нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - "Do you like dramas--I mean, SCARY MOVIES? D'oh!"
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
"Do you like dramas--I mean, SCARY MOVIES? D'oh!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: "Do you like dramas--I mean, SCARY MOVIES? D'oh!"
Frustrated actors have a new outlet for their creative urges that until now was only available to their singing cousins -- Movieoke, Karaoke's cinematic sibling.

The brainchild of film-fanatic Anastasia Fite, Movieoke is just what it sounds like: a chance for those brave enough to take over from Robert De Niro in his "You talkin' to me?" monologue in Taxi Driver, or to strut their stuff alongside Ben Stiller in Zoolander.

The weekly affair takes place in the Den of Cin, a basement space below an East Village pizza parlor and video store that offers a huge selection of films to act along with.

Guests select a specific scene from a movie that is then projected onto a big screen, while a monitor in front of them shows the scene along with subtitled dialogue.

The result is either a skillful rendering of the original lines or, more often than not, some sort of goof up that draws laughter from the audience.

So far, the Movieoke night has mostly drawn mid-20s movie buffs eager to relive scenes from their childhood favorites such as '80s classics The Breakfast Club and Heathers.

But you don't have to be a connoisseur, or in your 20s, to love Movieoke, though having a few beers upon arrival might help loosen things up.

"As long as you're not afraid to make a fool of yourself, it becomes a really communal experience," said Fite, who invented Movieoke last October and gives patrons their first beer free.

Not surprisingly given her passion for films, the Movieoke queen hails from Los Angeles. An energetic participant herself, Fite says she got the idea after making a short film about a girl who talked only in movie dialogue.

Matt Dujnic, a regular who played several roles throughout the evening, was clearly enthralled by the whole thing.

"It appeals to the aspiring never-to-be an actor in me," said Dujnic.

A small, but enthusiastic crowd attended Wednesday's session. First-timer Jon Ratner seemed completely at ease as he played pretty much every character in a scene from Eddie Murphy's Coming to America.

"I've seen that movie more than I've seen myself in the mirror," he joked.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040212/film_nm/life_movieoke_dc_3
PostFri Feb 13, 2004 2:44 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
There have been several TV shows in the past that had actors redoing the diaglog of an old movie. But never one that they blantantly redid the lines. This actually sounds kind of interesting. Because everyone has movie lines they know inside and out. Say if they took scenes from "The Holy Grail" or Joe Pesces "Do I look funny?" scene. It would be hilarious watch people fumble over these or do them correctly
PostFri Feb 13, 2004 7:24 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
wonder how many star wars fanatics go in there cospllayed to perform "luke I am your father"
PostMon Feb 16, 2004 9:10 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
I could do plenty of stuff fronmi]The Princess Bride[/i].

" 'To the pain' means that first you lose your feet below the ankles, then your hands at the wrists. Next your nose ... "
" And then my tongue I suppose. I killed you too quickly the last time, a mistake I don't mean to duplicate tonight!"
" I wasn't finished! Next you will lose your left eye, followed by your right!"
" And then my ears, I understand! Let's get on with it!"
" Wrong. Your ears you keep, and I will tell you why: So that every shriek of every child at the sight of your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe who weeps at your approach; every woman who cries out 'Dear God, what is that THING' will echo in your perfect ears. THAT is what 'to the pain' means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever."

Wow, that took a lot longer to type than to say. Razz
PostMon Feb 16, 2004 7:36 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Princess Bride wrote:
Inigo: Vezzini, he can fuss.

Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he likes to scream at us!

Inigo: Probably he means no harm.

Fezzik: He's very very short on charm!

Inigo: You have a great gift for rhyme.

Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.

Vizzini: Enough of that!

Inigo: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?

Fezzik: If there are, we'll all be dead!

Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it!

Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?

or this one...

Princess Bride wrote:
"You mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized men?"

or this one...

Princess Bride wrote:
Vizzini: Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You've made your decision then?

Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Vizzini: Wait 'til I get going. Where was I? Yes -- Australia, and you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You're stalling now.

Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my Turk, which means you are exceptionally strong, so you could have put it in your cup, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You're just trying to trick me into giving away something -- it won't work --

Vizzini: It has worked -- you've given everything away -- I know where the poison is.

Man in Black: Then make your choice!

Vizzini: I will and I choose -- *pointing behind Man in Black* -- what in the world can that be?

Man in Black: *turns* Where? I don't see anything.

Vizzini: *switching goblets while Man in Black's head is turned* Oh well, I could have sworn I saw something; no matter.

Man in Black: *notices Vizzini smiling to himself* What's so funny?

Vizzini: Tell you in a minute. First let's drink -- me from my glass, you from yours!

*both take a tense moment to drink from their goblets*

Man in Black: You guessed wrong.

Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong -- that's what's so funny -- I switched glasses when your back was turned. Fool! -- you fell victim to one of the classic blunders -- the most famous is "never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Siciilian when death is on the line."

*cackles loudly for a brief moment, then suddenly drops dead*

or go for the short ones, like these:

Princess Bride wrote:
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in the world. T'would be a pity to damage yours."

Princess Bride wrote:
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostTue Feb 17, 2004 3:35 am
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Anyone do any anime lines?

Akira(Movie) wrote:
"Hes our friend, we should get to kill him!"

At least I think thats how it went.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostWed Feb 18, 2004 4:28 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: