нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - J's Giant Freaking Twitter Anime Review Thread
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
J's Giant Freaking Twitter Anime Review Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
"Bamboo Blade" 4/5
Really, really fun. Makes you want to learn Kendo. Or see more, even though it has a proper ending. Yay ending!
Apparently the manga has the two senseis in a rematch as adults. Boo anime!

"Big Windup!" Season 1= 4/5
BUT only for true baseball fans. Everyone else will be bored.

"Cross Game" 5/5. (especially for baseball fans or romantics)
This is one of the most beautiful anime I've ever watched.
Note: It's on Hulu. Jump right in, don't have the first episode spoiled for you.

"Dead Leaves" 4/5 One beautiful, Freudian, ADHD addled, FLCL/Aeon Flux-esque, clusterfuckity clusterfuck. Retro's dub voice is awesome.

"Dragonaut: The Resonance" 3/5
Likeable characters (and a decent ending) but the lead's a douche, and there is way too much fan service.

"Dragon Crisis" 3/5
Fun but way too typical & the fan service=icky considering the age of the characters. Misaki's our (other) girl, yo.

"Eyeshield 21" 5/5. YA-HA!

"Fighting Spirit: Champion Road" 3/5 for anime fans 2/5 for everyone. Like most show movies feels a bit rushed. And if you're not big on fighting like me there's only one word to describe it: typical.

"Giant Killing" 3/5
A fine, well paced shonen anime. Soccer fans, this is your boy.

"Guyver: Out of Control" (I forgot to rate this one)
Not bad for an 80s cartoon. Animation looks ancient but this doesn't tease violence or nudity, it DELIVERS.

"Happiness" (anime) 4/5, mostly for the characters (everything involving the transvestite is hilarious) and the fact that it has an ending.

"Paprika" 5/5. Better than Inception. Kon was the master of anime for adults.

"Slam Dunk" 5/5
The Naruto/Sasuke dynamic borrows heavily from Sakuragi/Rukawa, Eyeshield was clearly influenced too. And with good reason.
My only gripe is the anime ends before the manga WITHOUT tying things up. One thing Eyeshield definitely pulled off better.

"Skip Beat!" 5/5
Another damn anime leaves me needing to read manga or synopsis to get closure?
Sports Anime Tropes - Sports + Acting + an honest to God subtle love story= Skip Beat! Fantastic female protagonist.

"Street Fighter Alpha" 2/5

"Street Fighter Alpha: Generations" 4/5

Last edited by JKyle on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total
PostWed Apr 20, 2011 6:36 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
"Dead Leaves" 4/5 One beautiful, Freudian, ADHD addled, FLCL/Aeon Flux-esque, clusterfuckity clusterfuck. Retro's dub voice is awesome.

Also, I just want to say "Astarotte's Toy" has the most fucked up (in a good way) plot twist I've ever seen in anime.
PostWed May 25, 2011 6:10 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
"Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple" 4/5. Great on a lot of levels but teases a new arc before ending.

Wish they'd spent more time on the rock/paper/scissors aspect of different martial arts interacting.
PostTue Jun 07, 2011 12:34 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
"Street Fighter II: V" 3/5. Pretty darn good adaptation that falls just short of good. Disclaimer: I watched the dubbed version.

It's all Netflix had!
PostWed Jun 08, 2011 11:08 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
"Street Fighter II: V" 3/5. Pretty darn good adaptation that falls just short of good. Disclaimer: I watched the dubbed version.

All I can recall from that series is the narrator's enthusiasm during previews...

"Gonna burn some muscle!"
PostFri Jun 10, 2011 6:16 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Pretty darn good adaptation that falls just short of good.

At first glance I thought you had divided by zero.
PostSat Jun 11, 2011 5:05 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Quote:
Pretty darn good adaptation that falls just short of good.

At first glance I thought you had divided by zero.
Well I hate that word choice but to me pretty good is something you say when something does fall short.

Also, glad to see you guys reading this. Give me suggestions!

Also:

No ending to "Nana"? Dammit anime.
PostMon Jun 13, 2011 5:05 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
"Fighting Spirit: Champion Road" 3/5 for anime fans 2/5 for everyone. Like most show movies feels a bit rushed. And if you're not big on fighting like me there's only one word to describe it: typical.
PostTue Sep 06, 2011 12:59 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: