had to rant and let it out)

Ok. I won't...
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 10:48 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 21 of 32

Jump to: