нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Bleach License
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Bleach License
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Looks to be a done deal, if I could get access to the article. (damn pay e-subscriptions Evil or Very Mad )

And the winner apparently is: VIZ Media.
Anime on DVD's front page wrote:
Viz Media Acquires Bleach Anime (06:36 PM EST):
According to this report from C21 Media back on February 6th, Viz Media has acquired the Bleach anime in order to push more into the teen anime market. This comes at a time when a recent Cartoon Network interview has the commentator talking about how Bleach is very much an Adult Swim oriented show and would fit well in their line-up. Time that with Inu Yasha getting closer to finishing and it looks as if Viz Media is lining things up for their next big TV push in addition to Naruto.

A Shueisha title going to Viz?
Shocking. Wink
PostThu Mar 09, 2006 1:16 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Toon Zone posted the full text of the article.

Quote:
Viz uses Bleach to clean up in teen market

Japanese animé and manga licensor Viz Media has acquired its first title aimed at the older teen and young adult demo.

Bleach comes from the same family of manga as Viz Media properties Shonen Jump, Dragonball Z and Naruto, but instead targets an older age group than the company's usual core demo of seven- to 12-year-olds.

"Bleach is one of the big heavy hitters coming out of Japan, for which we have pretty big expectations. It is a very highly rated show on TV Tokyo at the moment," said John Easum, executive VP of Viz Media.

The property is already a very strong manga publishing title in the US, and Easum feels this is a "strong indication of how it will perform as a series."

According to Daniel Marks, MD at Viz Media BV, the Amsterdam-based company Viz launched in October with licensing outfit Copyright Promotions Licensing Group, teens will find it easy to identify with Bleach's characters.

"They are hip, trendy and fashionable," said Marks. "It sort of fuses a cool Samurai-esque feel with a retro style – all in present-day pop culture Japan that we think will resonate really well with the teen demo."

Bleach follows 15-year-old high school student Ichigo Kurosaki, who is able to see and fight the undead after an encounter with a 'soul reaper.' With his newfound powers, Kurosaki and his crew take on a brand new vocation: ghost-busting. Who're ya gonna call?

PostThu Mar 09, 2006 3:10 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Now that I've read the text I'm a little bit skeptical, since I can't really tell if the article is talking about the anime being licensed or the manga being released in Europe (Viz Media BV). Shitty writer. Razz

Anime News Network is working on getting confirmation/clarification, hopefully tomorow.
PostThu Mar 09, 2006 3:20 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Am I the only one that finds it odd that this is the only source reporting that Bleach has been licensed for almost a month? With no one else reporting other then a Bleach site?
With that said I'm with Nobu on this one. Until I have a more trustworthy news source reporting this, I can't say that I believe this.
PostThu Mar 09, 2006 6:48 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Now, now... C21 Media's a reputable source, it's just that their info is usually focused on industry news, not geared toward general public information, like a press relations firm. And the paid-access priviledges cut down on availability to the public-at-large.

That said, I have no doubt the info's reliable, I just don't know what it refers to, thanks to the ambiguity of the article's subject focus.
PostThu Mar 09, 2006 7:14 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
And since we've been out of action, this press release hit the web:

Quote:
VIZ MEDIA NAMED MASTER LICENSOR FOR
HIT JAPANESE ACTION MANGA SHONEN JUMP’s BLEACH

TV Tokyo Corporation And Shueisha Inc. Appoints VIZ Media To Represent Broadcast, Home Video And Merchandising Rights In The Americas, Europe And Oceania For SHONEN JUMP’s BLEACH!

San Francisco, CA, March 15, 2006 – VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), one of the entertainment industry's most innovative and comprehensive publishing, animation and licensing companies, announced today that it has secured from worldwide licensors, TV TOKYO Corporation and Shueisha Inc., the television, home video and merchandising rights to SHONEN JUMP’S BLEACH in the Americas, Europe and Oceania. The appointment of VIZ Media as Master Licensor was facilitated by TV TOKYO Medianet, the licensing arm of TV TOKYO.

VIZ Media plans to introduce a dynamic rollout strategy that will leverage the strong manga (graphic novels) and entertainment brands into a broad licensing and marketing program. BLEACH’s television broadcast partner and key licensing partners will be determined shortly.

No whining allowed. Razz
PostSun Mar 19, 2006 2:26 am
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Woot Woot! This is so going to Adult swim. And when you think about it, its perfect! Trade in one giant sword swinging hero for another!
PostSun Mar 19, 2006 6:34 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: