нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - What is Kikaider
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
What is Kikaider
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually, they skipped a flashback/recap episode. There wasn't any real point in showing it.
The OVA starts Monday night.
http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=GO&theDate=6/30/03&timeZone=EST
PostSat Jun 28, 2003 1:16 pm
nightfall

Post subject:
The credits for Monday's episode made no mention of Mitsuko or Masaro's characters, so I must assume that Jiro's new adventures don't involve him going home.

Re: Trigun. someone posted that CN actually cut out/did not show a scene in the credits showing Vash carrying Knives into the town where Meryl and Milly are waiting. BTW, why do some people refer to Knives as Needles?

Anyway, after a few new episodes the CN schedule shows Kikaider rerunning from the beginning. I guess this OAV is the last story we'll see.
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 8:42 am
BebopDeathGod

Post subject:
I was suprized by CN playing Kikaider 01 the OVA. I thought that they were only going to play the first kikaider television series. Its only been one episode but im not really liking the OVA as much. What really bothers me is how if you change the haircuts on the new girl and boy you get Mitsuko or Misatu. But mabye mitsuko and the new girl are supposed to look similar because they have the same mother? Confused
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 9:55 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
What's also obvious is the change in animation quality. You had alot more use of GC for cleaning up and enhancing the designs but now it seeems slighty cheaper. The colors used also tend to be brighter than the TV series.
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 3:51 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Is it just me, or did Bejinder(or however you spell that female robot's name) really shoot out lasers from her...breasts?! Shocked I know she's a bot and all, but come on!
PostThu Jul 03, 2003 12:22 am
nightfall

Post subject:
Yes, from her breasts. I think the other girl-bot did as well once she was revealed. Her whole plot point was a big fakeout in my opinion. I knew her fate was sealed as soon as Gill/Hakaider changed her. (Well, maybe not then but I gave a big snort of disgust after she picked up the book. Only robots are allowed to die, I guess.)

With the intro of Rei we also are given the info that the Komyoji house is abandoned. Not razed or destroyed, just abandoned. So, Mitsuko gave up on Jiro in the end. Or they received word that Gill was still alive and fled. But then why leave Rei, a possible weapon for Gill's org? OOOOh, I hate dangling plot points! You can't tell if they are significant or just a way to leave the old characters out of the new adventure.
PostThu Jul 03, 2003 10:47 am
nightfall

Post subject:
Meant to include this but forgot:

I looked up Hakaider and Kikaider in my dictionary. I don't know if -der has any meaning in Japanese, but I found the rest interesting.

hakai - destruction, demolition

kikai - machine, implement, apparatus, machinery
but also....
kikai - opportunity, chance

In Western culture opportunity and chance can also lead to hope. So... It was stated that Hakaider was originally built to destroy Jiro. And Komyoji built Kikaider as his chance to defeat Gill and his hope for a robot free of evil intent? I think it fits Smile
PostThu Jul 03, 2003 11:28 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
She shoots lazers from her jumblies?! Shades of Tranzor Z coming back.

Maybe I need to dust off the old avatar.
PostThu Jul 03, 2003 7:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Did anyone see the ending last night?
PostFri Jul 04, 2003 2:55 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Yeah, I saw the ending. Would you like to know what happened(if you don't already, that is)?
PostFri Jul 04, 2003 4:15 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Nah, I saw it. The ending was one of the most surprising endings I've seen in an anime.
PostFri Jul 04, 2003 5:08 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
My rating for the Kikaider OVA ending: "meh"/10. It wasn't especially good, but it wasn't really bad either. I guess my problem with it was it seemed a bit rushed. I'm guessing that there was only about 2 minutes of falling action from the climax, but there was no resolution (pardon my dramatic jargon.) Beijinger turns into a prattling, mother-ish, robot zombie. 01 and 02 go out like punks. The only real satisfaction I got from the ending was Kikaider's final monologue (not a soliloquy, thank you Theatre Arts Dictionary). But the final image, not seeing Kikaider in the rubble, makes it a little too open-ended to make it completely satisfying. Am I alone on this?
PostSun Jul 06, 2003 2:56 am
nightfall

Post subject:
While the pastor is reviewing the crowd around the rubble there is a fleeting moment of a shadow leaving the crowd. We don't even see a figure, but I assume that is Jiro leaving the scene. To go mope over his new humanity, I guess.

Please explain to me how the 'submission' circuit make him human? I thought the conscience circuit did that by making him able to reason and feel emotions. Unlike other androids who must obey commans, he is able to disobey. So, how does a submission circuit add to the angst that he already feels?

Overall, I did not like this OVA. It did not seem as well thought out as the series. We get a bunch of cliches with no real story development. And I agree with Zechs that the animation looked cheaper. I keep wondering who okayed the sequence where 00 chokes Jiro. That's like holding a mermaid underwater in order to drown her.
PostSun Jul 06, 2003 11:25 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
The ending was cut. What exactly, I don't know.
PostSun Jul 06, 2003 1:49 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
nightfall wrote:
Please explain to me how the 'submission' circuit make him human? I thought the conscience circuit did that by making him able to reason and feel emotions. Unlike other androids who must obey commans, he is able to disobey. So, how does a submission circuit add to the angst that he already feels?

It actually gives him "free will". The ability to not only distinguish the difference between "good" and "evil", but to be able to suppress the Gemini circuit's compulsion to only do "good". Meaning he can commit "evil" acts with full knowledge that they are, indeed, "evil".
Just like a real human.

At least, that's my understanding of it.
PostSun Jul 06, 2003 9:23 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: