нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - So you really don't Kiddy Grade
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
So you really don't Kiddy Grade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject: So you really don't Kiddy Grade
I believe Daikun does not know what he is saying. Kiddy Grade is not a Nick Jr.-type show. It action-oriented with sci-fi to keep it cool. Also, it's from Gonzo! They made Toonami-famed Blue Sub 6. BLUE SUB 6! I'm done with this. Check Anipike for more of it.
PostFri May 30, 2003 6:17 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've already seen the whole series. It was alot better then I thought it would be.
PostFri May 30, 2003 7:49 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
You know, it wouldn't hurt to use the "Post A Comment" button under our news posts instead of bothering to start entire threads about them in the forums...

Last edited by Daikun on Fri May 30, 2003 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostFri May 30, 2003 7:55 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
People read those? I just noticed that post too...So Funi gets Kiddy Grade...Well it could be worst. If anyone has seen Kiddy Grade they know why it isn't for Toonami.

Last edited by Chibi_Zero on Fri May 30, 2003 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostFri May 30, 2003 7:58 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
No, I think a thread is necissary. You panned the show without telling us ANYTHING about it, Daikun. You only mentioned it's name, which says NOTHING about the show itself. That's not good for a newsmonkey.

On a side note, I wasn't too impressed with Blue Sub #6. But that's just me.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri May 30, 2003 7:59 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I was being sarcastic when I made that Nick Jr. comment. "Kiddy Grade" and "Nick Jr." sound very connected when you put the two names together, don't ya think? Wink

Oh, and one more thing (and this one is NOT sarcastic, since FUNi and ANN confirmed this little factoid in the supplied quote below):

Quote:
FUNimation also said that with this series, people should expect a Fruits Basket-like treatment.

Last edited by Daikun on Fri May 30, 2003 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostFri May 30, 2003 8:05 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah Kiddy Grade is a misleading name...
But he is some info on KG
Quote:
In the near future, after numerous space wars, human kind has finally come together to form an interstellar union. However, many disputes, trade embargos, military and political assisations, and forbidden weapon use plague the union. To counter this, the union has created GOTT, Galactic Organization of Trade and Tariffs. GOTT is an organization that utilizes ES-members, soldiers with unique and special powers and abilities, to settle these disputes. Two such ES-members are agents Eclair and Lumiere. However the more they work for GOTT, the more concerned they become with the real agenda of their organization.

Also I haven't seen the DVD of Fruit Baskets...
PostFri May 30, 2003 8:06 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
If that's the plot, why the hell is it called "Kiddy Grade" then, and why did FUNi say we should expect a Fruits Basket-like treatment?
PostFri May 30, 2003 8:10 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I updated my news post with an apology.

Happy now, humans?
PostFri May 30, 2003 9:11 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah i have kiddy grade but haven't watched all of it yet and yes "Kiddy Grade" is a very misleading name. And my friend who saw it all still has no idea why it would be called that but oh well. It does have a decent amount of violence and some nudity in certain episodes.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostFri May 30, 2003 10:30 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: So you really don't Kiddy Grade
ToonamiL wrote:
I believe Daikun does not know what he is saying. Kiddy Grade is not a Nick Jr.-type show. It action-oriented with sci-fi to keep it cool. Also, it's from Gonzo! They made Toonami-famed Blue Sub 6. BLUE SUB 6! I'm done with this. Check Anipike for more of it.

I gotta say that when I read this post, the first thing I thought of when I got gonzo was the muppet. A muppet made an anime? sweet. boy was I wrong, which really is too bad.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat May 31, 2003 1:23 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
As far as Kiddy Grade is concerned, I think I'll just read about it in this month's NewType. Rolling Eyes
I am surprised that FUNi got it, though. I would have expected ADV.

Nobuyuki if you hate spoilers I wouldn't read it(even though they're small). I wonder why they used that picture for the cover of NT.
I also just noticed Newtype has had a Kiddy Grade article for about the last 3 issues(maybe more).
And My only guess to why it's called Kiddy Grade is Eclair looks like an adult but acts more like a child at times while on the opther hand Lumiere looks like a child but acts more like an adult

Quote:
P.S. No, I don't really understand what Lance meant by a "Fruits Basket-like treatment", either... Confused

Maybe by Fruits Basket like treatment means we'll get more than 4 ep's a disk? I noticed vol 4 of FB has 7 ep's on it.
PostSat May 31, 2003 5:26 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
Nobuyuki if you hate spoilers I wouldn't read it(even though they're small).

I better get used to them. I have a subscription now. Not to mention the Internet fan community's general behavior sometimes. Wink
Quote:
I wonder why they used that picture for the cover of NT.

I think it's a Yuri-ffic picture to sell magazines with... Laughing

Quote:
Maybe by Fruits Basket like treatment means we'll get more than 4 ep's a disk? I noticed vol 4 of FB has 7 ep's on it.

I hope they meant accurate dub scripts, lots of extra materials, terrific artwork and better-than-normal FUNi acting. Wink
And four-to-seven episodes per disk would be best.
(Full Metal Panic!= 6 disks for 13(?) episodes) Mad
PostSat May 31, 2003 6:49 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
I think it's a Yuri-ffic picture to sell magazines with...

I should have said why did they use those version of them...I like the 2nd Eclair better then the 3rd... also Yuri is never a bad thing.

Quote:
hope they meant accurate dub scripts, lots of extra materials, terrific artwork and better-than-normal FUNi acting.
And four-to-seven episodes per disk would be best.
(Full Metal Panic!= 6 disks for 13(?) episodes

Well I like some of FUNI VAs but most of them or below Average? and where did you hear that about FMP? I would have thought 4 DVD's. I hope FUNI gives us the KG Promo when the DVD's come out.
PostSat May 31, 2003 7:36 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
and where did you hear that about FMP? I would have thought 4 DVD's.

You know what? Ignore that, and forget I ever said anything. I think I got confused with the Japanese release for some reason. Maybe not enough sleep and too many Pop-Tarts... Embarassed Embarassed
PostSat May 31, 2003 7:50 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: