нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Take THAT, Narutards! ;-)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Take THAT, Narutards! ;-)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Good News?
Yes, now I can watch it on Kid's WB!
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
No, I wanted to watch it on 4KidsTV
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
What the Gouf? [as] or bust!
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
[as]? Funk that. Only Toonami, baby!
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 23

Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Take THAT, Narutards! ;-)
SHOPRO ENTERTAINMENT NAMED
MASTER LICENSOR FOR JAPANESE PHENOMENON, NARUTO

TV TOKYO Corporation And Shueisha Inc. Appoint ShoPro Entertainment To Represent TV, Home Video And Merchandising Rights In North America And Latin America For
Much Anticipated Ninja Hit, Naruto

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA (February 15, 2005) –ShoPro Entertainment, Inc. which recently announced it’s upcoming merger with VIZ, LLC to form one of the entertainment industry's most innovative, comprehensive manga and animation licensing and publishing companies, announced today that it has secured from worldwide licensors, TV TOKYO Corporation and Shueisha Inc., the television, home video and merchandising rights to Naruto for North America and Latin America. The appointment of ShoPro Entertainment as Master Licensor was facilitated by TV TOKYO Medianet, the licensing arm of TV TOKYO.

ShoPro Entertainment, the San Francisco based affiliate of ShoPro Japan, plans to introduce a dynamic roll-out strategy that will leverage the strong manga and entertainment brand into a broad licensing and marketing program. Naruto’s television broadcast partner and key licensing partners will be determined shortly.

“We are ecstatic about Naruto! It is a great privilege to be bringing such an outstanding property to the Americas,� said John Easum, Senior Vice President of ShoPro Entertainment. “Naruto became an explosive hit in Japan after it was first launched in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in 1999 and it continues to be an enormous success. Naruto has also established a very large American fan base through the US manga series published by VIZ. We anticipate a huge success.�

First introduced into the Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in Japan in 1999, Naruto quickly became Japan’s most popular ninja manga. In 2000, Naruto was expanded into a series of graphic novels and is currently in its 26th volume, with nearly 49 million copies sold in total in Japan. Weekly Shonen Jump, published by one of Japan’s largest publishers, Shueisha Inc., is considered the world’s most successful comic magazine with over 3 million copies printed weekly in Japan alone.

Since 2003, the Naruto series has been serialized in the US edition of the monthly Shonen Jump, and published as a graphic novel series by VIZ, LLC. At retail, Naruto consistently ranks as one of the top graphic novel titles in the US and one of the most popular titles serialized in SHONEN JUMP. The manga has also been published in most major markets in Europe and Asia to great success.

Targeting tweens and teens, the Naruto animated series, produced by PIERROT CO., LTD. debuted in Japan in October 2002 on TV TOKYO and quickly established itself as one of TV TOKYO’s highest rated animated series. Today, Naruto is considered one of the most popular animated series in Japan’s history and has achieved immense success not only as a manga and TV title, but also in the realm of licensed categories such as toys, trading card games and video games.

The story of Naruto takes place in another world where ninjas are the ultimate power. In the village of Konohagakure live some of the stealthiest and most respected ninjas in the land. But 12 years prior, Konohagakure faced a fearsome threat - a nine-tailed fox demon, which terrorized the village and caused massive destruction before it was finally defeated. The Hokage, the village leader and most powerful ninja, was able to subdue the fox by sealing its soul inside the body of an orphaned baby boy. Now that boy, Uzumaki Naruto, has grown up to become a ninja-in-training, learning the art of ninjutsu with his classmates Sakura and Sasuke. The trio of student ninjas study under the instruction of their teacher, Kakashi. With Kakashi, the group faces a series of dangerous and daunting tests and challenges. Through their adventures, the young ninjas learn the importance of friendship, teamwork, loyalty, hard work, creativity, ingenuity, and right vs. wrong.

The key characters are Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. Naruto, shunned by the village because he bears the taint of the fox demon imprisoned within him, is a rascally orphan who has grown into an attention-seeking troublemaker. Although his preoccupation with playful pranks leaves him struggling to graduate from Ninja Academy, he's determined to become the next Hokage. Sasuke, the top student in Naruto’s class, comes from the prestigious Uchiha clan. Sasuke is driven by a secret desire to win revenge against a mysterious person who wronged him in the past. And the smart and studious Sakura is
the brightest of Naruto’s classmates, but she is constantly distracted by her crush on Sasuke. She hopes to some day win Sasuke’s heart…if Naruto doesn’t get in the way.

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 5:16 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, i'm not to worried about it. It'll probably end up like Inuyasha, with only a few episodes being licensed at a time. However, with viz at the helm, they may pull the '3 eps per disc' bull shit they normally do. While its a great series, paying $21 some-odd bucks for 3 eps isn't something I plan on doing with 121 + eps out there. So unless they actually expand it to 4 or more eps, I don't plan on buying it. The manga however, I'm looking into getting.
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 5:48 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, the big question now is will it ever air on AS? If so they would be unstoppable.
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 6:42 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Well, the big question now is will it ever air on AS?

We'll find out tomorrow (Wednesday). That's when CN's big "Upfront Presentation" for the advertisers commences.
I say Toonami.
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 2:13 am
liberator

Post subject:
What is the "Naruto"?

And why is everyone acting like it's the Second Coming?
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 9:16 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
As mentioned in the article in THE FIRST POST OF THIS VERY THREAD, Naruto is an insanely popular anime, one of the most popular and well liked to come out of Japan in a long time. Anime fans all across the US have been watching fan-subs for what feels like ages, and it's basically the one show that everyone has been like "WHEN WILL IT COME TO THE US OMG I NEED IT LIKE I NEEDS MA' CRACK!"

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 12:57 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
We'll find out tomorrow (Wednesday). That's when CN's big "Upfront Presentation" for the advertisers commences.
I say Toonami.

TIL Front Page
Just what the block needed.
\o/
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 1:31 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fanboys left with nothing to talk about.

Boy does that sentence ring true. CN now has the rights to more than 5 of the top 10 anime in the US.

I can remember about 5 years ago when anime on CN meant two things, Sailor Moon or DBZ. Since then CN has systematically plucked nearly every coveted "underground" hit series and shoved it into the limelight. This is the second coming my friends. Those dream schedules can now be realized and by the end of this year CN will be at the top and stay there for a very long time.
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 6:34 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Since Toonami is only on once a week, there will be enough episodes from these long series to last for years.

Toonami has secured replacements for the soon ending DBGT and Yu Yu Hakusho.
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 6:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
liberator

Post subject: Re: Take THAT, Narutards! ;-)
So basically it's Inu Yasha for kids. I'm sorry, I don't get riled up without having seen it, and this is the first I've ever heard of it. Not even a promo. You folk are drooling over this like Eva fans drool over it, I can't comprehend that level of fanaticism.... Confused
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 8:54 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

liberator wrote:

So basically it's Inu Yasha for kids. I'm sorry, I don't get riled up without having seen it, and this is the first I've ever heard of it. Not even a promo. You folk are drooling over this like Eva fans drool over it, I can't comprehend that level of fanaticism.... Confused

I'm not drooling at all. I don't even like the show.

I'm having a go at all the droolers and "entitlement kiddies" who're now crying about how their favorite show's about to get "butchered" or worse, "raped" Rolling Eyes because some evil company dares to bring it to US TV, as well as the loss of easy access to their precious fansubs. Razz
Thankfully, there aren't any of those kinds of "fans" here. Wink

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 9:16 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I thought Naru was the DBZ clone. Which ones that?
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 9:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
I thought Naru was the DBZ clone. Which ones that?

Not "DBZ clone", the "next DBZ". Wink

Does sound kinda' Dragon Ball-ish, though.
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 10:47 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Nobuyuki wrote:
I'm having a go at all the droolers and "entitlement kiddies" who're now crying about how their favorite show's about to get "butchered" or worse, "raped" Rolling Eyes because some evil company dares to bring it to US TV, as well as the easy access to their fansubs. Razz
Thankfully, there aren't any of those kinds of "fans" here. Wink

Those "fans" just like to bitch about every little thing they can find. ____'s voice actor is completely wrong, ______ company is evil. Gives me eye strain.

The people here are much more mature and level-headed, which is why this is my #1 forum.
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 10:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Beefy wrote:
Those "fans" just like to bitch about every little thing they can find. ____'s voice actor is completely wrong, ______ company is evil. Gives me eye strain.

Me too. Along with a headache.

Quote:
The people here are much more mature and level-headed, which is why this is my #1 forum.

Word.
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 10:59 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: