нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Evangelion rebirth
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Evangelion rebirth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
I half wonder if they plan of re-dubbing the whole series. The original dub is just so terrible that I'd would personally be ashamed to be Williams Street airing those awful voice-overs.

In the Eva Platinum episode 1 commentary, Matt Greenfield explains how back when they first did the Eva dub, that these were the best VAs they could find. He also says that they were thinking about redubbing the series for the Platinum version, but so many fans were used to the existing VAs, that recasting/redubbing would have angered the fans. So they just re-recorded some lines that needed changing and only recast the VAs they couldn't get in contact with.

So in short, the existing English cast/dub isn't going anywhere.
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 9:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs, Speed Racer had a good dub "for it's time."
The Genetic Argument is a very bad one. Cartoon Network can do a lot better and they should. As I pointed out in that other thread, look to say, Anime Eigo for dubs made at the same time that were actually good. Hell, even the Robotech dub far surpassed the Eva dub in quality, and that was done years before.
Yes, it really was that bad.
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 9:50 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I havent watched Eva in quite awhile. But I dont remember the dub being that bad. I didnt here any of the original voices which is probaly whats biasing you guys.

Odd that you should choose Robotech for comparision. But the one thing about Robotech was that the voices never felt duplicated. As in the same person doing all the voices. You get that in a lot of series. Whether its the old Batman:TAS or especially the company that did the dub for Bebop.
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 10:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Laughingman

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Laughing Man, I disagree.

NGE has smooth, almost current lookin animation. Thus its look will not drive anyone away. The reason I didn't like Lupin III was the old look of the animation. But you keep pondering about how NGE will not be good or well recieved.

Point the First: Big O. Big O was so liked that Cartoon Network HAD A SECOND SEASON MADE. This measn A) People like big robots, and B) People don't mind confusing shows.

Point the Second: Because it will be on late at night, there isn't too much the FCC can do. Comedy Central gets away with saying Fuck as much as they want if it's after 1 in the morning. Cartoon Network can't do this because it has kids watching most of the time. But they can do more than you think. The edits on Adult Swim are elegant and all necissary for them to avoid complaints. But plot hasn't been changed, what, ever on Adult Swim? At least not in a very, very long time. That's at the LEAST.

Point the Third: You say that after Paranoia Agent, people won't want another thought provoking show. Bullshit. If anything, the people that liked Paranoia Agent will stick around for NGE. The people that liked Big O will come back for NGE. That's two audiences you have right there.

My point? Don't predict how it will do until it airs. Although, with a show like NGE, where all I hear from ANYONE that knows anime is "...you like anmie and you havne't seen Neon Genisis Evangelion? WTF????". I am gaurenteeing that it will do WONDERFULLY on Adult Swim.

So don't be pessimistic unless you wnat to be dumb.

By being pessimistic I can eat crow later on. I really want Eva to be succesful, but I don't want to rely on false hope. If it does well i'd be jumping with joy because it would prove AS haters wrong, but I dont want to jinx it's chances by declaring it's going to be the best thing ever. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding, I'm just superstitous.
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 11:34 pm
Aioros_Gold_knight

Post subject:
the one person whos voice i have a problem with in the dub is misatos voice for me it jsut doesnt work for her compared to the japanese voice actor.
PostWed Jul 06, 2005 12:43 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Oh btw, I hate you for making me join the AS boards. For after I read the posted article I ventured out into the abyss and found a stupidity I felt responsible to correct and recieved only idiocy in return.

I would have thought you'd know better after your AsianFanatics experience. Wink

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
PostWed Jul 06, 2005 3:30 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've been spoiled by this board and that should be a lesson to all of you. Be calm in this last bastion of coherent thought and reason.
PostWed Jul 06, 2005 3:49 am
Laughingman

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
I've been spoiled by this board and that should be a lesson to all of you. Be calm in this last bastion of coherent thought and reason.

How bad could they be ?
PostWed Jul 06, 2005 4:45 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
2 words: Gaia Online ::shudder::
PostWed Jul 06, 2005 5:28 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
2 words: Gaia Online ::shudder::

Bad Nobu. No instilling a loathing for humanity in the forumgoers. No donut for you.

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostWed Jul 06, 2005 6:37 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
AngelHedgie wrote:
Bad Nobu. No instilling a loathing for humanity in the forumgoers. No donut for you.

Oh, like they don't have one already... Wink
PostThu Jul 07, 2005 11:43 am
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
For all he people talking about the FCC and adult Swim in the same breath: The FCC, legally, has NO jurisdiction over cable. Period. They'd prefer you THINK they do, but it's not spectrum. It's sent DIRECTLY into your home. They can't touch cable, at all.
PostThu Jul 07, 2005 9:12 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
AngelHedgie wrote:

Oh, like they don't have one already... Wink

Yes, but that doesn't mean you have to excerbate it.

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostFri Jul 08, 2005 12:46 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
Okay, shamlessly taken from the F*ckin' Otaku forums, an excellent summary of Eva:

Quote:
Shinji: Asuka, I hate myself and want to die. Please help me. I guess you should wake up first, though.
Asuka: SPROING-OING-OING
Shinji: Hmm... never mind. I think I can help myself. (fap fap fap)
Shinji: I totally hate myself for doing that. Although come to think of it, that means this little interlude of depravity encapsulates the entire Evangelion series.

PostFri Jul 08, 2005 1:32 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
omg you spoiled it for me, now I never want to see it -_-
PostFri Jul 08, 2005 2:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: