нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Live Action Evangelion: Suck or Not Suck?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Live Action Evangelion: Suck or Not Suck?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerbera345

Post subject: Live Action Evangelion: Suck or Not Suck?
Recently Newtype Japan had a few articles and a picture of that Live Action Eva, here is that picture for everyone to look at and see whether it looks like something good or a large smoking pile of ass.
http://www.ag.wakwak.com/~lay/img-box/img20030608102137.jpg
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 1:33 am
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
I haven't seen much of eva, so I'm not sure that I'm qualified to give an accurate opinion. Cool

The live action DBZ movie will suck though.
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 1:38 am
Gerbera345

Post subject:
That is a safe bet that it will suck giant flaming donkey nuts.

Some of these other movies that might come out I''m not to sure on, some may suck the big flamers and some may not.
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 2:22 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually I have alot of hope for this one. They have alot of talented people on the job, and this movie might actually push the boundries of GC. The only thing that could kill this movie is the same thing that killed FF. Boring story and not sticking to the show. Most movies based on anime or games do this. Where everyone is expecting their favorite characters played by real actors, but end up with having nothing to do with it. Resident Evil was in my opinion the best try at this. They had some real characters and the action and story felt like it was a game. Final Fantasy had nothing at all to do with any of the games, and instead of feeling like an RPG storyline, turned out to be a lame sci-fi flick.

Fan Expectation, that's what going to kill this if they don't do what we what. We want the same characters we know and love and the same story. If you take that away what reason do you think we have to see it? I don't care how crappy the dialoge is or anything else. Seeing Asuka or Rei in flesh and blood is enough to make me spend the 8$ to see it.
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 10:16 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think, considering one of the original production companies (gainex?...ugh..can't spell it) isinvolved, I'm hoping it'll be a better adaptation than expected. But what I'm worried about is the quality of actors they use for the children, a lot of young actors aren't...well...they suck.

I think they'd have to spend a lot of money to make it look good, if they cut corners it might make it go down dramatically.
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 11:06 am
Gerbera345

Post subject:
As long as they don't use the average Asian Movie budget they will be ok, hopefully they will use a massive, overblown, American Movie Budget on this one.

Fun Note: Notice the teeth in the mouth of Unit 00 in the picture, kind of cool, and creepy.
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 12:06 pm
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease don't suck.....
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 12:41 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
If they make the movie 'right', then it could bolster the interest in Anime into the mainstream over here in the states. By right I mean explosions galore while sticking to the storyline. Basically, if it's a blockbuster movie, THEN people find out "Hey, that was from some japanese cartoon? Worth a look . . . " then if could be good for anime fans everywhere.

That's IF they do it right. IF.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 2:19 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
It will be worth it just to see NERV HQ and the Spear of Longinus in action.

I'm wondering how they're going to cram all the events from the Second Impact up to the end all in one movie. Most likely they'll have 2-3 angels and then the finale.
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 2:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
That'd be the best way. There is a possiblity for a trilogy like ther're doing with DBZ, or they could just go right into an End of Evangelion story with out much backstory.

God the anticipation is too much...
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 3:50 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
It will be better than the DBZ movie. That's all I'm saying till I see a cast list.
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 6:05 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
I agree with Zechs. This movie could be good and it may very well suck but I am not giving up hope.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 9:28 pm
Ludwika

Frequenter

Post subject:
I'm not saying anything until I find out who the cast is going to be.And if the cast is good, well then I can only hope that the live action version is properly done.
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 9:32 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
For all the expectations people are gonna make for this: my vote is SUCK.
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 11:30 pm
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
there's not enough time to put in enough of the series into a 2 hour film and still keep the original feeling and integrity of the series

I think that if they even try to do that, it'll fail pretty miserably...at least in the minds of Evangelion fans (myself, included)

if they go at it in a different manner (cut the importance of most of the characters - Kaji, Ritsuko, the prof; dumb down the story; make the story less complicated...), then maybe, maybe it'll be okay...and then, only with a mega-budget, like Gerb said

so, in conclusion...this movie'll probably suck...but man, I hope it rocks...
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 5:29 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: