нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KenshinX

Post subject:
OOH! heads get chopped of and people get impaled! this aime sounds real gory,i love gory anime! why cant it debut on adult swim!!!! will they just show the guy die or something??? how can they edit a head getting choped off and pull it off?
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 11:04 pm
KTKore

Post subject:
That's where the fun comes in for me. Seeing how they handle it all...

They'll probably just cut out a few small scenes so that you get the basic idea of what happend (one scene from DragonBall Z comes to mind when Vegeta chopped of Guldo's head and FUNimation digitally added his head to his headless body -- but I highly doubt they'll do anything like that in Kenshin).

I agree about the Adult Swim thing -- this would have made a great addition.
PostFri Mar 14, 2003 11:58 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
KenshinX wrote:
OOH! heads get chopped of and people get impaled! this aime sounds real gory,i love gory anime! why cant it debut on adult swim!!!! will they just show the guy die or something??? how can they edit a head getting choped off and pull it off?

I'm betting most of the gore is on the OVA's.
If I'm wrong, then we'll all find out Monday...
PostSat Mar 15, 2003 12:01 am
KTKore

Post subject:
There is a lot more gore in the OVA's, but the TV series has its fair share too.
PostSat Mar 15, 2003 12:08 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
KTKore wrote:
There is a lot more gore in the OVA's, but the TV series has its fair share too.

I'll take your word for it, as you have more experience with it.

*wishes TWWK was back* Sad
PostSat Mar 15, 2003 3:14 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
JJc14 wrote:
i won't say anything to spoil what happens, but opium plays a major role early on in one of the adventures...any guesses as to how they'll get around that one?

easy, they call it tea.

wow, that'd redefine the "bad tea" phrase that got thrown around the tenchi series...

blood in the series starts off rather minimal, though once the kyoto arc kicks in, we'll just have to see what happens...

as far as what block this show should be on, i think cn picked the right one...you gotta keep in mind that adult swim isn't just a haven to show any anime uncut; cn actually wants to attract the older crowd with what they put on there...reign, lupin, and bebop all have content, with or without gore, that is geared for an older audience...while rurouni kenshin's one of my favorite anime's, it'll be easily picked up by their target audience (as long as the lack of energy blasts don't bore 'em), and outside of a few bloody episodes toward the end of the kyoto arc, it should handle itself fine on toonami...

now the samurai x ova's (the first one at least, haven't seen the second yet) a whole other story...if cn ever gets that, it'd be perfect on adult swim...
PostSat Mar 15, 2003 12:15 pm
Wasabi2u

Post subject:
I've only seen the OAV...the first 15 minutes have to be the most violent thing i've ever seen in my life!! Let's just hope that if toonami hopes to put it anywhere, it'll go in adult swim (the OAV that is). Other wise, we're going to face a lot of mentally scarred children, lol. Either that, or a 15 minute episode (completely cutting that part off and then doing a "kurririn back track" (if you've seen a dbz, you'll find a lot of times, kurririn just retells us everything that happened.))

And speaking of Sake, there's not much of a general public out there who actually knows what Sake is. People just like to say, "SAKEE!!!" a lot, lol.

I can't wait for this tomorrow (the 17th).
PostSun Mar 16, 2003 8:49 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
call the fucker krillen god damn it! his name is krillen. If somebody from japan came up to you and said his name was musashi kurinaga but to call him steve you would call his ass steve. replace steve with krillen.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 4:48 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
KenshinX wrote:

Why isn't it on Adult Swim? Good question. I think that they should trade Kenshin for Inu-Yasha.
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 3:21 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
jj just made a good arguement as to why it shouldn't be on AS. everyone keeps complaining that toonami is getting the shaft, they were complaining that yu yu was just recycled from AS, now you want to give toonami's biggest aquisition since Dbz to as? dude that's fucked up.

PostMon Mar 17, 2003 3:53 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Inu Yasha- Stars a teen girl and a half demon.

Kenshin- Stars an ex-assassin who has become a masterless ronin.

Which one seems the better fit for Adult Swim?
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 5:45 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Tell ya what, don't watch either. How happy will you be then? You seem to be displeased with how CN and WS is running their blocks, so boycott them both by not watching, not that anyone here even watches Toonami anymore.

PostMon Mar 17, 2003 7:34 pm
BebopDeathGod

Post subject:
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed it. Mad Ill just have to wait until they play it again. Confused
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 8:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:
Inu Yasha- Stars a teen girl and a half demon.

Kenshin- Stars an ex-assassin who has become a masterless ronin.

Which one seems the better fit for Adult Swim?

my answer would be neither...i don't think inuyasha's a good fit on adult swim, but it's obviously too much for toonami...seeing as the alternative would be for it to NOT air, i think i can let it slide...trigun's another show that isn't really a fit on as, but since it can't air on toonami, i'd rather have it air somewhere...

anyway...

monday's episode:

a typical introduction episode that lays the foundations for the 90-odd episodes following it...we're introduced to our manslayer when karou mistakes him (though technically doesn't) as the battousai who's recently been killing people and degrading the name of the kamiya kashin style, which she teaches at her school...luckilly for her, kenshin saves her from her run-in with the "battousai" and gets to hang around her school, which results in some funny moments...

after a revelation about the man claiming the battousai title, karou finds himself at his mercy, until our wanderer makes a cool entrance, dispatches of everyone, and solves the situation without taking a life...

nothing earth-shattering here, but not many first episodes do that, right? i love the humor used throughout this series, and today was a solid example of that...the action was kind of average, but it gets more technical as the series goes on...

until tomorrow...
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 8:28 pm
The_Dragon_Master

Obsessor

Post subject:
Why can't a reverse blade kill someone?
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 8:31 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 3 of 29

Jump to: