нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - FLCL - Furi Kuri - Fooly Cooly - and a yellow vespa
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
FLCL - Furi Kuri - Fooly Cooly - and a yellow vespa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
1. I SAW DOMO-KUN ON TELEVISION. HUZZAH.

2. The FLCL ending sequence rocks.

3. CollegeBum surprises us yet again with the incredible yet intangible wit he so generously pours out of his cerebrum.
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 5:10 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
one episode in, and all i know is that i want that bass guitar...the thing can crush skulls and skid on the road at high speed without showing even a miniscule sign of damage...oh, and i thought it was funny that when she was plucking the string, she was playing it upside-down (a right-handed bass being played lefty)...

oh, right, the episode...uh, funny stuff in the "i don't have a clue of what the hell's going on" type of way...looking forward to see where it goes from here...

[added a few hours later]

okay, seems that i was a bit off with the instrument...given the location of the knobs and the whammy-bar, it actually is a lefty bass, so it makes sense how she played it...what threw me was the logo on the top, which would technically be upside down for a left-handed guitar...

Last edited by JJc14 on Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 5:23 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
The first episode had me going, "Wow." Shocked

I haven't seen anything this weird since Fight Club.
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 6:15 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
The first episode had me going, "Wow." 8O

This is a different kind of weird. Fight Club was, how you say, a bit more direct in its message(s). FLCL is basically what an anime would be if I made it. And I had crazy mad drawing skillz.
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 7:35 pm
AngelKnight2780

Post subject:
All I'm going to say is that FLCL shows once again why it's a BAD idea to let the animators off their anti-psychotics. Wink

Really, I think that the animators wanted to try all sorts of animation styles, so this was their excuse. (Just wait for the South Park style segment.)
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 8:30 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
How original is THAT! The stuff coming OUT OF HIS FOREHEAD! Has that ever been done ANYWHERE before? It's just so . . . different, I can't NOT watch.

I agree. I wish I could do stuff like that. Just imagine a Gundam coming out of your head. Mr. Green WHOO! Look out, Bush! There's a NEW President that's fit to run this nation! Twisted Evil Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Or maybe you can do more than just robots. Take, for example... um, well... Wink Razz
PostWed Aug 06, 2003 12:32 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Oh, and Pillows are sw33t.

yes, pillows are sweet. Actually i'm listening to them right now.
Everyone saw that anime T-mobile commercial right? Is that a real anime? I think they're kinda playing it out though, every 5 seconds. "order me a drink aya!" *BOOM!!!* I do hope they come out with more to the series. 6 eps. doesn't quite do it.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostWed Aug 06, 2003 12:42 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
stFalcon5 wrote:
Daikun wrote:
The first episode had me going, "Wow." Shocked

This is a different kind of weird. Fight Club was, how you say, a bit more direct in its message(s). FLCL is basically what an anime would be if I made it. And I had crazy mad drawing skillz.

You know something? You have a very good point there. FLCL is what a lot of us would do if we had COMPLETE freedom to just do WHATEVER came to mind. It's so unrestricted I just can't NOT watch it.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Aug 06, 2003 10:28 am
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
AngelKnight2780 wrote:
(Just wait for the South Park style segment.)

Shocked WAAAAAAAA!!!! Shocked
Sets up VCR
PostWed Aug 06, 2003 2:17 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
hahahahha!!!!!!! I almost forgot about that one!!!!!!

peace
PostThu Aug 07, 2003 2:32 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dear LORD you know what made me crack up last night? The boy (I don't know any names, so sue me.) was under hte bridge with that brown-haired-crazy-girl. And at one point the cat was jumping around randomly. Then it jumped off the screen to the left and simply appeard from the right side of the screen. I almost fell off my couch laughing.

And Conti (the robot) is super cool in every way imaginable.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Aug 07, 2003 8:24 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Uncle Tyler wants YOU! Canti for President! 2004!
PostThu Aug 07, 2003 4:54 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
And at one point the cat was jumping around randomly. Then it jumped off the screen to the left and simply appeard from the right side of the screen. I almost fell off my couch laughing.

I wonder if that's maybe an homage to MST3K, because that joke happened in one of the episodes. I think it was The Atomic Brain, but I'm not sure though.
PostThu Aug 07, 2003 5:20 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
OK was she having sex with the kids dad, or the robot version of him, or where they even doing that at all?
PostThu Aug 07, 2003 11:59 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
EYEBROWS! Shocked
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 4:01 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: