нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
A picture is worth a thousand expletives. For the morbidly curious, go HERE for more excruciating details. Shrink back in terror as you gaze upon the image of DOOM:

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostThu Apr 10, 2003 10:44 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
A picture is worth a thousand expletives.

"OMGWTF!" comes to mind... Crying or Very sad

In other "news":
As can be found in the news section of Animenation.com:

The Daily Yomiuri (an English language newspaper in Japan) ran a story in its April 10th edition, entitled "Boys will be Lupin III, girls will be Fujiko", about an anime survey taken by Nikkei Entertainment Magazine. According to the survey of 10,000 Japanese adults, the most popular male anime characters were:

1. Lupin III (Lupin III)
2. Char Aznable (Kido Senshi Gundam)
3. Doraemon (Doraemon)
4. Conan (Meitantei Conan)
5. Joe Yabuki (Anutsa no Joe)

The most popular female characters were

1. Nausicaa (Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa)
2. Minami Asakura (Touch)
3. Fujiko Mine (Lupin III)
4. Lum (Urusei Yatsura)
5. Kyoko Otonashi (Maison Ikkoku)

The article also included the results to the question "Which anime character would you most like to be?", with Lupin and Fujiko taking first place and Minami Asakura and Doraemon taking second. The most hated characters according to the survey were, female: Ocho-fujin (Ace o Narae), male: Shinnosuke Nohara (Crayon Shin-chan).
PostSat Apr 12, 2003 1:01 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
British Prime Minister Tony Blair has recorded a guest appearance on Fox's THE SIMPSONS. Blair's cameo will be in an episode where The Simpsons take a trip to England. In their trip, they'll also meet Sir Ian McKellan and J.K. Rowling. Blair had reportedly signed a deal with Fox before Gulf War II started and agreed to live up to his committment to promote British tourism. "The Prime Minister takes every opportunity he can to promote Britain and the script enables him to bang the drum for the tourist industry to a worldwide audience," said an 11 Downing Street spokesman.

PostTue Apr 15, 2003 12:44 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
NBC is jumping into the white lion's den with a thirteen-episode order for a groundbreaking computer-animated series about the big cats who perform in Siegfried & Roy's Las Vegas magic show.

Titled Father of the Pride, the half-hour family comedy is targeted to debut in fall 2004. It will be produced for the network by DreamWorks TV.

The project is the brainchild of DreamWorks SKG principal Jeffrey Katzenberg, who originally conceived it as a feature about 18 months ago.

"I love animals, and I love the satire of being able to look at our world through their eyes," Katzenberg said. "I was watching the (Siegfried & Roy) show and the idea popped into my head: What must those lions be thinking? What must their life be like?" As Katzenberg developed the concept, he realized it was better suited to a TV series now that breakthroughs in animation technology have made it feasible to produce high-end "Shrek" -style CG (computer-generated) work on a TV series budget and timetable. NBC and other networks have approached DreamWorks in recent years about producing CG primetime series, but the company never felt it could deliver the goods until now, Katzenberg said.

"What's really very exciting here is that the incredibly rapid evolution of technology will make it possible to deliver something eighteen months from now that would have been impossible eighteen months ago," Katzenberg said. "One of the things that gave NBC the confidence in this project is that we would have more to lose than anybody if we don't (produce) something that's really extraordinary and will blow people away."

But for all the technical wizardry that will be employed on Father of the Pride, the real key, as with any entertainment series, is to develop distinctive characters. The focus on the big cats and their off-stage life also "opens itself up to wonderful, satirical social commentary," Katzenberg said. "Animal characters can say things that would be very hard for people to get away with."

Peter Mehlman (Seinfeld) and Jonathan Groff (Late Night with Conan O'Brien) have been tapped to write the pilot episode.

PostTue Apr 15, 2003 12:46 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Onegai Twins, the sequel to Please Teacher!, will air on the WOWOW sattelite network this June
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Less than a month after releasing the anime on DVD in Japan, Kyoto Animation is distributing Munto online for free. The 50-minute production has been split into three parts, each of which will be available for only 24 hours. Part A is currently available for download, and the other two OVA segments will be distributed on subsequent days.

http://www.munto.com/e/mov/sisya.html

PostTue Apr 15, 2003 12:46 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beginning April 21, 2003, participating BURGER KING® restaurants nationwide will be offering customers Justice League toys and mini-comic books based on the Cartoon Network series, as part of the their Big Kids’ Meals. Eight figures will be released, showcasing all seven heroes.

Power-Packed Fun: About The Toys
Each toy features at least one Justice League character showcasing their unique powers in a display of Super Hero prowess. The promotion runs for five weeks, during which time kids can collect all eight toys as well as accompanying 12-page mini DC Comic books. The accompanying comic books feature storylines inspired by each toy’s activity and will be the largest comic book run ever published.

Super-powered Online Fun
To add further excitement to the Justice League promotion, packaging for each superhero toy will contain special codes—available only at BURGER KING® restaurants—that kids can use on the Cartoon Network Website to win cToon online trading cards and other items from Justice League and BURGER KING®. By entering the Cartoon Orbit area on www.cartoonnetwork.com, kids can use their exclusive BURGER KING® cToons to win screen savers, BURGER KING® BURGER BUCKS® gift certificates and more toys, featuring their favorite cartoon characters.

Become a Justice League Character
In conjunction with the in-restaurant premium promotion at BURGER KING®, Cartoon Network and DC Comics are holding the “Justice League Adventure Sweepstakes.” Contestants can log on to CartoonNetwork.com to enter.

In addition to several amazing runner-up prizes, the grand prize winner will be illustrated in a real “Justice League of America” comic book and receive the original artwork from the DC Comics artist.

Advertising Adventure
The Justice League-BURGER KING® promotion will be featured in exclusive kid-directed advertising featuring original DC Comics animation; in-restaurant communication, a birthday mailer to Big Kids Club members and a special microsite at www.burgerking.com. Big kids can go to the microsite for interactive activities, downloadable screensavers and information about the eight toys.

PostTue Apr 15, 2003 12:47 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
June Bugs: A-to-Y, an alphabetical tribute to animation's biggest star, Bugs Bunny, comes to Boomerang this June with a 72-hour marathon beginning Friday, June 6 at 8 a.m. (ET) and continues until 8 a.m. (ET) on Monday, June 9.

June Bugs has aired on Boomerang's sister network, Cartoon Network for nearly ten years. June Bugs: A-to-Y will feature more than 160 Bugs Bunny cartoons in alphabetical order, beginning with "The Abominable Snow Rabbit," and ending with "Yankee Doodle Bugs." Over the course of 72 straight hours (presented in 8-hour blocks), the shorts will be shown commercial-free.

June Bugs Goes A-to-Z (okay, A-to-Y)
The following is an alphabetical look at some of Bugs' finest moments. Sadly, there are no Bugs cartoons featuring titles that start with the letters Q, V, X or Z.

"Ali Baba Bunny": Bugs and Daffy take a wrong turn and end up in ancient Baghdad, where they encounter a fantastic treasure cave and the imposing man who guards it. While Daffy, overcome with greed, enrages the genie, Bugs keeps his cool. (Saturday, June 1 at 8:30 a.m., ET/PT)

"Buccaneer Bunny": Yosemite Sam is a peeved pirate trying to uncover buried booty on a deserted island. But Bugs discovers the loot first, and Sam pursues him across the island and on his pirate ship, eventually ending up on the wrong end of a cannon blast. (Saturday, June 1 at 11:40 a.m. ET/PT)

"A Corny Concerto": An all-star roster, including Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig and Elmer Fudd, pitch in for this parody of Disney's Fantasia. Bugs dramatic performance includes some unusual wardrobe choices, such as a bra and tutu. (Saturday, June 1 at 2:10 p.m. ET/PT)

"Duck Amuck": From the opening scene, when Daffy's background scenery abruptly changes, the viewer knows this is going to be unlike any other cartoon. It's a post-modern madhouse that brings out the worst in Daffy's personality. Who's the culprit behind it all? None other than Bugs Bunny, who makes a cameo. (Saturday, June 1 at 2:50 p.m. ET/PT)

"Elmer's Candid Camera": This early Looney Tunes cartoon features a wise-cracking rabbit who torments Elmer Fudd, who in this case carries a camera, not a shotgun. While he may look different than the rabbit who would eventually grow to become one of the most famous stars in the world, this bunny has all of Bugs' prime characteristics; he's cool under pressure, he's got a wise-guy attitude and he gets the best of the hunter in the end. (Saturday, June 1 at 3:40 p.m. ET/PT)

"Forward March Hare": Bugs gets a draft notice in the mail by mistake and must join the army. Things go comically awry as the ultimate non-conformist butts up against the rigid structure of military life. It should come as no surprise that Bugs comes out on top. (Saturday, June 1 at 4:30 p.m. ET/PT)

"The Grey Hounded Hare": Bugs takes a trip to the dog track where he becomes smitten by the mechanical rabbit that prompts the pups to run. Bugs outwits his true love's canine pursuers but gets a "shocking" surprise in the end. (Saturday, June 1 at 6:10 p.m. ET/PT)

"A Hare Grows in Manhattan": By 1946, Bugs was as a major Hollywood star. Gossip columnist Lola Beverly shows up at his California estate to find out more about the star's early years. The cartoon flashes back to the rabbit's early days in Manhattan's East Side. Lola discovers that, as a child, Bugs tangled with tormentors all over New York City. But even in those days the rabbit always seemed to get the best of his antagonists. (Saturday, June 1 at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT)

"The Iceman Ducketh": Daffy decides to head north to capture Bugs for his valuable pelt. But Bugs stays ahead of him every step of the way, causing avalanches to fall on his feathered friend. It's winter wackiness as Daffy's relentless pursuit of the grey hare only ends up with the duck getting smashed, frozen and pursued by hungry bears. (Sunday, June 2 at 9:40 a.m. ET/PT)

"Jack-Wabbit and the Beanstalk":> Bugs hears about legendary carrots growing in Giantland, but he soon encounters the gardener's wrath. The giant chases and eventually captures Bugs, but the carrot-stealing rabbit escapes. Bugs decides to leave Giantland and its supersized carrots> , tricking the giant into a nasty fall before heading back down the beanstalk. (Sunday, June 2 at 10 a.m. ET/PT)

"Knighty Knight Bugs": Our hero finds himself several thousand miles and hundreds of years away from Albuquerque in his only Oscar-winning cartoon. King Arthur's Singing Sword has been stolen by the Black Knight, a.k.a. Yosemite Sam. No knight dares attempt to retrieve it from the hotheaded potentate (and his fire-breathing dragon) until Bugs shows up on the scene and rescues the purloined saber. (Sunday, June 2 at 10:30 a.m. ET/PT)

"Lumber Jack-Rabbit": In the only Warner Bros. cartoon originally produced in 3-D, Bugs uncovers a mine where the legendary Paul Bunyon has been storing his huge carrots. The giant lumberjack leaves his trusty guard dog Smidgen to watch over his stash. Bugs eventually wins over the pooch, but the slobbering hound is a terrible menace until Bugs finds a large Redwood tree nearby to distract him from his job. (Sunday, June 2 at 11:10 p.m. ET/PT)

"Mad as Mars Hare": Bugs winds up in outer space as part of his continuing quest for carrots, where he runs into a peeved Marvin Martian. Bugs gets the upper hand on the Martian, disintegrating him. But then Marvin counters with a trusty ACME Space Time Gun. Instead of zapping the pesky rabbit into the future, it turns him into a hulking Stone Age rabbit. (June 2 at 11:30 a.m. ET/PT)

"Napoleon Bunny-part": Taking yet another wrong turn sends Bugs across time to Napoleon's French chateau. Once again, Bugs ends up in drag, this time impersonating Josephine, Napoleon's wife. The diminutive emperor and Bugs share a dance, but the hotheaded Frenchman goes crazy when he sees Bugs' fluffy tail. When "Nappy" (as Bugs calls him), finally sends the rabbit to the guillotine, the wascally wabbit outfoxes the hapless executioner. (June 2 at 12 noon ET/PT)

"The Old Grey Hare": A complex cartoon, featuring a flash-forward to the distant future (the year 2000!) where Gran' Pappy Bugs and Old Man Fudd lock horns at an old age. It also flashes back to the two characters tangling as infants. Curiously, nowhere in the cartoon does our starring rabbit appear in his "normal" form. (June 2 at 12:20 p.m. ET/PT)

"Pre-Hysterical Hare": While running away from Elmer, Bugs discovers an old film reel containing "historical" footage from 10,000 B.C. Elmer Fuddstone, a hirsute ancient hunter, is in search of the fabled saber-toothed rabbit, who looks a lot like Bugs with longer teeth. Fudd invents gunpowder, only to have ur-Bugs invent the gun, which promptly blows up in Elmer's face. History, it seems, repeats itself. (Sunday, June 2 at 1:50 p.m. ET/PT)

"Rabbit Seasoning": Considered by many to be the best teaming of Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny, this cartoon, directed by Chuck Jones, features verbal jousting that nearly always ends with our feathered friend taking a shotgun blast to the kisser. Daffy and Bugs each try to convince confused hunter Elmer Fudd that the other is the appropriate prey. (Sunday, June 2 at 3:30 p.m. ET/PT)

"Slick Hare": Inside the exclusive Mocrumbo restaurant, Humphrey Bogart orders fried rabbit for dinner. Elmer Fudd, the harried waiter with only 20 minutes to produce an entree for the famous star, finds Bugs Bunny rooting through his carrot supply. A barrage of references to Hollywood stars like Lauren Bacall, the Marx Brothers and Carmen Miranda fly while Fudd tries to get Bugs cooked and on the platter. (Sunday, June 2 at 5:30 p.m. ET/PT)

"Tortoise Beats Hare": Normally, it's Bugs Bunny who gets the best of his opponents. But in this cartoon, Cecil Turtle, a slow-talking (and slow-moving) reptile, bests Bugs. Angered by the short's title, Bugs challenges Cecil to a race, with a 10-dollar prize to the winner. Despite his rapid pace, Bugs never seems to be able to catch up with his slowpoke competitor. But by the end, Bugs suspects that there may be some foul play involved. (Sunday, June 2 at 6:50 p.m., ET/PT)

"The Unmentionables": In this spoof of the TV series > The Untouchables, Bugs plays the part of detective Elegant Mess, hot on the trail of criminals Rocky and Mugsy. After tracking the two perps to their lakeside hideout. Rocky and Mugsy attempt to dispatch Bugs with a pair of concrete slippers. They start to celebrate with a few of their best gangster friends, but Bugs bounces back and eventually sends the bad guys upstate. (Sunday, June 2 at 7:10 p.m. ET/PT)

"What's Opera, Doc?": This Chuck Jones classic takes Richard Wagner's fourteen hour opera Der Ring des Nibelungen and compresses it into a highly stylized six-minute cartoon where Elmer Fudd dons a Viking helmet to romance Bugs' demure Brunhilde. (Sunday, June 2 at 9 p.m. ET/PT)

"Yankee Doodle Bugs": Bugs' nephew Clyde is studying for a history exam when Bugs starts telling him about the important role rabbits have played in America's past. Bugs writes himself into events like Ben Franklin's discovery of electricity and takes credit for inspiring Betsy Ross' flag design. Unfortunately, none of this revisionist history helps Clyde, who ends up bringing home a dunce cap. (Sunday, June 2, 9:50 p.m. ET/PT).

PostTue Apr 15, 2003 12:49 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
June Bugs: A-to-Y, an alphabetical tribute to animation's biggest star, Bugs Bunny, comes to Boomerang this June with a 72-hour marathon beginning Friday, June 6 at 8 a.m. (ET) and continues until 8 a.m. (ET) on Monday, June 9.

June Bugs has aired on Boomerang's sister network, Cartoon Network for nearly ten years. June Bugs: A-to-Y will feature more than 160 Bugs Bunny cartoons in alphabetical order, beginning with "The Abominable Snow Rabbit," and ending with "Yankee Doodle Bugs." Over the course of 72 straight hours (presented in 8-hour blocks), the shorts will be shown commercial-free.

June Bugs Goes A-to-Z (okay, A-to-Y)
The following is an alphabetical look at some of Bugs' finest moments. Sadly, there are no Bugs cartoons featuring titles that start with the letters Q, V, X or Z.

"Ali Baba Bunny": Bugs and Daffy take a wrong turn and end up in ancient Baghdad, where they encounter a fantastic treasure cave and the imposing man who guards it. While Daffy, overcome with greed, enrages the genie, Bugs keeps his cool. (Saturday, June 1 at 8:30 a.m., ET/PT)

"Buccaneer Bunny": Yosemite Sam is a peeved pirate trying to uncover buried booty on a deserted island. But Bugs discovers the loot first, and Sam pursues him across the island and on his pirate ship, eventually ending up on the wrong end of a cannon blast. (Saturday, June 1 at 11:40 a.m. ET/PT)

"A Corny Concerto": An all-star roster, including Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig and Elmer Fudd, pitch in for this parody of Disney's Fantasia. Bugs dramatic performance includes some unusual wardrobe choices, such as a bra and tutu. (Saturday, June 1 at 2:10 p.m. ET/PT)

"Duck Amuck": From the opening scene, when Daffy's background scenery abruptly changes, the viewer knows this is going to be unlike any other cartoon. It's a post-modern madhouse that brings out the worst in Daffy's personality. Who's the culprit behind it all? None other than Bugs Bunny, who makes a cameo. (Saturday, June 1 at 2:50 p.m. ET/PT)

"Elmer's Candid Camera": This early Looney Tunes cartoon features a wise-cracking rabbit who torments Elmer Fudd, who in this case carries a camera, not a shotgun. While he may look different than the rabbit who would eventually grow to become one of the most famous stars in the world, this bunny has all of Bugs' prime characteristics; he's cool under pressure, he's got a wise-guy attitude and he gets the best of the hunter in the end. (Saturday, June 1 at 3:40 p.m. ET/PT)

"Forward March Hare": Bugs gets a draft notice in the mail by mistake and must join the army. Things go comically awry as the ultimate non-conformist butts up against the rigid structure of military life. It should come as no surprise that Bugs comes out on top. (Saturday, June 1 at 4:30 p.m. ET/PT)

"The Grey Hounded Hare": Bugs takes a trip to the dog track where he becomes smitten by the mechanical rabbit that prompts the pups to run. Bugs outwits his true love's canine pursuers but gets a "shocking" surprise in the end. (Saturday, June 1 at 6:10 p.m. ET/PT)

"A Hare Grows in Manhattan": By 1946, Bugs was as a major Hollywood star. Gossip columnist Lola Beverly shows up at his California estate to find out more about the star's early years. The cartoon flashes back to the rabbit's early days in Manhattan's East Side. Lola discovers that, as a child, Bugs tangled with tormentors all over New York City. But even in those days the rabbit always seemed to get the best of his antagonists. (Saturday, June 1 at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT)

"The Iceman Ducketh": Daffy decides to head north to capture Bugs for his valuable pelt. But Bugs stays ahead of him every step of the way, causing avalanches to fall on his feathered friend. It's winter wackiness as Daffy's relentless pursuit of the grey hare only ends up with the duck getting smashed, frozen and pursued by hungry bears. (Sunday, June 2 at 9:40 a.m. ET/PT)

"Jack-Wabbit and the Beanstalk":> Bugs hears about legendary carrots growing in Giantland, but he soon encounters the gardener's wrath. The giant chases and eventually captures Bugs, but the carrot-stealing rabbit escapes. Bugs decides to leave Giantland and its supersized carrots> , tricking the giant into a nasty fall before heading back down the beanstalk. (Sunday, June 2 at 10 a.m. ET/PT)

"Knighty Knight Bugs": Our hero finds himself several thousand miles and hundreds of years away from Albuquerque in his only Oscar-winning cartoon. King Arthur's Singing Sword has been stolen by the Black Knight, a.k.a. Yosemite Sam. No knight dares attempt to retrieve it from the hotheaded potentate (and his fire-breathing dragon) until Bugs shows up on the scene and rescues the purloined saber. (Sunday, June 2 at 10:30 a.m. ET/PT)

"Lumber Jack-Rabbit": In the only Warner Bros. cartoon originally produced in 3-D, Bugs uncovers a mine where the legendary Paul Bunyon has been storing his huge carrots. The giant lumberjack leaves his trusty guard dog Smidgen to watch over his stash. Bugs eventually wins over the pooch, but the slobbering hound is a terrible menace until Bugs finds a large Redwood tree nearby to distract him from his job. (Sunday, June 2 at 11:10 p.m. ET/PT)

"Mad as Mars Hare": Bugs winds up in outer space as part of his continuing quest for carrots, where he runs into a peeved Marvin Martian. Bugs gets the upper hand on the Martian, disintegrating him. But then Marvin counters with a trusty ACME Space Time Gun. Instead of zapping the pesky rabbit into the future, it turns him into a hulking Stone Age rabbit. (June 2 at 11:30 a.m. ET/PT)

"Napoleon Bunny-part": Taking yet another wrong turn sends Bugs across time to Napoleon's French chateau. Once again, Bugs ends up in drag, this time impersonating Josephine, Napoleon's wife. The diminutive emperor and Bugs share a dance, but the hotheaded Frenchman goes crazy when he sees Bugs' fluffy tail. When "Nappy" (as Bugs calls him), finally sends the rabbit to the guillotine, the wascally wabbit outfoxes the hapless executioner. (June 2 at 12 noon ET/PT)

"The Old Grey Hare": A complex cartoon, featuring a flash-forward to the distant future (the year 2000!) where Gran' Pappy Bugs and Old Man Fudd lock horns at an old age. It also flashes back to the two characters tangling as infants. Curiously, nowhere in the cartoon does our starring rabbit appear in his "normal" form. (June 2 at 12:20 p.m. ET/PT)

"Pre-Hysterical Hare": While running away from Elmer, Bugs discovers an old film reel containing "historical" footage from 10,000 B.C. Elmer Fuddstone, a hirsute ancient hunter, is in search of the fabled saber-toothed rabbit, who looks a lot like Bugs with longer teeth. Fudd invents gunpowder, only to have ur-Bugs invent the gun, which promptly blows up in Elmer's face. History, it seems, repeats itself. (Sunday, June 2 at 1:50 p.m. ET/PT)

"Rabbit Seasoning": Considered by many to be the best teaming of Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny, this cartoon, directed by Chuck Jones, features verbal jousting that nearly always ends with our feathered friend taking a shotgun blast to the kisser. Daffy and Bugs each try to convince confused hunter Elmer Fudd that the other is the appropriate prey. (Sunday, June 2 at 3:30 p.m. ET/PT)

"Slick Hare": Inside the exclusive Mocrumbo restaurant, Humphrey Bogart orders fried rabbit for dinner. Elmer Fudd, the harried waiter with only 20 minutes to produce an entree for the famous star, finds Bugs Bunny rooting through his carrot supply. A barrage of references to Hollywood stars like Lauren Bacall, the Marx Brothers and Carmen Miranda fly while Fudd tries to get Bugs cooked and on the platter. (Sunday, June 2 at 5:30 p.m. ET/PT)

"Tortoise Beats Hare": Normally, it's Bugs Bunny who gets the best of his opponents. But in this cartoon, Cecil Turtle, a slow-talking (and slow-moving) reptile, bests Bugs. Angered by the short's title, Bugs challenges Cecil to a race, with a 10-dollar prize to the winner. Despite his rapid pace, Bugs never seems to be able to catch up with his slowpoke competitor. But by the end, Bugs suspects that there may be some foul play involved. (Sunday, June 2 at 6:50 p.m., ET/PT)

"The Unmentionables": In this spoof of the TV series > The Untouchables, Bugs plays the part of detective Elegant Mess, hot on the trail of criminals Rocky and Mugsy. After tracking the two perps to their lakeside hideout. Rocky and Mugsy attempt to dispatch Bugs with a pair of concrete slippers. They start to celebrate with a few of their best gangster friends, but Bugs bounces back and eventually sends the bad guys upstate. (Sunday, June 2 at 7:10 p.m. ET/PT)

"What's Opera, Doc?": This Chuck Jones classic takes Richard Wagner's fourteen hour opera Der Ring des Nibelungen and compresses it into a highly stylized six-minute cartoon where Elmer Fudd dons a Viking helmet to romance Bugs' demure Brunhilde. (Sunday, June 2 at 9 p.m. ET/PT)

"Yankee Doodle Bugs": Bugs' nephew Clyde is studying for a history exam when Bugs starts telling him about the important role rabbits have played in America's past. Bugs writes himself into events like Ben Franklin's discovery of electricity and takes credit for inspiring Betsy Ross' flag design. Unfortunately, none of this revisionist history helps Clyde, who ends up bringing home a dunce cap. (Sunday, June 2, 9:50 p.m. ET/PT).

PostTue Apr 15, 2003 12:50 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Breaking into a cool new licensing category, SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS is available now in an Ice Cream Parlor line from Breyers. Now fans who dig SpongeBob can dig into a bowl of vanilla-flavored ice cream with a caramel swirl and chocolate cookie dough pieces shaped like SpongeBob and his friend Patrick. Joining SpongeBob SquarePants ice cream is the Ice Cream Parlor Creamsicle. Other new products coming out to feature the characters from the undersea town of Bikini Bottom include Bounty paper towels and napkins from Procter & Gamble, Trading cards and trading card collectible games from The Upper Deck Co., Steel Skin, Inc. Body jewelry, Baseball jerseys by Majestic Athletic, Ltd. and Utility pillows from Pillowtex Corp. SPONGEBOB will also be featured on lines of plush toys, keychains, novelty impulse products, figurines, magnets and drinkware from Applause; and Monogram International Bicycle plates, magnets, door plaques, key rings, notepads, mugs, pens; as well as baking utensils, candles, treat bags, lollipop bags, icing decorations from Wilton Industries, Inc.

PostThu Apr 17, 2003 1:11 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
This isn't news, but I have a question about animation.

Why is it that the original MSG (and pretty much all of the animation from the 60's and 70's) was drawn so horribly compared to newer animation? I mean it's not like they learned to draw better over the past 30 years.
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 10:54 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
actually basicly they have. this is one question that my "stump the monkey" thread would have been good for. I think I'll try and dig it up to answer it, you want the answer look for it there tommarow, if I can't find it I'll start a new thread I think will be fairly easy to spot.

PostFri Apr 18, 2003 3:03 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Val Kilmer has joined the voice cast of Atlanta-based Fathom Studios' independent CG feature Delgo. The Batman Forever star will join Monty Python's Eric Idle and The Green Mile's Michael Clarke Duncan in the audio booth for the fantasy adventure film.

Fathom has yet to announce casting of the title character, Delgo, a troubled youth who must save the world with a little help from friends. Joining his on his quest are a cocky soldier named Bogardus (Kilmer), a pompous and dim-witted imp by the name of Spig (Idle) and mystical Stonesage master Elder Marley (Duncan).

All three actors have previous experience in voicing animated characters. Kilmer did double duty as the voice of both Moses and God in DreamWorks' The Prince of Egypt. Idle lent his distinctive British comic stylings to such films as Paramount's South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, while Duncan voiced a CG character in Warner Bros.' Cats & Dogs.

Fathom began work on Delgo in 1998. The feature will be the studio's first. Selected work-in-progress shots can be downloaded at the movie's website, www.delgo.com.

PostFri Apr 18, 2003 10:50 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
This Mother's Day, May 11th, Cartoon Network will be celebrating by holding a modern stone-age tribute to the first of the first moms, Wilma Flintstone.

The seven-hour marathon will feature ten episodes of The Flintstones, following Wilma's marraige to Fred and the birth of her daughter Pebbles, and will be capped off with the two-hour-long movie Hollyrock-A-Bye-Baby, in which Pebbles becomes a mother of her own.

Below is a list of all episodes that will be played during this marathon, straight from the press release. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

·12 p.m.: "Bachelor Daze"- In a flashback, Wilma and Betty, waitresses at a fancy Bedrock hotel, first meet their future husbands, Fred and Barney.

·12:30 p.m.: "The Happy Household"- Money is tight at home, so Wilma decides to get a job. She becomes a star when she lands a gig on a TV show.

·1 p.m.: "Fred Flintstone Woos Again"- When the Flintstones find out that the official who married them was never licensed, Wilma takes the opportunity to make Fred court her all over again.

·1:30 p.m.: "The Surprise"- Fred finds out that there will be a new addition to the Flintstone family.

·2 p.m.: "Mother-in-Law's Visit"- In anticipation of becoming a father, Fred promises to be more kind, considerate and thoughtful. But when his mother-in-law arrives, Fred is pushed to the limit.

·2:30 p.m.: "Fred's New Job"- With a baby on the way, Wilma encourages Fred to ask for a raise. His tightwad boss Mr. Slate, decides to make it hard on Fred as an example to anyone else asking for more money.

·3 p.m. "The Dress Rehearsal"- Fred is so nervous about Wilma's impending delivery that he decides to stage a dress rehearsal. All is going well until the practice run turns into the real thing.

·3:30 p.m.: "Carry On Nurse Fred": Wilma and Fred are settling into their new roles as parents, but the nurse Wilma's mother hired is not making things easier for the Flintstones.

·4 p.m.: "Ventriloquist Barney"- Barney learns how to throw his voice and decides to play a prank of Fred and Wilma. He convinces them that newborn Pebbles can speak.

·4:30 p.m.: "Pebbles' Birthday Party"- Wilma asks for Fred's help in arranging Pebbles' first birthday party. It turns out he's also setting up a bash at his lodge. Wackiness ensues when the clown shows up for at the Water Buffalo Lodge and Pebbles is visited by wild dancing girls.

·5 p.m.: Hollyrock-A-Bye-Baby- Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm are now married and move to Hollyrock to try to break into the movie business. It turns out the two have been working on a double feature - twins. Fred, Wilma, Barney and Betty head out west to visit their kids. While helping his son-in-law sell his script, Fred gets tangled with a glamorous movie actress and some shady jewel thieves in this 2-hour animated feature.

PostFri Apr 18, 2003 10:51 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
A trailer for DreamWorks' upcoming "Sinbad" is now available: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808405886&cf=trailer&intl=us

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSun Apr 20, 2003 2:53 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Will Vinton Booted Out Of His Own Studio! Twenty-seven years after he started the studio that became famous for the California Raisins, Claymation and THE PJS, Will Vinton has been unceremoniously laid off from his Portland, Oregon-based Will Vinton Studios. He departed the studio on Thursday, April 17, and also resigned from its board of directors. The studio's PR firm bluntly told THE OREGONIAN, "This is part of a strategy to restructure the company." Vinton CEO Jeff Farnath, the formey Disney exec who joined the studio in 2000, declined to comment, but the newspaper article reports that this is part of a move to push the studio away from animated advertising and into feature films, which is actually something the studio has been trying to do for many years. I don't know much more about the story, but it seems fairly obvious that Vinton didn't leave on his own accord. It wouldn't be surprising to see Will Vinton start another company, much like Phil Roman, who started Phil Roman Entertainment after being ousted from Film Roman a few years back.

An exclusive from Animation blast:
a copy of the company-wide email that Will Vinton wrote to announce his departure:

Hi everybody,

I want you all to know that on Monday, April 14th, I resigned from the WVS Board of Directors. Today, I have been laid off along with a number of staff members and I will be leaving the Company as an employee right away.

I want to thank each and every one of you for the fabulous work and contributions you've made to this company in the past. It has been one amazing 27 year run! - And I have no (well, few!) regrets! When I think back on the highlights of my career I'm astounded at some of the great things we did together - but the best part of it all was working collaboratively with some of the best people and talent anywhere! That has been my greatest pleasure!

Because I think of most of you as friends as well as colleagues, I want to invite you to talk with me about this change if you are intertested, anytime. This evening from 5:45 on, I plan to meet with some of you at Bridgeport Pub to talk and to celebrate (as in a "wake"). You are all invited to join if you want! If you have thoughts, want to talk about it or have questions, or just want to toast to many years of incredible work we have done together, please join me. Most of us go back many many years - others I've only known for a short time but we have become close friends - so I'm happy to let you know what I am doing and where I am going and why.

Again, thanks a million everybody! And best of luck to you all!

May your futures be bright, fun, successful and, above all, animated!
Will Vinton

PostSun Apr 20, 2003 1:35 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 6 of 21

Jump to: