нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Macworld Expo 2004
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Macworld Expo 2004
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmuroSenshi

Post subject: Macworld Expo 2004
The expo is finally here! San Francisco, the 6th-9th. I can't wait until they unveil teh new computers. I'm planning on getting a new G5 btw Laughing (1.6 Ghz tho, um poor, k? ^_^) ; so any rumors about the new products, or any plans on buying a new mac??
PostTue Jan 06, 2004 3:56 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
4 Gig iPod mini, in assorted colors, for $250.

:add: GarageBand looks pretty neat, if creating music is your thing.

[url]maccentral.macworld.com/[/url] has all the MacWorld Expo news you'll ever need.
PostTue Jan 06, 2004 4:52 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
4GB for $250? Had they released the magic $99 IPod i think we would have all jumped on it. Apple had a chance to really take the world over with IPod's and ITunes. But continues to be the company to buy hyper-expensive stuff from.

Apple had reportedly been in talks with AMD to create Athlon Macs and leaving their little closed world.

I like Macs but the only one I own is a 68040 LC3
PostWed Jan 07, 2004 7:51 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
I have a Mac, it is an Ancient Macintosh SE. It even has a working printer.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostWed Jan 07, 2004 9:00 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
$99 iPods was always a laughable concept.
...and at $249, the iPod mini just seems like it's meant to upsell the 15GB model (only $50 more, and over three times the storage!)
G5 Xserves rock. I need some for my work
All the features of the "new" Xserve RAID are backwards-compatible with the old RAID with a firmware update. Rockin'.
iMovie '04 is my new love.
No.
Scratch that.
Amanda is.

EDIT:
Apple is not in talks with AMD. Your observance of unfounded rumors is well over 8 months too late.
Any move to an x86 processor was a contingency plan if IBM's G5 didn't pay off...which it did.
PostWed Jan 07, 2004 9:46 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
But Fodder, iPods are taking over the world already (730,000 units in Oct-Dec 2004) Exclamation
TylerL wrote:
...and at $249, the iPod mini just seems like it's meant to upsell the 15GB model (only $50 more, and over three times the storage!)

But we're practical people, for the most part. That's why the 15-gig makes more sense.
This "mini" appears to be aimed at the fashion-conscious. If they could have gotten it down to $199, it'd be flying off the shelves, IMHO.
Quote:
G5 Xserves rock. I need some for my work
All the features of the "new" Xserve RAID are backwards-compatible with the old RAID with a firmware update. Rockin'.

I'd love to get our IT guy to consider these for our new facility. But he's deeply in love with the penguin.
PostWed Jan 07, 2004 5:00 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
I'd love to get our IT guy to consider these for our new facility. But he's deeply in love with the penguin.

Tell PenguinMan that Xserves use Mac OS X which is based on BSD, and all of his utilities can be recompiled if they don't already exist for OS X.
Solid BSD system in many ways.

...or if he's total Linux zealot, tell him that Yellow Dog Linux will run on the Xserve G5s very soon.
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/
PostWed Jan 07, 2004 5:06 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
TylerL wrote:
Nobuyuki wrote:

Tell PenguinMan that Xserves use Mac OS X which is based on BSD, and all of his utilities can be recompiled if they don't already exist for OS X.
Solid BSD system in many ways.

...or if he's total Linux zealot, tell him that Yellow Dog Linux will run on the Xserve G5s very soon.
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

The problem on his end is convincing the money guys that Microsoft isn't the be-all/end-all. Razz

Oh well, I've still got a year or so to work on him... Twisted Evil
PostWed Jan 07, 2004 5:27 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
TylerL wrote:

But we're practical people, for the most part. That's why the 15-gig makes more sense.
This "mini" appears to be aimed at the fashion-conscious. If they could have gotten it down to $199, it'd be flying off the shelves, IMHO.

My friend just got an iPod for Christmas. They already are sleek and sexy. I didn't want one until I saw it, and the only thing keeping me from running out and getting one is the price. Damn those things are sexy . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jan 07, 2004 6:17 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
I had one and then I accidentally left it in my pocket when I went in the ocean, so now I don't have one anymore... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
PostWed Jan 07, 2004 10:08 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Is an iPOD like a PDA?

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostWed Jan 07, 2004 10:11 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
It's an MP3 player. But it's a top of the line MP3 player. In fact many people consider it the MP3 player.
PostThu Jan 08, 2004 12:30 am
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've used and set up both iPods from Apple and Nomad Zen players from Creative Labs. I would rather have a Firewire Zen personaly. The Apple looks good but I've had too much trouble with the PC verson.
PostThu Jan 08, 2004 12:37 am
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
I would rather have an MP4 player, frankly.

On that note, does anyone know of a program to play MP4's on the PC? Tyler has some MP4's on TDA.

PostThu Jan 08, 2004 9:19 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
MP4 is MPEG-4
QuickTime plays MPEG-4 Audio and Video
iTunes uses MPEG-4 audio for their music store as well as the default for new song imports.
The iPod is sorta kinda an MP4 player.
PostThu Jan 08, 2004 9:58 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: