нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
In all their infinite wisdom, Warner Bros execs have decided that the classic Warner characters should make cameo appearances in their current TV shows, likely as a promotion for the forthcoming Looney Tunes feature BACK IN ACTION. For example, the Road Runner will be making an appearance in one of the WB's action-adventure cartoons (like STATIC SHOCK) and the Tasmanian Devil is scheduled to appear on MUCHA LUCHA! It's unclear whether the characters are going to be animated into the shows or if they're going to be cheaply superimposed on top, but any way you look at this, its imbecilic, inappropriate and insulting to the legacies of Jones, Clampett, Freleng, Avery and McKimson. It's good those directors are all gone so they don't have to witness their creations being desecrated for the sake of a buck.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSun Apr 20, 2003 1:36 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Simpsons may be the royal family of primetime animation, but do they have a talking, cigarette smoking dog named Brian and a maniacal baby who speaks with a British accent and tirelessly plots his mother's demise? Well The Family Guy has all that and a big, fat, fumbling dad, and the entire first season is now available on DVD.

While it only lasted two seasons on Fox, the irreverent animated comedy about a sweetly dysfunctional suburban family has built a cult following. "I think that, ironically, a lot of it did have to do with the fact that the show was constantly fighting to stay on the air and was kind of hard to find," says series creator and voice actor Seth MacFarlane. "It almost created this feeling among the fans that 'Oh, this is something we know about and enjoy and the rest of the world doesn't.'"

MacFarlane also recognizes that "animation fans tend to be more enthusiastic and passionate about what they like." He comments, "For me personally, it's much more rewarding to have someone come up and just be frantic about how much they love the show as opposed to working on a more mainstream, traditional sit-com kind of thing where you just don't see as much of that. You really don't see the rabid, passionate Becker fan."

While the loyal fan base will no doubt be snatching copies off the shelf, MacFarlane hopes others will discover the show on DVD. "It creates a new life for a project like this," he says. "Who knows? There's always the possibility that if it did extremely well, Fox or someone might take notice and say, 'Wait a minute, maybe we ought to give this thing another look.' But the more likely thing would be that maybe there would be a direct-to-video release of a Family Guy feature or series. I've never heard of anything like that happening, but you never know."

Though he has ideas for other TV projects, MacFarlane has turned his attention to the big screen. He is currently writing and directing the R-rated CG feature film Party Animals for Twentieth Century Fox Animation. The film is based on the book Frisco Pidgeon Mambo by C.D. Payne and is being produced by Bobby and Peter Farrelly.

PostMon Apr 21, 2003 10:30 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
It appears that Sony has licensed the theatrical film Memories for US distribution while Synch-Point has picked up Tree of Palme, going by the information provided on the Egyptian Theater website which is having an anime festival soon that also includes Junkers Come Home and the new Spirit of Wonder show from Bandai.

This nes is a bit old but I forgot to post about it AND it was memories that really got me to look at anime without wanting to put something through my tv. Escaflowne is what cinched the deal. Smile I've been waiting for memories to get liscenced for about 5 years now.

PostMon Apr 21, 2003 11:21 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
while Synch-Point has picked up Tree of Palme, going by the information provided on the Egyptian Theater website

I'm afraid they're wrong...
Direct copy-paste from AoD:
Quote:
Synch-Point denies Tree of Palme (03:33 PM EST): According to a response from Synch-Point, they do not have Tree of Palme as one of their licenses. The listing at the Egyptian also includes Digital Manga, which was all part of the strange split last year, so the information may not be properly attributed.

And further...
Direct copy-paste from ANN:
Quote:
A Tree of Palme confirmation (2003-04-16 20:29:18 )
We've confirmed with Digital Manga that they have not licensed A Tree of Palme. Rather, DM is representing the Japanese owners of the film and working to get it licensed by a North American company.

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:01 am; edited 3 times in total
PostMon Apr 21, 2003 11:59 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
While I'm at it, and thanks to BebopDeathGod for the head's-up:

Quote:
Anime Boston Acquisition Announcements (2003-04-20 22:57:49)
A number of new acquisitions were announced this weekend at Anime Boston.
Synch Point: DigiCharat Movie and Leave it to Piyoko!
Bandai Entertainment: Witch Hunter Robin.
ADV Films: Final Fantasy Unlimited, Azumanga Daioh, Neon Genesis Evangelion Directors Cut and Abenobashi Magical Shopping District.
Pioneer: Mahoromatric Season 2 and Haibane Renmei (Macross Zero was unofficially mentioned at another Panel as well).
With the exception of Azumanga Daioh, which was leaked a few months ago, these are all completely new announcements.

According to AoD's reporters regarding Macross Zero- Someone at the Manga Entertainment panel asked about it, and the reply was "Go ask Pioneer."
When Pioneer was asked at their panel, the reply was, "No comment."
Take it for what it's worth.
PostTue Apr 22, 2003 12:04 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Awesome! I'm so glad Haibane Renmei finnaly got picked up by someone, escpecially Pioneer.
PostTue Apr 22, 2003 10:18 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I pretty much expected it, since it's a Pioneer LDC production.

:add: Now we get a release date.
Haibane Renmei Vol. 1 (of 4) set for August 26, 2003, in regular and ltd. edition w/ box, $29.95/$34.98 MSRP. Smile
Also on that date:
Mahoromatic: Something More Beautiful Vol.1 (of 4), for $29.95 Cool

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Apr 22, 2003 8:42 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
With the second season of Justice League fast approaching, Timm is getting prepared to instigate some changes for the show. In an excellent interview at Comicon's The Pulse, Timm discusses some changes and plans for the series.

The shows are so much more improved over season one, it's almost like a brand new show," Timm told The Pulse. "Don't get me wrong, I think we did a lot of really good shows the first season, but there was an overall kind of blandness about it. There was maybe a little too much reliance on "been there, done that" clichés, particularly in terms of the dialog. So we just made a real concerted effort in the second season to not let any of the scripts go until they were as shiny and polished as they could be. And I think it's really a big difference in the second season."

Expect only Dr. Fate and Aquaman to guest-star in the second season, but alot of new, and returning, villians will appear. Timm also revealed that Cartoon Network is going to air an episode from Justice League's second season early.

"[Justice League's second season] won't come out until October, except for "Twilight", which will be on in July," Timm told the Pulse. "That's our big return of Darkseid show. We had a bunch of really good story arcs with Darkseid in the Superman show, and we thought now was time to bring him back to the Justice League, to see what other storylinescould explore with him. The Superman shows were pretty good stories. The last Darkseid story in particular had one of the coolest Darkseid climaxes ever, where Superman basically blew up Darkseid's head. We said, how do we top that?"

Timm also revealed that the Batman Adventures: Harley & Ivy comic mini-series, which has been delayed for almost eight years, is scheduled for release later this year.

Timm also addresses the possible Batman/Wonder Woman relationship, Superman's power level, how comics are influencing the new Justice League. To read the complete interview, check out Comicon's The Pulse at: http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/pulse.cgi?http%3A//www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi%3Fubb%3Dget_topic%26f%3D36%26t%3D000941

PostThu Apr 24, 2003 11:45 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Disney Channel Japan will launch in winter 2003/2004. The announcement comes as Disney Channel celebrates the 20th anniversary of its debut on cable television in the U.S.

The 24-hour television network will air classic animated movies, the pre-school programming of Playhouse Disney and new original series such as Recess and Kim Possible.

Japanese viewers will be able to receive the service as à la carte option on SKY PerfecTV and as a basic cable channel. The Japan launch means that the cabler will now be available in over 100 million homes in 63 countries around the world

PostThu Apr 24, 2003 9:32 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
In the "Ask Greg" section of Greg Weisman's Section 8 website, a website devoted to the hit animated series Gargoyles, show co-producer and co-creator Greg Weisman updated fans on the upcoming Gargoyles DVDs.

"I was contacted by John Hanna at Buena Vista Home Video," said Weisman. "The Gargoyles DVD is definitely on. As some of you know, I had been concerned since I hadn't heard from John in a long time. The "bad news" is that it has been moved back to 2004 release to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the series.

Gargoyles features a band of powerful, mythical creatures, who once guarded a medieval Scottish fortress but have since been transported to present-day Manhattan. At night, these courageous guardians come alive to protect the city from an assortment of treacherous modern-day barbarians.

Weisman also revealed that Buena Vista Home Video is currently deciding on whether to approach the series with season sets or with compilation discs. More comments and information can be found in the "Ask Greg" section of Greg Weisman's Section 8 website.

PostFri Apr 25, 2003 2:24 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
TOKYOPOP sent out a press release today "announcing" the acquisition of five new Manga series, all set to debut in July.

Out of the five titles, the new ones are Vision of Escaflowne and Confidential Confessions, the other 3 titles, Saber Marionette J, Wild Act, Zodiac P.I. had all been mentioned previously (here and here).

However this is the first time specific dates have been announced for thos titles.

Excerpts from Press Release:

TOKYOPOP is pleased to announce the acquisition of five new manga series, all set to debut as part of the company’s exciting July line-up.

The Vision of Escaflowne (Fantasy / Adventure, Volume 1: July 10, 2003)

Written by Aki Katsu, The Vision of Escaflowne manga is based on one of the most acclaimed anime series of the past decade. This enchanting shonen story follows the adventures of high school girl Hitomi Hoshino, whose dabbling with tarot cards suddenly lands her in a strange world called Gaea. With her new friend Van Fanel—the young prince of the devastated kingdom of Fanelia—Hitomi becomes involved in the battle against the Zaibach forces, an evil empire bent on conquering the planet.

Saber Marionette J (Action / Adventure / Comedy, Volume 1: July 8, 2003)

From the wildly successful anime comes Saber Marionette J, an exciting manga series written by Satoru Akahori. Enter a world with no women. The surviving men have reinvented females in the form of androids called “marionettes.” Marionettes are built to serve men and are normally devoid of any emotion. However, there are a limited number that possess special circuits enabling them to feel. The life of a poor boy—Otaru Mamiya—will forever change when he encounters three of these special “Saber Marionettes” and unlocks the key to mankind’s salvation.

Wild Act (Comedy, Volume 1: July 8, 2003)

This hilarious manga about celebrity worship is the creation of Rie Takada, who invites readers to step into the shoes of the ultimate groupie, Yuniko. A die-hard fan, she has only one goal… to snag memorabilia from her favorite celebrities. But things quickly get complicated as she realizes that this scavenger hunt is harder than she ever imagined, especially when it involves nabbing items from the late Akira Nanae—a famous actor who shared an exhilarating relationship with her mother.

Zodiac P.I. (Action / Adventure, Volume 1: July 8, 2003)

A clever shojo-ai series—written by Natsumi Ando—Zodiac P.I. originally appeared in the same Japanese anthology magazine as Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors. In this story, Riri is just like any other normal girl—except she can foretell the future! This “Zodiac P.I.” transforms herself into the magic Detective Spica and looks to the stars to guide her way. Before long, she is joined by her childhood friend, Hiromi, who dreams of becoming a detective as skilled as Riri. Soon, no astral investigation is too arduous for this dynamic duo!

Confidential Confessions (Reality, Volume 1: July 8, 2003)

The first manga series to deal with REAL teen problems, Confidential Confessions features emotional storylines and multi-dimensional characters. Each groundbreaking volume of this shocking three-part series by Reiko Momochi tackles everyday real-life teen issues such as teen prostitution, rape, HIV, stalkers, suicide and sexual harassment. Enlightening without being preachy, this is a modern-day version of the After School Special.

PostMon Apr 28, 2003 8:23 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cartoon Network will be premiering two brand new series this summer from Warner Bros. Animation. Animation Insider has learned that Teen Titans, a series following the adventures of a group of five adolscent superheroes debuts Saturday, July 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET, PT).

Additionally, Duck Dodgers, a new series starring Daffy Duck, Porky Pig and Marvin the Martian, is based on the classic Warner Bros. short and will debut Saturday, August 23, at 11:30 a.m. (ET, PT) as part of a newly expanded Looney Tunes programming block.

PostMon Apr 28, 2003 8:24 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
There's an article in today's L.A. Times (registration required) on David Stainton, the new chief of animation at Walt Disney.

He has some interesting things to say about his views on animation.

Quote:

On Monday, the new boss roiled the ranks when he told a gathering of 525 animation employees that he wants them to produce lush, classic fairy tales -- perhaps "The Snow Queen" or "Rapunzel" -- entirely on computers.

Stainton was plucked by Disney Chief Executive Michael Eisner largely because of his success in turning TV animation into a money machine with such low-cost direct-to-video sequels as "Lion King II" and inexpensive feature films that include "Piglet's Big Movie" and "Return to Never Land."

One thing Stainton said he knows for sure: The studio's core audience for animation is 4- to 10-year-olds and their parents. "If you think you're making a movie for everybody, you're making a movie for nobody."

thanks to RZetlin of Toon Zone's forums for the head's-up. Wink
PostTue Apr 29, 2003 10:22 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
According to the new Variety, the top-rated network Kids'WB! has ordered 26 episodes of Astro Boy, a new animated series based on the classic character from the popular Japanese series, created by Osamu Tezuka.

The new Astro Boy animated series, currently airing in Japan, will be a co-production between Sony Pictures Television, Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan and Tezuka Prods. The updated animated series will air during the 2003 2004 season, likely in the midseason.

To coincide with the fictitious birth date of the main character, the new series has been airing in Japan since April 6, 2003.

The story of Astro Boy plays out like an atomic-age Pinocchio, revolving around an atomic-powered robot created in the image of a grieving scientist's dead son. The major difference, obviously, is that the robot boy is endowed with a host of powers, including flight, super-intelligence, and super-strength. The character was created in 1950's and has aired in various incarnations throughout the years.

Also, Sony's Columbia Pictures recently announced that they will be making an all computer-animated Astro Boy film for 2005.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And just as a reminder....

As part of its month-long Mega-May promotion, Kids' WB! will offer viewers a special sneak-peek of the all-new adventure series Teen Titans on the morning of Saturday, May 3. The series, coming to Kids' WB!'s 2003-04 season, is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and will be offered in conjunction with Cartoon Network.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On May 17, Kids' WB! will launch the animé series MegaMan: NT Warrior (9:30 a.m. ET). The futuristic adventure, produced by ShoPro Ent., follows the exploits of fifth-grader whose alter ego is a blue-suited, virus-fighting, virtual superhero named MegaMan. The launch will be accompanied by the Mega-Stuffed Saturday Sweepstakes, which will offer viewers the chance to win one of 200 MegaMan prizes.

PostWed Apr 30, 2003 2:05 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Why the bloody hell doesn't my cable company get the WB anymore? Bloody hell! I wanna see that stuff!

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Apr 30, 2003 2:32 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 7 of 21

Jump to: