нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Toonami Fan CD
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Toonami Fan CD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calus

Post subject: Toonami Fan CD
Attention Toonami fans. I am making a Toonami fan CD.

I AM NOT GOING TO SELL THIS FOR PROFIT OR ANY OTHER REASON; IT WILL BE A FREE CD HOSTED SOMEWHERE ON THE WEB. JOE BOYD VIGIL AND DJ CLARKNOVA ROCK, AND WILL RECIEVE CREDIT ON THE TRACKS THEY WORKED ON. IF THIS IS ILLEGAL, I WILL CEISE AND DESIST IMMEDIATLY.

The content will be 'clean', 'fixed', and extended tracks from Black Hole Megamix, as well as extended promo tracks/intros.

Clean and fixed mean that I have taken out the dialogue (BHM) and sped them up and changed the tempo if needed.

I currently have FINISHED mixing the following tracks. Please look on T.A. and Youtube to hear them in their original format in recorded Toonami videos.

Black Hole Megamix:

Track 4 (From the Tom3 Yu Yu Hakusho intro)
Track 19 (From the Tom3 DBZ Kid Buu intro)

Promo/Misc. Intros:

Ignition (From the Tom 1 DBZ Freeza intro; not the first track on Deep Space Bass despite the same name)

At this time, I do not plan to do any tracks from the Deep Space Bass CD. However, I believe there is a different version of Arabic than the one included on DSB. ANY MUSIC DIFFERENT FROM OR NOT INCLUDED ON DEEP SPACE BASS AND BLACK HOLE MEGAMIX WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Here are the promo/intro tracks I have at the moment. Every other track I have are from Deep Space Bass and Black Hole Megamix.

1st Gundam Closing Theme
8thTeam60
0080Killaz60
Alien
ApeEscape
BandaiGundam
Chill
Classic
Crusher
DarkKnight
Deeper
EpicReturn
Evil
Expatriots
FuzzRock
HashBrowns
Heavy
IntruderPromo
JoesHouse
Organic
Prayer
Rise Up
SineOff
Spectre
ToonamiTrailer
TurnSignal

At the moment, I have literally just finished the Ignition track. I plan on doing an extended version of Rise Up next. Chances are I will not release any of the tracks until the CD is complete, however if things go the way of the Do-Do, I will distribute them as-is. A compilation CD would be good as well. Anyone wishing to send in their own extended/fixed tracks to me is free to do so, and you will receive full credit on the project. I am hoping to do at least 7 tracks or so, and I'm not sure if I can do it all by myself.

I will NOT ACCEPT the following:

Remixes of tracks. (Not until the fan CD is done at least.)
Tracks not done by Joe Boyd Vigil.
Rips/Audio recordings of Toonami promo/intro videos. I need tracks that are as clean to work with as possible; Goku blasting Dr. Gero and him screaming while the track is playing isn't going to help me.

I don't have a specific release date or month. I am going to try and do as many tracks as possible before my next college semester starts up again. (About 3 weeks from this post date)

Other than all that, please help if you can and enjoy the finished products when they come out. I look forward to feedback on this post.

Later.
PostTue Dec 18, 2007 4:52 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calus

Post subject:
Update:

I have finished extending 'Chill' (Second Reboot intro) and 'Fuzz Rock' (I forget where it's from, lol)
PostWed Dec 19, 2007 7:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CabooseJr

Post subject:
I like the concept, I can't wait until the release.
PostSun Dec 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Calus

Post subject:
Project isn't dead; Just finished extending the good version of Arabic the other day. ^^;

I also found Strings (Space promo) and Scratch My Back (Moltar DBZ intro).

I'm thinking about putting quotes in before the track from matching promos. For example, I could have a voice clip of Tom1 saying 'Here comes the battle royal' before the Arabic track starts up. Anyone like the idea, or get enough of that with Blackhole Mega Mix?
PostFri Jan 11, 2008 2:44 am
CabooseJr

Post subject:
I wouldn't recommend doing quotes, but It's good to hear that it's not dead. I can't wait until the release.
PostFri Jan 11, 2008 10:19 pm
VortexSpin

Post subject:
Since we're in this mostly for nostalgia, I would prefer quotes to be laced into the tracks. The quotes are the primary reason I prefer BHM to Deep Space Bass.

Last edited by VortexSpin on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Jan 15, 2008 12:56 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
VortexSpin wrote:
Since we're in this mostly for nostalgia, I would prefer quotes to be laced into the tracks. The quotes are the primary reason I prefer BHM to Deep Space Bass.

I go the other way. In the end it's artist's choice.
PostFri Jan 18, 2008 6:40 pm
Calus

Post subject:
They won't be laced into the tracks. They'd go right before the actual track starts. I do believe I'll put them in though; they'll be easy enough for people to cut if they don't like them.
PostSat Jan 19, 2008 2:18 pm
CabooseJr

Post subject:
Ok, that's good to hear. Still waiting for the release.
PostSat Jan 19, 2008 5:33 pm
Calus

Post subject:
I have one more track to go. Here's what you have to look forward to (not in order)

Arabic
Scratch My Back
Fuzz Rock
Chill
Track 4 from BHM (renamed 'East')
Track 19 from BHM (yet to be named)
2nd Coming a.k.a Ignition

I'm going to work on Rise Up either later tonight or tomorrow, then get the album artwork done so we can all put it on our comps and/or iPods. I may work on a couple more BHM tracks though.

I guess I'll just distribute it through Rapidshare unless I can get it hosted somewhere else, which I'd like to do. >.<
PostSat Jan 19, 2008 11:51 pm
CabooseJr

Post subject:
Try Filefront or megaupload.
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 2:21 pm
Calus

Post subject:
Alright, here's the album my friends.

http://rapidshare.com/files/85308221/Toonami_-_Rare__Restored__and_Recut.zip.html

If the download link expires, just PM me and I'll get it back up again.

Here is the official tracklist.

1. Scratch My Back (Extended, with audio from DBZ)
2. Arabic (Extended, with audio from DBZ)
3. Chill (Extended, with audio from Reboot)
4. Second Coming (Extended, with audio from DBZ)
5. Exquisite (Clean and extended; formerly BHM track # 20)
6. Strings (Extended, with audio from Gundam Wing)
7. Fuzz Rock (Extended, with audio from DBZ)
8. East (Clean and extended with audio from Yu Yu Hakusho; formerly BHM track #4)
9. Time's Up (Clean and extended with audio from DBZ; formerly BHM track #19)
10. Rise Up (Extended with audio from Tenchi Universe and the old Toonami bumps)

I have also included in the ZIP file a Director's Notes document, which I think you should look at. It gives some insight into why this was made and everything. So, please enjoy, and DO leave feedback. ^^
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 7:00 pm
CabooseJr

Post subject:
What about the tracks that you posted in the first post?

Also, East actually has a more faster tempo.
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 10:21 pm
Calus

Post subject:
Tracks in the first post were ones I had in my possession; many could not be edited because of how they sounded.

Also, I tried to get East's tempo up to what it was in the YYH intros (which I successfully did), but it distorted the bass beats and made them sound horribly scratchy. Tried a few tricks to salvage it at that level...but it wasn't going to work. So what I released was the closest I could get without it turning out distorted.
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 10:38 pm
CabooseJr

Post subject:
Well, I used Audacity to cut out all the quotes and I successfully got the tempo for East to be faster without problems.
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 12:05 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: