нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - little idiots
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
little idiots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
You see. It's people like Rycel who take away my right to complain about how much my life has sucked, because it is nothing in comparison to the hell he has suffered, and that just makes me feel worse. To find out that your life is no where near as excrutiating as someone else, just makes my condition even worse. Why do I even tell you these things? Is it my right to complain? Because no one else has listened? Or the fact that I just cant let go of the events in my past? I don't know and I don't think I ever will. So thank you Rycel i'm no longer worthy of complaining beacause 1) it's almost pointless in comparison, and 2) JP will just bash my story for it's inconsistencies, and tell me to stop complaining.
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 9:02 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
You wanna know hell? go ask someone else. I'm not here to say how bad my life is, because in reality it's pretty good. I've got a great family, my HS is great too, I'm basically the class genius, and There are no bullies whatsoever. I've got my share of problems, but everybody has problems. most nerds and geeks get picked on a beaten up. I was just spared by God(==>Christian and proud of it<==) and had almost no bullies. It's my own damn fault that I have my problems. I'm low on the social ladder, but that's what happens when you become a gamer for half the life you've lived. My dad(great man, like most fathers are) says that if I ecersize more and improve my hygene, most of my problems will be solved. So in conclusion, I have just wasted 2 minutes of you life with my rant.
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 10:21 am
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rycel, do you still feel that you have no friends? At this point, I'm fairly certain there are several of us on this board who would quite readily fit the bill. Also, that post itself shows that you are at least partway there. This isn't a place to make others happy, it's here to make yourself happy. I think you must derive some pleasure out of this place, or you wouldn't come so often.

Basically, I just want to make it known that I (and I believe I speak on behalf of the others) do care about you. You are a wonderful person, and I want to help you feel as comfortable as possible in this crazy, mixed-up universe of ours. I want to be your friend.

BTW, Rycel, have you seen Evangelion?
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 11:10 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rycel, don't EVER think you are alone in your experiences. I've gone through the same stuff, only not as extreme. I finally found my friends (and thus m niche) in 10th grade. I crushed a girl's heart in 6th grade (and kick myself for it to this very day). I read your ENTIRE post. Was riveted throughout the entire thing. Don't EVER think you are the only one who's gone through that. You aren't alone. Not in the least.

JP, the line you wrote in italics was super funny. And the line before it. That's all I have in response to your post . . . (though I read all of your post too)

FDD, complain. Complain more. You don't have less problems than Rycel, you have DIFFERENT problems. You can't weigh them on the same scale.

And FAK was right, Rycel, If for nothing else, the fact that you shared so much means a lot. If there's anything I can do for you, I'm there. I'm 100% serious. A lot of us here have the whole "Do it because it makes the other person happy" mentality. So enduldge us ^_^

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 2:20 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Damn you, Hey!Steve! I was going to tell him to watch Eva! And remember to pay attention to the "Episode" ending, as that heavily applies, Rycel.
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:
You see. It's people like Rycel who take away my right to complain about how much my life has sucked, because it is nothing in comparison to the hell he has suffered, and that just makes me feel worse. To find out that your life is no where near as excrutiating as someone else, just makes my condition even worse.

Stop feeling bad! Your making Rycel cry!
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 3:54 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok, that, Bono, was rather mean. I doubt it was meant that way, but it came off a wee bit harsher than you usually seem . . .

PostSun Aug 31, 2003 5:01 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
First and foremost, thank you all. While it wil probably take a lifetime of milestones (e.g. college, marriage, children, etc) to realize that I've probably been diluting myself for my entire life about being not cared about, but I'm not going to just throw in the towel just yet. Partially because I want to enjoy the feeling I get from making other people happy a little longer, and partially because I'm a stubborn kraut who doesn't like to do anything "the easy way" (and just giving up on life is way too easy). I never quite known what others' reaction will be when I share even a vauge rundown of that mess of a life I've shared with you. Sometimes it's a friendly pat on the back, sometimes it's a confused stare, and sometimes it's even the generic "shut up and get over yourself" talk. But that you've all shown support for my plight, even though we've never truly met, means the world to me. I hope every one of you will find your own path to true happiness, friendship, and love.

JP, I appreciate your empathy. Honestly, there's not enough of it in the world. No matter what race, creed, sex, or other difference a person has, that they understand the true value of life and try to pass that on to others is truly a wonderful thing. People such as yourself are an inspiriation.

FDD, there will always be something to complain about (just ask my brother). Because you think someone has it harder than you doesn't take away any of your right to bitch and moan. Problems are problems, no matter how serious one seems more than the other. They are all worthy of attention. After all, if it weren't for venting about how life can suck no matter how good you got it, every other person in the world would probably overload and either go postal or commit suicide. So I say, "Keep on bitchin', FDD!" 'cause you're saving lives by doing so!

FAK, that you're willing to come out and say that, means a great deal. People, especially young people, aren't as honest with their feelings as they should be. If someone had said to me many years ago what you have today, my first post would probably not have existed. I can't erase what has happened in the past, nor can I simply forget it. My life has been my life, and I will carry it to the day I die. But tomorrow is tomorrow, and I will try to make the best of it. If others are willing to try with me, life is worth living another day. Thank you, FAK. (Now I really am getting a little misty. My masculinity rating just dropped another 3 points.)

CP, while I may have heard that line before, it never made me feel better. Now please don't take that the wrong way. Understand that nobody can feel what it's like to be someone else. We can only understand ourselves and apply what we know to others. But that you're willing to try, more than makes up for that fact. Just know that I'm willing to return that 100% effort you'd give me. With interest.

Bono, I have watched Eva, but I don't exactly know what you want me to see. I was too engrossed with the philosophical and religious messings-with part of it to really pay attention to anything else. I'll go through it again and try to understand. And no, FDD didn't make me cry. He made me curl into the fetal position and hug a pillow. Wink

Again, thank you everyone who offered your own views and feelings. It'll be a long road to hoe, but if there really is someone out there to share their life with me, I think I can make it. And I'll try to be there to help any and all of you do the same.
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 10:45 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
I can't say anything maore than anybody else here has said. But to say something, I'll just say that i offer you the same, 100%.
I read all the posts thwough countless interruptions, Razz but i made it. I wouldn't have read if I hadn't cared, that's all i have, i guess.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 11:24 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: From next to the Sea of Dirac
Rycel wrote:
First and foremost, thank you all. While it wil probably take a lifetime of milestones (e.g. college, marriage, children, etc) to realize that I've probably been diluting myself for my entire life about being not cared about, but I'm not going to just throw in the towel just yet.

One of the greatest things about being human is being able to recognize yourself, then change it. Why take so long? Just run the same hought process through your head: don't trust anyone until you get to know them--most people are good, but just in case. It's really not very hard to change a part of yourself once you've identified it. Am I making any sense? You will still make other people happy regardless. You're still a very nice, caring and a lot of other good traits person. The trick seems to me to be that you have to pursue a person. Don't expect anyone you like to come chasing you down--go hang out with another person at school--invite them to your place to hang out.
Quote:
I hope every one of you will find your own path to true happiness, friendship, and love.

Done, done, and working on it.
Quote:

Bono, I have watched Eva, but I don't exactly know what you want me to see. I was too engrossed with the philosophical and religious messings-with part of it to really pay attention to anything else. I'll go through it again and try to understand. And no, FDD didn't make me cry. He made me curl into the fetal position and hug a pillow. Wink

Specifically the last two episodes. Shinji's plight very closely approximates yours. He had no friends because no one loved him, not even himself. Yes, they respected him when he pilotted an eva, but that's because he was identifying himself that way. Like your acting, you would undoubtedly be cheered--I wouldn't put it past you to make a good performance. But you don't make yourself of any value to other people except as a doormat. Here is an exception, because here you give value to each and every one of us. You say intelligent things and get us to think, and for that we love you, and you love yourself for that as well. It's not about making people happy--it's about making people love. Now apply this to your other self--your personal life. Do you talk to any of your classmates about non school-ralted things? Do you say anything that another person would find funny? Then why would they be inclined to treat you as anything but another face/mark/object in the way. Basically, have a personality around others. Share your interests with others, wear your heart on your sleave.
Love,
He who is called Bono.
PostMon Sep 01, 2003 1:11 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Alright, dammit, I'm tired of this tree-huggin' hippie love-in bull-shit we've got going on in here. I hope you're all happy with the amount of pain your little "love letters" have given me... arg!!*

*[translation: You've all made me very proud...]

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostMon Sep 01, 2003 1:38 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well if I had to sum up my life into a few sentences I would probably say this...I don't know why I am the way I am, but I don't know how I can change myself, if that is necessary. Yes, most of my problems have been aggravated due to incorrect actions on my part, but that doesn't mean doing those events differently would've had a different result. Like Rycel, my mind has been severly warped due to my "peers" and those around me. In all honesty i'm sacred of losing what little happiness I have left in the world.
PostMon Sep 01, 2003 1:50 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Meh, I STILL say I have, at the absolute LEAST, a pretty good I dea of what you went through, Rycel. Aside from the vague similarities in my own life, I'm a people watcher. It's my hobby to understand why people do what they do. I don't think I know 100% what you went through, but you can be damn skippy that I have a better idea than most. And I swear to all that is good and holy in the world, you may have felt alone in you plight for the past 20 years of you life, but you aren't. You aren't alone. The only differences are the order and severity of the problems that you experienced. There ARE others like you. And nothing could convince me otherwise.

Aside from that, I'm kinda lost here. My mind is preoccupied with this girl that blew me off yesterday. I wanted to see her (in a group setting type thing. There were a few of us that were gonna go min-golfing together) so that I can figure out how it is that I feel about her, figure out if I still feel as strongly about her, but she blew me off. So I'm a little grumpy, aggrivated, and distracted. So excuse any non-sensical ramblings that come forth from my fingertips.

PostMon Sep 01, 2003 9:22 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I like cookies. That is all.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Sep 01, 2003 12:14 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
*Looks down at the 2 cookies he has in his hand. Looks at Spook. Looks down longingly at the cookies. Sighs, then gives a cookie to Spook.*

PostMon Sep 01, 2003 1:53 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
hmmm... CP and girl problems... gee, why does that sound so familiar...

Razz I'm just messin' wif you...

*drops off a whole unopened bag of the new "Uh-Oh! Oreos"*

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostMon Sep 01, 2003 4:23 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: