нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject: Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
[note: new topic started in hopes of rejuvenating interest]

since nearly everyone was oblivious to toonami's last new acquisition, .hack//SIGN, i thought i'd bring this up again as a reminder...

RUROUNI KENSHIN: Starting March 17 at 6:30

well, looking at the toonami promos thus far (i'm holding out hope that we see some "character" ones in the future), they appear to be hyping this up as a massive hack-n-slash anime a la ninja scroll...however, rurouni kenshin sports some of the most developed characters you can get, so while the kick-ass swordplay shouldn't be overlooked, there's definitely more than meets the eye...still, from the promos i'm getting the feeling that toonami's got some respect for this series, and i'm psyched about it...

anyway, i'm hoping to get some discussion going on here, but i never was much of a talker (don't ya love how i think things out ahead of time?)...if anyone's curious about something related to the show, i'll do my best to answer, and i know there's at least a few other fans around here too, so maybe they can make something interesting outta this...

oh yea, long-time tda/ti members may remember the "Kenshin vs. Suzuka" poll i put up last summer, which got eleven responses (three for kenshin, eight suzuka)...perhaps i should put that back up in a month or so...
PostSun Mar 09, 2003 10:40 pm
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
Put it up after the Kyoto arc. Then we'll see who wins.
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 12:42 am
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I never saw this series before and I'm looking forward to finally being able to watch it.

How many "arcs" are there?
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 2:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thricsis_TS

Post subject:
I saw it subbed and I must say... WATCH THIS SERIES!!! It's the whole reason I'm going to start watching Toonami again. (and the new Tom looks sweet Wink ) But I miss his beer gut...
Thrice, From Autumn To Ashes, Alkaline Trio, Remembering Never, Something Corporate, Letter Kills, On The Might Of Princes, You And I, Shady View Terrace, Feeling Left Out, Further Seems Forever, Kind Of Like Spitting, Stars Are Falling, December, Time Sp
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 5:42 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Kenshin promo was the best we've gotten from Toonami since . . . I'd say Outlaw Star. (All time best promo: 2 minute long Gundam Wing.)

I really want to see this show. I liks swords. Especially katanas . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 6:15 pm
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
Well....

It's good....

Just please don't obsses over it. I had a rival/bastard jerk do that. I wanted to kill him.

Kenshin is good, but not A++++++++++ Bebop good.
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 11:17 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kenshin is going to be Toonami's bebop.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 11:39 pm
DeeLite

Frequenter

Post subject:
So you guys are finally getting Kenshin shown on Cartoon Network?
PostTue Mar 11, 2003 1:08 am
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
DeeLite wrote:

Not just us, anybody can watch it!
PostTue Mar 11, 2003 7:44 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beefy wrote:
I never saw this series before and I'm looking forward to finally being able to watch it.

How many "arcs" are there?

it's been a year, so my exact episode counts may be off, but i think the series is divided into three:

"wandering samurai" (1-27) basically sets us up by introducing the characters and getting to know them...most of the episodes here are self-contained, though they do throw in some multi-episode stories as well...

"legend of kyoto" (28-62) throws kenshin's past right back at us as an individual attempts to take over japan...i don't really wanna say much more than that...

"tales of the meiji" (63-95) goes back to the formula of the first arc, though this time, most of the adventures take up multiple episodes...

Thricsis_TS wrote:
I saw it subbed and I must say... WATCH THIS SERIES!!!

i'm actually interested in seeing how you'll take to the dub then...most people i've come across who saw it subbed first say that kenshin has one of the worst dubs ever...

i saw it dubbed first and thought they did a good job, though some actors did have to develop into their roles over a few episodes (but that's probably why they put the hilarious outtakes on the dvds)
PostTue Mar 11, 2003 10:56 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cooolcorey wrote:
DeeLite wrote:

By us she means america...they've had Kenshin already shown in other countries on CN
PostTue Mar 11, 2003 2:24 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Dubb is ok from the little I have seen but I like it subbed more.
PostTue Mar 11, 2003 7:11 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
my personal rule on the sub vs. dub issue is this: If the show is based in old or ancient Japan (in this case, the Meiji Era), then it should only be viewed in its original Japanese! It'd be like watching Kurosawa's Seven Samurai or Ran with horrible English dubbing; it just don't work and turns it into a freaking Kung Fu flick.

I personally despise the dub of Kenshin, but I also have been waiting for Kenshin to make it to American TV. So, in the hopes that Kenshin becomes popular in the U.S. market, I will back this horrible, horrible dub with my personal blessing. Hey, at least they meant well (and at least it isn't as horribly "re-written" as, oh, let's say Cardcaptors/Card Captor Sakura)...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostTue Mar 11, 2003 9:50 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Cooolcorey wrote:
DeeLite wrote:

By us she means america...they've had Kenshin already shown in other countries on CN

Ah, I didn't realize she was in Japan...
PostWed Mar 12, 2003 7:45 am
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
She's not.
PostWed Mar 12, 2003 7:58 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: